Originally posted by Montana:
Protect Purdy at all costs
I want a solid steel oline

• Koldo
  • Veteran

Kyle: did you say overdrafted RB / undersized slot receiver / long snapper? You got it!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Purdy is the only shot at Kyle winning an SB, he better damn well do everything for this guy

26' or bust
[ Edited by Montana on Apr 21, 2024 at 11:14 PM ]
Reading the comments from the beginning of this thread is hilarious. So many jokes about him threatening Lance and being the franchise QB...
Originally posted by Koldo:

Kyle: did you say overdrafted RB / undersized slot receiver / long snapper? You got it!!

🤡
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Reading the comments from the beginning of this thread is hilarious. So many jokes about him threatening Lance and being the franchise QB...

The reality is Lance threatened himself by not remotely being up to NFL standard. That and injuries opened the door. One thing we see with QB success rates, is R1 guys often get a long leash, think Alex Smith. R6 or R7 guys, have to ball from their first game, if they even get one. Often the investment in early round picks gives those guys way more opportunity. Have to wonder how many Kurt Warner's, Brock's, Tom Brady's never got their shot. All needed kinda fluke injuries to see the field.

I'd jump infront of bullets and diesels for Brock.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

The reality is Lance threatened himself by not remotely being up to NFL standard. That and injuries opened the door. One thing we see with QB success rates, is R1 guys often get a long leash, think Alex Smith. R6 or R7 guys, have to ball from their first game, if they even get one. Often the investment in early round picks gives those guys way more opportunity. Have to wonder how many Kurt Warner's, Brock's, Tom Brady's never got their shot. All needed kinda fluke injuries to see the field.

I've wondered many times how many who never got a chance but could of really been something. Like you said, the late round guys typically don't even get a chance To see the field, and when they do, it's all or nothing. Specifically at qb. They barely get reps in general in practice.

I was never a fan of the Lance pick, always liked him as a person, but never thought it would succeed. I was somewhat optimistic initially. I also thought the Brock pick was a waste cause I didn't think he'd ever get a chance, and if he did, what could pick 262 do? Lmao I'm just glad I was wrong.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I've wondered many times how many who never got a chance but could of really been something. Like you said, the late round guys typically don't even get a chance To see the field, and when they do, it's all or nothing. Specifically at qb. They barely get reps in general in practice.

I was never a fan of the Lance pick, always liked him as a person, but never thought it would succeed. I was somewhat optimistic initially. I also thought the Brock pick was a waste cause I didn't think he'd ever get a chance, and if he did, what could pick 262 do? Lmao I'm just glad I was wrong.

The first telling sign is when they parted ways with Suds after I believe a gtd $2mil, they knew they couldn't PS Purdy. That was a bit of a tip off.

The first telling sign is when they parted ways with Suds after I believe a gtd $2mil, they knew they couldn't PS Purdy. That was a bit of a tip off.

Yes many said oh snap Purdy is legit looking good when that happened. It certainly caught my attention. I actually think Lance could have been decent, but his injuries derailed the plan to bring him along. Also if they never discovered Purdy we would still have Trey.

I tend to think about the ghost whisperer now in Minnesota myself.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Honestly Trey was a terrible pick at the three spot to begin with. Kid had not played enough football to be drafted that high, and what he did play was not even against elite teams. Not his fault just a bad choice by Lynch and Shanahan that Brock bailed their arzes out of.
Good to see BP in the presser
Let's gooooooooo lol 💪
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yes many said oh snap Purdy is legit looking good when that happened. It certainly caught my attention. I actually think Lance could have been decent, but his injuries derailed the plan to bring him along. Also if they never discovered Purdy we would still have Trey.

I was genuinely surprised that they kept Brock, but pleasantly. I really didn't pay much attention to him until the dolphins game, I actually remember saying "we are effed if Jimmy gets hurt again. We have a f**kin 7th round rookie as our backup…" DAMN it feels good to be wrong.

i was hooked on Brock immediately though. There was something special about the way he played the game, with no practice, and a rookie. He's done nothing but improve and I cannot wait to see how he looks in camp.

i said during 2022 that we should buckle in because it's going to be a great 10-15 year run for us. Finally struck some qb luck and I've never been more excited as a fan.
Good to see BP in the presser
Let's gooooooooo lol 💪

Good to see you, Montana! Hope you're doing well! Can't wait for us to gush over Brock like little girls during the season! 😍
Share 49ersWebzone