Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Montana:
Agree, don't feed the trolls
Also Choke Joke Dak sucks lol

He may not be an elite QB, but he doesn't suck lol

Agreed he doesn't suck, Dak is actually one of my favorite 49ers. He always contributes when the 9ers win!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed he doesn't suck, Dak is actually one of my favorite 49ers. He always contributes when the 9ers win!!!

Originally posted by tankle104:

Least expensive but most valuable He will get his phat paycheck soon.

Lol @ Cousins
  • da209
  • Veteran

backup making more than purdy. Soon purdy will get paid. Such a great story.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

To quote Walsh.

"He's just good enough to get you beat."
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He's a really intriguing prospect because of his size/speed/arm strength combo but he's very green. Needs a lot of work to play NFL football on a high level. He's a bigger version of Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields but not as good as either one at this point. I agree that Dak is pretty good but he hasn't been able to make the guys around him better. That's a trait that really good QBs have.

He's not as twitchy as those guys. He's more Cam Newton imo. That's kinda his ceiling.

How hasn't Dak made his guys better? Lamb is a monster. Gallup got paid even with a torn ACL. I get it he kinda chokes at the biggest moments. I think he's a good QB and could be better with a better coach.

Agreed. A lot of folks said the same s**t about Stafford. You can be a damn good QB and have a bad situation around you. I think Dak is in the middle somewhere there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's a really intriguing prospect because of his size/speed/arm strength combo but he's very green. Needs a lot of work to play NFL football on a high level. He's a bigger version of Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields but not as good as either one at this point. I agree that Dak is pretty good but he hasn't been able to make the guys around him better. That's a trait that really good QBs have.

He's not as twitchy as those guys. He's more Cam Newton imo. That's kinda his ceiling.

How hasn't Dak made his guys better? Lamb is a monster. Gallup got paid even with a torn ACL. I get it he kinda chokes at the biggest moments. I think he's a good QB and could be better with a better coach.

Dallas has had some good talent but they haven't been able to even make the playoffs in most years. I agree that part of it is probably coaching. He didn't make Lamb better. He was already good. If anything Lamb made Dak look better.
I've listened to interviews with Pearsall, cowing, Mustpha, puni etc and something that stands out to me is how mature & intelligent these guys come off. Might have something to do with their age (2-3 years older than most rooks) but they all strike me as guys who love the game and are ready for the big leagues.

you can usually see a big trend among our draft classes and this year it's evident to me - mature, intelligent, refined, love the game. I'm expecting these guys to make contributions much sooner than later

I've listened to interviews with Pearsall, cowing, Mustpha, puni etc and something that stands out to me is how mature & intelligent these guys come off. Might have something to do with their age (2-3 years older than most rooks) but they all strike me as guys who love the game and are ready for the big leagues.

you can usually see a big trend among our draft classes and this year it's evident to me - mature, intelligent, refined, love the game. I'm expecting these guys to make contributions much sooner than later

This year was the first year that a lot of players got to extend their career via the transfer portal and the NIL which kept some from coming out early. That extra year or two may really help them but it also added some miles to their bodies. It's a plus and a minus.
The people that did the draft at the Athletic are probably factoring in what Brock is scheduled to make with the new contract. As good as Brock is we have to be honest when we evaluate him. Would he be nearly as good with most other teams? Probably not. He's a perfect fit for Kyle's offense but he's not the type of QB that's going to go out and carry the team on his back without a lot of support. Mahomes was able to win last year without a good receiving core other than Kelce. Their running game was average at best. The 49ers offensive weapons were far better than KC's. I'm not saying Brock is only succeeding because of the weapons he has. They certainly help but he has the mental makeup to use them the way Kyle likes. If he was with a team that lacked the talent and had to improvise more I don't think he would be as successful. Some guys get by with athleticism and some do it with smart play. Brock is in the 2nd category.

Nah Brock would be great on other teams to. I don't think he should be making 50 million or anything close to Pat though. I don't think anyone should be making anything close to him. He single handedly wins football game. Haven't seen a football player do that in a while.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Let 'em keep discounting Brock. Itll just make his rise to prominence so much more fun.

Yup it's nothing new. At least this offseason we don't have to hear dudes like Orlovsky talk about Darnold being the most talented QB on our roster lol

lol Dak over Burrow. And lol any unproven rookie over Brock Cousins Tua

Dak, Lawrence, Richardson, Murray, Drake Maye. Wow.

I don't think the list is correct either. Dak is over paid and hasn't produced a title. He hasn't even won any playoff games. Richardson has barely played so they're going strictly on physical skills. Drake Maye hasn't thrown an NFL pass. Same for Caleb. Including them at this point is silly but it's only their opinin. It changes nothing. There aren't awards being handed out or any bonus money.

They are just going on physical skills and combine stuff. Not processing, decision making, anticipation, timing and accuracy. Where Purdy is great. They don't really measure the categories where Purdy excels. That's the problem.

That's always going to be a problem otherwise every QB picked in the draft will be a guaranteed all-pro. So others folks saying Brock isn't good is just going to have to deal with Brock winning a ton of games in his career.

What is amazing to me is his downfield accuracy. It is just amazing. It's not so much his arm that gets results in the long-ball but his anticipation and accuracy. Kyle is almost treating Brock as having a Kaepernick arm with all the deep ball threats he's drafted this offseason.

Here to stay
Dirty Dawg PURDY
Share 49ersWebzone