LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 164 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ian Williams feels how Montana and I feel. Hahaha
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I guess Brady is over rated then. He didn't play great in some of those SBs but his team still won. I heard Steve Young yesterday talking bout Purdy. His thoughts were nearly identical to mine. He likes the way he plays but he doesn't see a great deal of room for improvement. Subtle differences but nothing major. Getting familiar with receivers and visa versa is one area but receivers are changing nearly every year. It's not like it was in Steve's era. Deebo could be gone after this season. There are always new ones coming in.

Steve said that to win a SB the QB often has to rise up a do something great. It's often not enough to just be efficient. Brock needs to find that something. He was instrumental in wining the Lions playoff game when he started running. They weren't expecting that at all. He wasn't able to do that against the Chiefs. He has to find something else. Another gear for those 4th quarters.

BP is definitely capable of doing "something great" and winning an SB. Kyle, on the other hand...

Chiefs won because of the screw up by Kyle, the Roger Craig impression from CMC and the Chiefs D was just better than ours in the end (who is surprised Wilks got the pink slip?). Not so much that Meh-omes is the almighty one lol. Reid is a better coach than ours too. Smarter I think, doesn't get all weird in high pressure 4th quarter/end of game moments lol. Wouldn't that be nice.

Honestly is it Andy Reid or is it Spags? Cuz I'm confident they don't win either SB without Spagnulo at DC or Chris Jones either.
Originally posted by tankle104:

That is always how I look at BP lol he gets it

Still trying to figure out what sunglass brand he wears

Purdy should just do a commercial for the company and I will find out lol

But wait..did he already do one? Lol

[ Edited by Montana on May 4, 2024 at 9:23 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
I guess Brady is over rated then. He didn't play great in some of those SBs but his team still won. I heard Steve Young yesterday talking bout Purdy. His thoughts were nearly identical to mine. He likes the way he plays but he doesn't see a great deal of room for improvement. Subtle differences but nothing major. Getting familiar with receivers and visa versa is one area but receivers are changing nearly every year. It's not like it was in Steve's era. Deebo could be gone after this season. There are always new ones coming in.

Steve said that to win a SB the QB often has to rise up a do something great. It's often not enough to just be efficient. Brock needs to find that something. He was instrumental in wining the Lions playoff game when he started running. They weren't expecting that at all. He wasn't able to do that against the Chiefs. He has to find something else. Another gear for those 4th quarters.

BP is definitely capable of doing "something great" and winning an SB. Kyle, on the other hand...

Chiefs won because of the screw up by Kyle, the Roger Craig impression from CMC and the Chiefs D was just better than ours in the end (who is surprised Wilks got the pink slip?). Not so much that Meh-omes is the almighty one lol. Reid is a better coach than ours too. Smarter I think, doesn't get all weird in high pressure 4th quarter/end of game moments lol. Wouldn't that be nice.

Honestly is it Andy Reid or is it Spags? Cuz I'm confident they don't win either SB without Spagnulo at DC or Chris Jones either.

We lost the last two SB's to individual heroics and Spags more than we did to Reid. Sometimes you just need luck and we haven't been fortunate enough to find that.

That is always how I look at BP lol he gets it

Still trying to figure out what sunglass brand he wears

Purdy should just do a commercial for the company and I will find out lol

But wait..did he already do one? Lol

If your serious those are called Costas. I have multiple pairs.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

I was serious, this is the time of year where it's good to get a pair:). Thanks for this! I am already on the website lol
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

I was serious, this is the time of year where it's good to get a pair:). Thanks for this! I am already on the website lol

Lmao I wanted to know too. They're awesome sun glasses. I needed a new pair. Appreciate it Stairway 2 heaven
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 5, 2024 at 6:09 AM ]
Lmao I wanted to know too. They're awesome sun glasses. I needed a new pair. Appreciate it Stairway 2 heaven

Lol I was trying to figure out what that logo was on the frame..I was like, "Is it a cat head? Snake head?" Lol nope, it was a wave.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by genus49:

We lost the last two SB's to individual heroics and Spags more than we did to Reid. Sometimes you just need luck and we haven't been fortunate enough to find that.

Absolutely. That muffed punt wasn't a ball that slipped through the returners hands. It bounced off the foot of one of the guys that was back there blocking for him. It just happened to roll into an area where the Chiefs were able to pounce on it. The Niners were stunned and the Chiefs took advantage by scoring on the next play. In my mind that was the game changer. The Chiefs were dead in the water up until then After that the tide turned in their favor. I know CMC fumbled early on a drive that could have resulted in a TD but the Chiefs had a fumble of their own in the red zone so thise cancelled each other out.
So BP gets to the champ game, loses (obviously, only due to the arm)
Makes it to the next champ game, wins
First SB, loses

The pattern is..next SB, win 🏆

• Giedi
  • Veteran
First SB, loses

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 🏆
Originally posted by Giedi:
First SB, loses

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 🏆

You guys are awesome! The only way I can get through this Currently No NFL Syndrome is to visit the forum from time to time. Can't wait but it's still a long wait!
Originally posted by 49erF90:
You guys are awesome! The only way I can get through this Currently No NFL Syndrome is to visit the forum from time to time. Can't wait but it's still a long wait!

I had hockey to help but my team just got bumped from the playoffs:(. I think what would cheer me up is BP highlights

There seems to be some chatter of Brock Vs Love right now. I think love finished the year strong, but really sh!t the bed in that NFCC. His only good plays really came when our defenders kept slipping or didn't even try to tackle (pathetic on our part).

love had a better year than I expected, he crushed it down the second half of the season, but I'm curious to see how he does now that he'll be EXPECTED to play well.

I'll take Purdy over Love right now, and I don't mean it to knock love, I just think Brock has been better consistently. Love has a ton of talent though. I'm really anxious to see how these guys all do this upcoming year. Love has been in the league longer but they have really similar career starts (I think Brock has 4 more starts).
Share 49ersWebzone