LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 199 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
I like that our team is loaded with talent this year and are favorites to win the super bowl. This year and how well we do will also determine how much we pay Purdy going forward.

favorites my rear, 2x defending champs and they got us 2x, they deserve to be favorites, until someone takes that crown
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
I like that our team is loaded with talent this year and are favorites to win the super bowl. This year and how well we do will also determine how much we pay Purdy going forward.

favorites my rear, 2x defending champs and they got us 2x, they deserve to be favorites, until someone takes that crown

Yeah, especially with the way the lions are looking. They're going to be really tough. Chiefs deserve to be #1. Baltimore is really good, cincy will be legit with burrow back, jets will be really good with Rodgers back. It'll be a tough sled but If we are healthy - I like our chances.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah, especially with the way the lions are looking. They're going to be really tough. Chiefs deserve to be #1. Baltimore is really good, cincy will be legit with burrow back, jets will be really good with Rodgers back. It'll be a tough sled but If we are healthy - I like our chances.

KC #1, no question. Anything else, and you are fooling yourself. I think the focus starts with the Rams this season, get by them, SEA and ARZ should be pushovers, then we host a playoff game and of course can go for more than that
KC #1, no question. Anything else, and you are fooling yourself. I think the focus starts with the Rams this season, get by them, SEA and ARZ should be pushovers, then we host a playoff game and of course can go for more than that

Should or shouldn't, the 49ers are actual betting favorites.

Of course they're usually one of the most heavily bet teams and the Chiefs have a harder path in the AFC. Going to be reflected in the odds.
Ugh whatever..Mahomes, overrated..really good qb..but so blown out of proportion. Got lucky in 3 SBs..played just so so..wasn't magic or anything. But somehow he is Lord Patrick. Purdy deserves no 1 cause he is no 1..Idgaf.
It will be Payday Purdy soon and he deserves every cent:)

I plugged Toyota to a group of friends today 🫡 lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
There's only so much you can do to improve your arm strength. He improves some during his rehab before last season but he's not going to become Allan or Mahomes. His arm strength is good enough for Kyle's offense that doesn't call many over the top deep plays. They don't have that type of receiver anyway. From what I hear the players say he takes command in the huddle so again I don't know how much he can improve there.

He will learn to recognize defenses quicker so he can improve there. Other than that I think he's already about as good as he can be.

Considering his limited number of starts, there's a lot of improvement that can happen, even if physically he's mostly tapped out. He's going to learn to anticipate better, learn the tendencies of various defenders and defensive coordinators, hopefully keep on improving his footwork, increasing his mastery of the offense and building chemistry with all his receivers.

He can still improve considerably but that is all on him.

Agree 💯% - an example where he can improve is the choice routes and route adjustments with his recievers. As they practice together more on those choice/adjustments routs, it makes almost impossible to stop becuase they will have an answer to 99% of the coverages called against them.
Even though the Chiefs beat us twice, I do think we were the better team. Purdy will only get paid if we win the Super Bowl. If we don't, he will get paid in the top ten of QB's.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by BP13:
They don't call him BIG COCK BROCK for nothing!

You know Big D--k Rick is gunna be thrown around too.

Slick D!ck Rick and BCB. Just laying pipe in games, it'll be beautiful to watch.

I mean I get the chick saying it, but...
Originally posted by Montana:
Ugh whatever..Mahomes, overrated..really good qb..but so blown out of proportion. Got lucky in 3 SBs..played just so so..wasn't magic or anything. But somehow he is Lord Patrick. Purdy deserves no 1 cause he is no 1..Idgaf.
It will be Payday Purdy soon and he deserves every cent:)

I plugged Toyota to a group of friends today 🫡 lol

I disagree about seattle - I think their defense will be good and tough. We should beat them but I think the game in seattle will be tough, I'm curious what kind of offense they run with McDonald. I expect their defense to be very tough.

Arizona will be tough too. It's a divisional opponent and their head coach is good at scheming - if they had a better QB, they'd be very difficult. I just never underestimate a divisional foe.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Of course they're usually one of the most heavily bet teams and the Chiefs have a harder path in the AFC. Going to be reflected in the odds.

Are the 49ers actually betting favorites for win it all? Impressive. I like our chances but didn't expect that. If Brock can improve and we implement our last two years of talent, coupled with our defensive additions - I really like our chances.
I disagree about seattle - I think their defense will be good and tough. We should beat them but I think the game in seattle will be tough, I'm curious what kind of offense they run with McDonald. I expect their defense to be very tough.

Arizona will be tough too. It's a divisional opponent and their head coach is good at scheming - if they had a better QB, they'd be very difficult. I just never underestimate a divisional foe.

Jerome Baker and Tyrel Dodson don't put much fear in me. Their d line got better but the back 7 outside of Witherspoon is still a question. Have to see if Woolen really is a headcase like it seems. It's the Hawks offense that will keep them in games IMO.
Are the 49ers actually betting favorites for win it all? Impressive. I like our chances but didn't expect that. If Brock can improve and we implement our last two years of talent, coupled with our defensive additions - I really like our chances.

Yea they are. +550 (5.5 - 1). Chiefs are second at +600.

Next NFC team is Detroit at +1300.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Hey, you just keep believing what the press tells you . He got pretty lucky with the SBs. Just facts. We have the better qb..they have the better coach.
[ Edited by Montana on May 1, 2024 at 3:59 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Part of the reason the Chiefs are not betting favorites is because no team has won 3 consecutive Super Bowls. That alone lowers their odds of winning again in Vegas.
Share 49ersWebzone