LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
What improvements are some of you looking to see out of Brock this year?

personally, I don't think there was anything he did "bad" last year but I think he left a lot out there on some plays, but I think that has a lot to do with experience. He's reviewing the film this off season and I think he's going to be a machine out there next year - see the field way better and study the type of defenses that really slowed him down (baltimore & KC).

Not sure if I can handle Brock improved..might be too good/much to handle lol.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
There's only so much you can do to improve your arm strength. He improves some during his rehab before last season but he's not going to become Allan or Mahomes. His arm strength is good enough for Kyle's offense that doesn't call many over the top deep plays. They don't have that type of receiver anyway. From what I hear the players say he takes command in the huddle so again I don't know how much he can improve there.

He will learn to recognize defenses quicker so he can improve there. Other than that I think he's already about as good as he can be.

Meh Josh Allen, Brock will get an SB win before him

I think BP will become even more comfortable, confident and refined..it's going to be epic 😎
There's only so much you can do to improve your arm strength. He improves some during his rehab before last season but he's not going to become Allan or Mahomes. His arm strength is good enough for Kyle's offense that doesn't call many over the top deep plays. They don't have that type of receiver anyway. From what I hear the players say he takes command in the huddle so again I don't know how much he can improve there.

He will learn to recognize defenses quicker so he can improve there. Other than that I think he's already about as good as he can be.

No offense wants deep shots recognized and thrown so late that they're 70 yard bombs. It happens on broken plays, but I don't think there's plays in other coaches playbooks that Brock isn't capable of running
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:55 AM ]
What improvements are some of you looking to see out of Brock this year?

personally, I don't think there was anything he did "bad" last year but I think he left a lot out there on some plays, but I think that has a lot to do with experience. He's reviewing the film this off season and I think he's going to be a machine out there next year - see the field way better and study the type of defenses that really slowed him down (baltimore & KC).

He will never be Pat / Allen arm strength, but he should improve more in that area. Hopefully he's working with a good QB guru this offseason. Mechanics can improve ball velocity, so that would be my start.

From a mental staind point he should improve a bit more there too, he's got another full year of tape he can watch.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2024/3/8/24092154/2023-regular-season-passing-by-direction-and-distance

Brock was one of if not the best passer in the NFL last year.

Brock's footwork completely went to s**t late in the season, so I'm sure he's focused on dialing it in right now. The biggest leap will naturally happen in the mental game. It would be cool to see him eventually take complete control over protection calls.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Brock's footwork completely went to s**t late in the season, so I'm sure he's focused on dialing it in right now. The biggest leap will naturally happen in the mental game. It would be cool to see him eventually take complete control over protection calls.

Yeah, as the lights got brighter, the game played a little fast for him at times. Just getting that experience will slow things down next time around. If i know what kind of QB Brock is, he's probably taken that mental rep coming out of the two minute warning, where he failed to id the corner blitz, probably a million times in his head. It's the game of what-ifs that as fans we play, but surely as a QB who could have iced the game in that moment, I'm sure his resolve is to see those moments before they happen. This part of the mental game, in high pressure, is where I see his biggest improvement happening.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Montana:
Protect Purdy at all costs
I want a solid steel oline

Kyle: did you say overdrafted RB / undersized slot receiver / long snapper? You got it!!

I was so right.
Haha love this

"Got anything in khaki?" Lol

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/6r6B/toyota-purdy-good-advice-featuring-brock-purdy-t1https://www.ispot.tv/ad/6r6B/toyota-purdy-good-advice-featuring-brock-purdy-t1
[ Edited by Montana on Apr 26, 2024 at 8:43 PM ]
We got you some protection and weapons Brock. :) looks like the team is excited about you and believes they can win if they surround you with as much as possible. In past years, we focused so much on defense because they knew that was our best chance to win. Not this year!

LETS GO!
Originally posted by Montana:
Haha love this

"Got anything in khaki?" Lol

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/6r6B/toyota-purdy-good-advice-featuring-brock-purdy-t1https://www.ispot.tv/ad/6r6B/toyota-purdy-good-advice-featuring-brock-purdy-t1

Lol I'm curious how much he's pulling in on endorsements. Dudes been crushing it this off season, good for him.

Lol I'm curious how much he's pulling in on endorsements. Dudes been crushing it this off season, good for him.

BP is pretty good at commercials, also funny that he can laugh/joke about himself in these. Sure beats those dreaded State Farm and Subway ads ugh.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Kyle's laugh too, he seemed pretty happy

Struck gold baby 🌟
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2024/3/8/24092154/2023-regular-season-passing-by-direction-and-distance

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that 60% deep completion rate is highest out of all the Qb's presented on that picture.

No wonder Kyle drafted some WR speedsters that can burn DB's.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Wow am I not seeing this right, but Brock Purdy has the best deep completion percentage over Stafford and CJ Stroud. Nice.
Share 49ersWebzone