LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I anticipate we will see a lot of teams, especially early in the season, try to duplicate what the chiefs/baltimore did with man coverage against us, which I think is a big reason we drafted Pearsall & Cowing. We have the tools, just need to get them fine tuned.

Teams tried what they tried throughout the season. The only teams that it worked for are the browns, ravens & chiefs. So, yeah, if you have an elite defense it's not as easy for Brock.

Good luck to teams trying that without the personnel to do it

The elite teams are the teams you have to beat to win a chip, so it's important to be able to stop it. Unless you want to put it all on the defense for the millionth time and come up short again.
The elite teams are the teams you have to beat to win a chip, so it's important to be able to stop it. Unless you want to put it all on the defense for the millionth time and come up short again.

Well out of those 3 games, he played best vs chiefs.

My point being the vast majority of the defenses we will face can't duplicate what those defenses did but yes need to get over the top
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nice find NY
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Man I love his story and how awesome he has been for us. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he grows this upcoming season.

dude is a class act, awesome football player, and young. We should have a really fun next 10 years.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I guess Brady is over rated then. He didn't play great in some of those SBs but his team still won. I heard Steve Young yesterday talking bout Purdy. His thoughts were nearly identical to mine. He likes the way he plays but he doesn't see a great deal of room for improvement. Subtle differences but nothing major. Getting familiar with receivers and visa versa is one area but receivers are changing nearly every year. It's not like it was in Steve's era. Deebo could be gone after this season. There are always new ones coming in.

Steve said that to win a SB the QB often has to rise up a do something great. It's often not enough to just be efficient. Brock needs to find that something. He was instrumental in wining the Lions playoff game when he started running. They weren't expecting that at all. He wasn't able to do that against the Chiefs. He has to find something else. Another gear for those 4th quarters.

BP is definitely capable of doing "something great" and winning an SB. Kyle, on the other hand...

Chiefs won because of the screw up by Kyle, the Roger Craig impression from CMC and the Chiefs D was just better than ours in the end (who is surprised Wilks got the pink slip?). Not so much that Meh-omes is the almighty one lol. Reid is a better coach than ours too. Smarter I think, doesn't get all weird in high pressure 4th quarter/end of game moments lol. Wouldn't that be nice.
[ Edited by Montana on May 3, 2024 at 6:32 AM ]

That first one
And
Interesting, this is the take I've had on his contract too. When I say "he takes a team friendly deal" I've always meant that he still gets a fat pay day but not as much as he could force. That $10M in cap space will make a huge difference in the type of team we can build around him.

""Well, he'll have, basically, one year left after this year, and then, of course, they could franchise him," Tannenbaum explains. "So I don't expect him to be at the very top of the market, the 52, 53, 54 million dollar range. Maybe somewhere in the mid-40s, and say to Brock Purdy, 'We could give you a massive guarantee, a really good average per year, maybe make you top eight or nine, but we're not completely at the top of the market because, again, we could at least wait two more years."

""So I would think they'll find some middle ground. ... If you could keep Brandon Aiyuk as a number one, that'd be great. And that's one of the things I would be talking to Brock Purdy about, that, 'Look, [Bills QB] Josh Allen, he did his extension. All those defensive players graduated (left to other teams). If we could keep you a little bit lower than that, hopefully, we could keep as much of this core together as possible"
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 3, 2024 at 1:55 PM ]

THAT'S MY QB!' 😭😍

"I'm trying to win this year and do everything I can for this organization this year," Purdy recently stressed. "Everything else happens how it happens. But for me, I need to get better from last year, on the film, and the things that I saw from last year. My rookie year, it's like I've got this thing in me where I want to continue to master my craft, and that's that.

"It's a business, obviously, too. But for me, I love this game. I love just competing with these guys in this organization. I love this organization, and I want to continue to represent myself for them, and in the right way. So that's where I'm at with that. Getting too caught up in all that kind of stuff is, for me, that's nonsense. So, just taking it one day at a time and getting better."

Caleb ain't doing none of that
Originally posted by 49ers808:

That first one
And

Yeah that first one lolol

Let's go Ricky! I like the swag vibe I am getting from him.

"You either have it or you don't." Alex Smith ❤️
THAT'S MY QB!' 😭😍

"I'm trying to win this year and do everything I can for this organization this year," Purdy recently stressed. "Everything else happens how it happens. But for me, I need to get better from last year, on the film, and the things that I saw from last year. My rookie year, it's like I've got this thing in me where I want to continue to master my craft, and that's that.

"It's a business, obviously, too. But for me, I love this game. I love just competing with these guys in this organization. I love this organization, and I want to continue to represent myself for them, and in the right way. So that's where I'm at with that. Getting too caught up in all that kind of stuff is, for me, that's nonsense. So, just taking it one day at a time and getting better."

You know, if it's not Purdy, I would say it's just a PR BS talk. But knowing Purdy because I've been following him ever since his first start, I believe every single word he said and the sincerity and all that.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
THAT'S MY QB!' 😭😍

You know, if it's not Purdy, I would say it's just a PR BS talk. But knowing Purdy because I've been following him ever since his first start, I believe every single word he said and the sincerity and all that.

Yeah, that's the best part - it's authentic. You're talking about a top player at the most important position, setting that kind of example… it'll be franchise defining for a decade+ (if he continues to play great)
Share 49ersWebzone