LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 141 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Drake has been underwhelming and it's only a matter of time before he's out of the team.

Burford is a steaming pile of dog s**t.

Doesn't matter. Purdy was worth way more than all the draft picks we had that year (33rd pick).

The rest of that draft class is worthless but coming away with a franchise QB is worth way more than those picks should have been worth.

Agree.

But it's a testament to how badly Shanahan and Lynch have drafted the last few years.

That and the Trey Lance fiasco will soon bite us in the ass.

Lance damage is now behind the team.
Draft is a crapshoot but yet here we are just coming off a Super Bowl berth having barely lost in OT after we took the lead three times between the fourth quarter and OT something never done before that netted a loss and we're here bashing our drafts?

The second year QB we selected nearly won league MVP. Dude played better than CJ Stroud at pick 262!

We good!
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Drake has been underwhelming and it's only a matter of time before he's out of the team.

Doesn't matter. Purdy was worth way more than all the draft picks we had that year (33rd pick).

The rest of that draft class is worthless but coming away with a franchise QB is worth way more than those picks should have been worth.

Agree.

But it's a testament to how badly Shanahan and Lynch have drafted the last few years.

It won't be unless ShanaLynch knock this draft out of the park.
[ Edited by Koldo on Apr 20, 2024 at 4:26 PM ]

Which im sure you are hoping for very much
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Which im sure you are hoping for very much

Am I hoping for ShanaLynch to knock this draft out of the park?

Absolutely

I'm not holding my breath thou
Am I hoping for ShanaLynch to knock this draft out of the park?

Absolutely

I'm not holding my breath thou

Don't knock it until you try it for an hour

Agree.

Even Lance jerseys that couldn't sell even at like 90% off, finally sold--or got donated idk. It is truly a closed chapter lol

Agree.

Not missing any picks this year and if you swap Lance for Brock it's worth it. Back to normal this year. Without a lot of holes.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
It's very difficult to truly rank Purdy amongst his peers because of what he has to work with. A top 3 offensive mind with Shanahan and a similar ranking regarding the skill set of surrounding players. Plus the fact that he's got arguably the best RB in the game, in a run oriented system that really takes the pressure off of him. His Oline is sub-par but that in no way, shape or form negates the positives to a level of par....Purdy is fairly blessed to be where he is. He's better than any QB SF has had since Garcia (might be better than him as well), but no way can I say he's there with the HOF guys we've had here. Not yet.

On one hand, I'm glad for the talent around Brock, but I wouldn't mind seeing him down a few of those key guys to really see how good HE is. To see if he can 'carry' the team. That's the best way I can define a elite QB.

I'm not so sure about that with pass protection always in the bottom 5 to 10 in the league, Not to mention, Brock gets out of at least two or three sacks per game because of his elite escapability, the positive players around him as well as the coach should definitely be considered secondary imo. Doing what he does, processing capability, accuracy, timing and anticipation…. It is not that hard to rank him among his peers. He is easily top seven but like I said before with the horrific pass protection, he plays more like top 3 to 5.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I'm not so sure about that with pass protection always in the bottom 5 to 10 in the league, Not to mention, Brock gets out of at least two or three sacks per game because of his elite escapability, the positive players around him as well as the coach should definitely be considered secondary imo. Doing what he does, processing capability, accuracy, timing and anticipation…. It is not that hard to rank him among his peers. He is easily top seven but like I said before with the horrific pass protection, he plays more like top 3 to 5.

True, his protection is horrible, but well probably draft a couple TE's and a kicker before we draft some Oline! jk

By far the biggest need is Oline. Need to draft two PL with high picks. Give Purdy some extra time and I think they will do VERY well.

I'll say this again. The FO should be looking to protect their upcoming multimillion dollar QB by investing draft capital in at least 3 OL. I can't say where they should be drafted but, the more bodies the better. Yeah I know there are other positions of need. But, they NEED some good offensive lineman to take care of Purdy Boy Brock. This draft will also be tied to whether or not the Niners go back to the Super Bowl this year and in the future. And, to winning them.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by elguapo:

True, his protection is horrible, but well probably draft a couple TE's and a kicker before we draft some Oline! jk

By far the biggest need is Oline. Need to draft two PL with high picks. Give Purdy some extra time and I think they will do VERY well.

Lynch said so himself that it's a priority, but we will see if it becomes a reality.

Originally posted by NinerTy:
I'll say this again. The FO should be looking to protect their upcoming multimillion dollar QB by investing draft capital in at least 3 OL. I can't say where they should be drafted but, the more bodies the better. Yeah I know there are other positions of need. But, they NEED some good offensive lineman to take care of Purdy Boy Brock. This draft will also be tied to whether or not the Niners go back to the Super Bowl this year and in the future. And, to winning them.

We are going to have a very, very good defense and a good offense however, if we invest high draft picks and talent in the OL, it could be the difference in winning winning multiple Super Bowls in the next couple of years
  • bud49
  • Veteran

Burford is steaming pile of dog s**t.

I get what you're saying but for Lynch and Shannahan to have pretty good drafts overall this one was a POS. Other than Purdy. To not get one serviceable player excluding Purdy out of this draft class is a Wow.

I got faith in a better draft class this year.
[ Edited by bud49 on Apr 21, 2024 at 5:35 PM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
I get what you're saying but for Lynch and Shannahan to have pretty good drafts overall this one was a POS. Other than Purdy. To not get one serviceable player excluding Purdy out of this draft class is a Wow.

I got faith in a better draft class this year.

If you get an All Pro level player out of a draft it's a win no matter what else happens.
Protect Purdy at all costs
I want a solid steel oline
Share 49ersWebzone