LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 142 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Apparently, this is an early mock draft not a hindsight draft redo. Brock was seen very highly right after his sophmore season. Found this on the Niners sub Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/1cakc58/question_about_brock/

So glad BP is not a Titan lol

Originally posted by tankle104:
I also don't think Montana was saying Joe and Brock are identical, just a similar feel to when they're on the field. Really a sense of calm but excitement - essentially an innate confidence and belief that we are in good hands, something we haven't felt in decades. I liked jimmy but never fully trusted him, he made me really uneasy in a lot of situations. I believe something good is likely to happen when Brock is in the game.

Yep, that's exactly it, haven't had that feeling since Young.
Originally posted by BP13:
It's amazing to see how Brock attacks the QB position, always eager to learn and get better. He's just getting started, he and Kyle will grow together, just a really exciting time to for Niners fans. It's been a long search, but we're back, baby!

Originally posted by Brucey72:
Reading the comments from the beginning of this thread is hilarious. So many jokes about him threatening Lance and being the franchise QB...

I'm just glad my first post when he entered the Miami game (see below) was a declaration that he'd become the greatest Mr. Irrelevant in NFL history. It was a total "because why not?" post, but it's my best prediction one aside from calling The Catch III in the 2011 Saints playoff game thread.

Originally posted by captveg:
And now begins the greatest Mr. Irrelevant legend of all time, as Purdy leads the 49ers to a SB championship.
Interesting to note that Lance, Fields, Wilson and Jones have all been traded from their original team in the span of 3 years. What a terrible QB drsft. The Niners got a 4th rounder but the other 3 only fetched a 6th rounder.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like Purdy but let's not start putting him in Joe's class yet. Joe did his thing for several years. He had countless comebacks and amazing plays. He took a beating in some games and still managed to pull out a win. That Eagles game where he was beaten to a pulp in the first half and then came back to throw 4 TD passes in the 2nd half is a perfect example. Purdy would have been very good in Walsh's system but Joe was Joe.

Jerry Rice on Brock Purdy:

"He has the coolness of a Joe Montana... Brock is the ultimate quarterback, he is a great leader, the players gunna play for him..this is the most ultimate story with Brock Purdy, this is it baby, this is why we play the game."

I also don't think Montana was saying Joe and Brock are identical, just a similar feel to when they're on the field. Really a sense of calm but excitement - essentially an innate confidence and belief that we are in good hands, something we haven't felt in decades. I liked jimmy but never fully trusted him, he made me really uneasy in a lot of situations. I believe something good is likely to happen when Brock is in the game.

For the record I didn't say he was saying they were identical. I was referring to the part where he said something special was about to happen when he took the field. I don't get that feeling yet. I don't worry like I did with Jimmy but he has to do this for a longer time and lead them to a couple of SB wins before I feel he's really special. For now I'll settle for a good fit for Kyle's offense or any ball control offense.
Originally posted by captveg:
I'm just glad my first post when he entered the Miami game (see below) was a declaration that he'd become the greatest Mr. Irrelevant in NFL history. It was a total "because why not?" post, but it's my best prediction one aside from calling The Catch III in the 2011 Saints playoff game thread.

I love that was your first post about Purdy 😎 prophetic
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Brocky looks swole af now. I bet he squats more than jalen hurts right now
Originally posted by q0c0p:

Bulk Purdy!
Originally posted by q0c0p:

I would pick Brock's legs over Jalen's fs Sturdy Purdy 💪

Dual threat qb 🔥
Interesting to note that Lance, Fields, Wilson and Jones have all been traded from their original team in the span of 3 years. What a terrible QB drsft. The Niners got a 4th rounder but the other 3 only fetched a 6th rounder.

stinker of a QB class, even the generational talent of Lawrence has been underwhelming.

• Koldo
  • Veteran

But we gave up way more draft capital for that high school QB.
Originally posted by Koldo:

one of the most panicked, desperation moves in club history maybe the #1
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Koldo:

one of the most panicked, desperation moves in club history maybe the #1

It wasn't a desperation move. The Niners had the 12th round pick that yer after JG got injured. Thast's higher than they normally pick. The rest of the team was in good shape on offense and defense. sure they could have imroved some positions but most fans felt they needed a QB because JGs health was in doubt. They saw an opportunity to move up and take a guy that was one of the top rated Q^Bs that year. It turns out the whole class was over rated.
Caleb Williams trained with Brock in his draft preparation. Hopefully Nick Wrig…er Wrong is well aware of this since he's such a f**king douche.
It wasn't a desperation move. The Niners had the 12th round pick that yer after JG got injured. Thast's higher than they normally pick. The rest of the team was in good shape on offense and defense. sure they could have imroved some positions but most fans felt they needed a QB because JGs health was in doubt. They saw an opportunity to move up and take a guy that was one of the top rated Q^Bs that year. It turns out the whole class was over rated.

Desperation or not it was one of the dumbest decisions in draft history with an easily predictable result.

It took very little foresight to understand that we were putting ourselves in position to have to choose between prioritizing 'winning now' and developing one of the most raw QB's ever selected that high. Taking a project at the top of round 1 is pretty nuts. Doing it with a team that's ready to compete for the SB is also crazy. Spending two additional first rounders just put it over the top.
Share 49ersWebzone