LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 147 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Good to see BP in the presser
Let's gooooooooo lol 💪

Good to see you, Montana! Hope you're doing well! Can't wait for us to gush over Brock like little girls during the season! 😍

Good to see you! Same to you, just watching the NHL playoffs lol..I gush nonstop for BP lol. He is getting stacked! Dude has more legs than KFC. Watch out!
[ Edited by Montana on Apr 22, 2024 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Oh hell yeah! *saves to the spankbank*.

so cool that Brock can FINALLY have a real full off season, put in additional work, study his film etc. man it's going to be awesome to see what improvements he makes. This man is going to be insane next year.

so cool that Brock can FINALLY have a real full off season, put in additional work, study his film etc. man it's going to be awesome to see what improvements he makes. This man is going to be insane next year.

I was genuinely surprised that they kept Brock, but pleasantly. I really didn't pay much attention to him until the dolphins game, I actually remember saying "we are effed if Jimmy gets hurt again. We have a f**kin 7th round rookie as our backup…" DAMN it feels good to be wrong.

i was hooked on Brock immediately though. There was something special about the way he played the game, with no practice, and a rookie. He's done nothing but improve and I cannot wait to see how he looks in camp.

i said during 2022 that we should buckle in because it's going to be a great 10-15 year run for us. Finally struck some qb luck and I've never been more excited as a fan.

Watching that Miami game felt like coming out of a 30 yr coma lol..all zoned out, drooling on myself..then bam! I was like oh sheet..who is this guy?! He owns the field! What decade is it? The 90s?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

So this is where he went for his Honeymoon.

My handle on YouTube is DirtyPurdy and Everytime someone reads it on a YouTube live, from one of my comments, you can see the confusion on their face. Lmao
I was genuinely surprised that they kept Brock, but pleasantly. I really didn't pay much attention to him until the dolphins game, I actually remember saying "we are effed if Jimmy gets hurt again. We have a f**kin 7th round rookie as our backup…" DAMN it feels good to be wrong.

i was hooked on Brock immediately though. There was something special about the way he played the game, with no practice, and a rookie. He's done nothing but improve and I cannot wait to see how he looks in camp.

i said during 2022 that we should buckle in because it's going to be a great 10-15 year run for us. Finally struck some qb luck and I've never been more excited as a fan.

Watching that Miami game felt like coming out of a 30 yr coma lol..all zoned out, drooling on myself..then bam! I was like oh sheet..who is this guy?! He owns the field! What decade is it? The 90s?

I kept saying to myself "what is going on?" "This kids poise is amazing" "okay he did it for a drive, how will he continue to do" and till today, it's never stopped. He's improved, even with the messed up elbow injury.

I remember a friend of mine was at the game, she's a niner fan but not like we are, and I literally told her "remember this game because this isn't normal and you may of just witnessed the start of something special"
I kept saying to myself "what is going on?" "This kids poise is amazing" "okay he did it for a drive, how will he continue to do" and till today, it's never stopped. He's improved, even with the messed up elbow injury.

I remember a friend of mine was at the game, she's a niner fan but not like we are, and I literally told her "remember this game because this isn't normal and you may of just witnessed the start of something special"

Yeah, it brought back feelings of old Niner days. As soon as Joe's feet touched the grass at the beginning of a game, you knew something special was happening..same with Purdy..it's like, they bring football to life. This is what it's about, this is real football at its best.

I wonder what Purdy and Bill Walsh would have been like together 🤯

Yeah, it brought back feelings of old Niner days. As soon as Joe's feet touched the grass at the beginning of a game, you knew something special was happening..same with Purdy..it's like, they bring football to life. This is what it's about, this is real football at its best.

I wonder what Purdy and Bill Walsh would have been like together 🤯

I like Purdy but let's not start putting him in Joe's class yet. Joe did his thing for several years. He had countless comebacks and amazing plays. He took a beating in some games and still managed to pull out a win. That Eagles game where he was beaten to a pulp in the first half and then came back to throw 4 TD passes in the 2nd half is a perfect example. Purdy would have been very good in Walsh's system but Joe was Joe.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like Purdy but let's not start putting him in Joe's class yet. Joe did his thing for several years. He had countless comebacks and amazing plays. He took a beating in some games and still managed to pull out a win. That Eagles game where he was beaten to a pulp in the first half and then came back to throw 4 TD passes in the 2nd half is a perfect example. Purdy would have been very good in Walsh's system but Joe was Joe.

Jerry Rice on Brock Purdy:

"He has the coolness of a Joe Montana... Brock is the ultimate quarterback, he is a great leader, the players gunna play for him..this is the most ultimate story with Brock Purdy, this is it baby, this is why we play the game."
Originally posted by elguapo:
I'm not so sure about that with pass protection always in the bottom 5 to 10 in the league, Not to mention, Brock gets out of at least two or three sacks per game because of his elite escapability, the positive players around him as well as the coach should definitely be considered secondary imo. Doing what he does, processing capability, accuracy, timing and anticipation…. It is not that hard to rank him among his peers. He is easily top seven but like I said before with the horrific pass protection, he plays more like top 3 to 5.

I disagree simply based on Purdy's #'s. There is no way Purdy puts up statistically the best season a 49er QB has ever had if his offensive line fully counters the positives of the run-oriented system/playcalling/offensive skill set around him. If that were the case, even if Purdy had just an average offensive line, he woulda re-written all sorts of passing records? Every second game is deemed a perfect one? I can't see that scenario.

We all agree that they need to improve the line.
Apparently, this is an early mock draft not a hindsight draft redo. Brock was seen very highly right after his sophmore season. Found this on the Niners sub Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/1cakc58/question_about_brock/
[ Edited by ninerFate on Apr 23, 2024 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Jerry Rice on Brock Purdy:

"He has the coolness of a Joe Montana... Brock is the ultimate quarterback, he is a great leader, the players gunna play for him..this is the most ultimate story with Brock Purdy, this is it baby, this is why we play the game."

I also don't think Montana was saying Joe and Brock are identical, just a similar feel to when they're on the field. Really a sense of calm but excitement - essentially an innate confidence and belief that we are in good hands, something we haven't felt in decades. I liked jimmy but never fully trusted him, he made me really uneasy in a lot of situations. I believe something good is likely to happen when Brock is in the game.
It's amazing to see how Brock attacks the QB position, always eager to learn and get better. He's just getting started, he and Kyle will grow together, just a really exciting time to for Niners fans. It's been a long search, but we're back, baby!
Share 49ersWebzone