LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 225 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:
What improvements are some of you looking to see out of Brock this year?

personally, I don't think there was anything he did "bad" last year but I think he left a lot out there on some plays, but I think that has a lot to do with experience. He's reviewing the film this off season and I think he's going to be a machine out there next year - see the field way better and study the type of defenses that really slowed him down (baltimore & KC).

arm talent, deep ball, and more taking command at the LOS if Lord Shanny allows

It would be nice if Kyle trusted Brock enough to let him audible or call protection at the line. Overall honestly it's hard to knock what Brock did last year but maybe practice more with a wet ball lol. Probably his biggest knock.
Originally posted by genus49:
What improvements are some of you looking to see out of Brock this year?

personally, I don't think there was anything he did "bad" last year but I think he left a lot out there on some plays, but I think that has a lot to do with experience. He's reviewing the film this off season and I think he's going to be a machine out there next year - see the field way better and study the type of defenses that really slowed him down (baltimore & KC).

arm talent, deep ball, and more taking command at the LOS if Lord Shanny allows

It would be nice if Kyle trusted Brock enough to let him audible or call protection at the line. Overall honestly it's hard to knock what Brock did last year but maybe practice more with a wet ball lol. Probably his biggest knock.

Yup it's kind of an issue in weather we nearly lost to GB
we should have blown those guys out of the water,,, no pun intended
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 29, 2024 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
There's only so much you can do to improve your arm strength. He improves some during his rehab before last season but he's not going to become Allan or Mahomes. His arm strength is good enough for Kyle's offense that doesn't call many over the top deep plays. They don't have that type of receiver anyway. From what I hear the players say he takes command in the huddle so again I don't know how much he can improve there.

He will learn to recognize defenses quicker so he can improve there. Other than that I think he's already about as good as he can be.

Considering his limited number of starts, there's a lot of improvement that can happen, even if physically he's mostly tapped out. He's going to learn to anticipate better, learn the tendencies of various defenders and defensive coordinators, hopefully keep on improving his footwork, increasing his mastery of the offense and building chemistry with all his receivers.

He can still improve considerably but that is all on him.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
There's only so much you can do to improve your arm strength. He improves some during his rehab before last season but he's not going to become Allan or Mahomes. His arm strength is good enough for Kyle's offense that doesn't call many over the top deep plays. They don't have that type of receiver anyway. From what I hear the players say he takes command in the huddle so again I don't know how much he can improve there.

He will learn to recognize defenses quicker so he can improve there. Other than that I think he's already about as good as he can be.

Considering his limited number of starts, there's a lot of improvement that can happen, even if physically he's mostly tapped out. He's going to learn to anticipate better, learn the tendencies of various defenders and defensive coordinators, hopefully keep on improving his footwork, increasing his mastery of the offense and building chemistry with all his receivers.

He can still improve considerably but that is all on him.

I think the bolded is where the most improvement can happen. Getting exposed to more defensive gameplans so that, at some point, nothing is a surprise anymore. I like that SEA's new head coach is going to bring that BAL scheme with him. It's a very QB/OL confusing scheme and going up against it twice a year will be very beneficial for both Brock and Kyle.
Yup it's kind of an issue in weather we nearly lost to GB
we should have blown those guys out of the water,,, no pun intended

Having more than 3 possessions in a half would help… especially when the coach gives the last one away with bad clock management.

But Brock in poor weather is def a concern at this point regardless. Obviously struggles handling the ball.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Having more than 3 possessions in a half would help… especially when the coach gives the last one away with bad clock management.

But Brock in poor weather is def a concern at this point regardless. Obviously struggles handling the ball.

Maybe the ol 40 rushes script is in order for foul weather
unleash Guerendo
unleash Guerendo

That s**t isn't going to work against most playoff teams, unless your defense is dominant. We'll see if we can get back to that.

Not going to get tomato can teams on the biggest stages like we did in '19
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
unleash Guerendo

That s**t isn't going to work against most playoff teams, unless your defense is dominant. We'll see if we can get back to that.

Not going to get tomato can teams on the biggest stages like we did in '19

didn't that script work vs LAR on MNF i thought that was the origin of it and that was 2021 iirc, they were the eventual world champs,
Bricks going to be unstoppable with Aiyuk & deebo on the outside, kittle/Latu at TE, Pearsall/cowing in the slot, CMC/Mitchell/rookie rb

thr speed and various ways we can beat a D 😍😍😍
Bricks going to be unstoppable with Aiyuk & deebo on the outside, kittle/Latu at TE, Pearsall/cowing in the slot, CMC/Mitchell/rookie rb

Of course it's you that says this in Brock's thread

Brick's? He is pretty swole lately
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Of course it's you that says this in Brock's thread

😈 Muhahaha
Originally posted by Montana:

I saw some picture of him working out that really showed off his thighs… my goodness those things are tree trunks. I know they've always been swole but he may be giving bosa a run for his money. Lol
I saw some picture of him working out that really showed off his thighs… my goodness those things are tree trunks. I know they've always been swole but he may be giving bosa a run for his money. Lol

Originally posted by Montana:

They don't call him BIG COCK BROCK for nothing!
Share 49ersWebzone