LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 277 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Man I remember that first rams game and those throws he just missed badly. He was still shaking off the rust but it made that game way closer than it had to of been. lol at least he improved as the season went on.

Those deep throws in the Superbowl were absolutely atrocious.
[ Edited by Eli_23 on May 6, 2024 at 12:40 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

For a supposedly sub-par arm, Brock throws a beautiful deep ball. He could definitely play in a deep ball offense as well as the current mid-range offense he now has.
Originally posted by tankle104:
There seems to be some chatter of Brock Vs Love right now. I think love finished the year strong, but really sh!t the bed in that NFCC. His only good plays really came when our defenders kept slipping or didn't even try to tackle (pathetic on our part).

love had a better year than I expected, he crushed it down the second half of the season, but I'm curious to see how he does now that he'll be EXPECTED to play well.

I'll take Purdy over Love right now, and I don't mean it to knock love, I just think Brock has been better consistently. Love has a ton of talent though. I'm really anxious to see how these guys all do this upcoming year. Love has been in the league longer but they have really similar career starts (I think Brock has 4 more starts).

This guy?

Not worried about him lol
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
We lost the last two SB's to individual heroics and Spags more than we did to Reid. Sometimes you just need luck and we haven't been fortunate enough to find that.

Yeah, when they recover six of the seven fumbles, that is pure luck! Not to mention one of the fumbles led to basically 7 free points and a would be SB loss
Originally posted by Giedi:
For a supposedly sub-par arm, Brock throws a beautiful deep ball. He could definitely play in a deep ball offense as well as the current mid-range offense he now has.

Similar to…..Drew Brees
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Looked so much better in the 2nd half of the season. He nails those deep crossers.
Originally posted by Montana:
There seems to be some chatter of Brock Vs Love right now. I think love finished the year strong, but really sh!t the bed in that NFCC. His only good plays really came when our defenders kept slipping or didn't even try to tackle (pathetic on our part).

love had a better year than I expected, he crushed it down the second half of the season, but I'm curious to see how he does now that he'll be EXPECTED to play well.

I'll take Purdy over Love right now, and I don't mean it to knock love, I just think Brock has been better consistently. Love has a ton of talent though. I'm really anxious to see how these guys all do this upcoming year. Love has been in the league longer but they have really similar career starts (I think Brock has 4 more starts).

This guy?

The Packers can't properly support their QB's for them to be a threat. They are dangerous, but not a threat. They'll waste Love's career just like they did Rodgers and Favres.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 6, 2024 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
The Packers can't properly support their QB's for them to be a threat. They are dangerous, but not a threat. They'll waste Love's career just like they did Rodgers and Favres.

Favre was definitely a threat
Originally posted by okdkid:
Looked so much better in the 2nd half of the season. He nails those deep crossers.

Turns out he had rust to Shake off still. Lol I wonder if we will ever find out how healed his arm really was. I don't think it was bad but the first few weeks he showed signs of still figuring it out.

could of been some miscommunications too. Who knows. Kid had an awesome season. Can't wait for more

Originally posted by Montana:

This guy?

lol love it. I'm not too concerned about the packers. They'll be good, but I seriously question if they'll be able to handle the pressure and expectations now of being a good team - really a "contender".

we KNOW Brock is the real deal. Question is if he can sustain being a top qb in this league and make small improvements annually.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Similar to…..Drew Brees

If Drew had Some decent defenses, he'd have more superbowl wins.
lol love it. I'm not too concerned about the packers. They'll be good, but I seriously question if they'll be able to handle the pressure and expectations now of being a good team - really a "contender".

we KNOW Brock is the real deal. Question is if he can sustain being a top qb in this league and make small improvements annually.

I mean idk, I am kinda worried about Sam Darnold now

BP is all about improving and competing..won't give up until he holds the trophy high..(maybe a few times)

If Drew had Some decent defenses, he'd have more superbowl wins.

Don't forget about our favorite ref who ruined the Saints chance of going to the SB with that horrible no call PI BS
The Packers are overrated as always.

In the NFC the Lions and Eagles have very good rosters but their QB's don't scare me though.
Share 49ersWebzone