Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 399 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Does he really have that scrambling ability? I'm not sure because we saw it in the Detroit game but I don't think they were ready for it. Why would they be when he hadn't shown it much all year. Brock isn't going to make his living scrambling. If he has to do it a lot then the Niners aren't going to win. That's not their plan.

Using your legs doesn't always mean scrambling. It's being able to extend plays when pass-pro breaks down or it's just a bad play call. Moving around behind the LOS and still being able to throw the ball downfield. That's Mahomes makes his $$. DBs can't cover all day.

Jimmy G was the opposite of that. If that first read was gone, pass-pro didn't hold up or the D just played well on a down. He was f**ked. Brock has shown he can do more than just run Kyle's play. He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson to be a threat to "use his legs"
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trey Lance's replacement. lol

Only a matter of time before we see fans cheering for Purdy.

I still couldn't believe that this was a prophecy
Lions just gave Goff $53mil per year only behind Burrow, idiots!! What that mean for Purdy's incoming contract, if anything? I feel it means nothing, I have a feeling Purdy will be like Brady where he takes less so they can still keep others to keep competitive year after year.
[ Edited by Oscar8325 on May 13, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Lions just gave Goff $53mil per year only behind Burrow, idiots!! What that mean for Purdy's incoming contract, if anything? I feel it means nothing, I have a feeling Purdy will be like Brady where he takes less so they can still keep others to keep competitive year after year.

I keep reading that
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Does he really have that scrambling ability? I'm not sure because we saw it in the Detroit game but I don't think they were ready for it. Why would they be when he hadn't shown it much all year. Brock isn't going to make his living scrambling. If he has to do it a lot then the Niners aren't going to win. That's not their plan.

Using your legs doesn't always mean scrambling. It's being able to extend plays when pass-pro breaks down or it's just a bad play call. Moving around behind the LOS and still being able to throw the ball downfield. That's Mahomes makes his $$. DBs can't cover all day.

Jimmy G was the opposite of that. If that first read was gone, pass-pro didn't hold up or the D just played well on a down. He was f**ked. Brock has shown he can do more than just run Kyle's play. He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson to be a threat to "use his legs"

Yeah, scrambling ability isn't just rushing for yards. It's also creating time for guys to get open (like you said - DBs can't cover for too long). It's avoiding pass rushers. Etc. it's just being able to add an element to a play that provides more opportunity for it to be a positive play.

Brock has really good quickness and agility, he just tops out fast. Hahaha he's awesome in
those first 10 yards but after that, he's catchable.

hes tough though. He had some badass runs that really helped in the packers game.

Purdy is going to get paid and its going to be a hell of a lot of money. Goff's deal doesn't change that.

Brady didn't really take "less money" so much as they pulled a bunch of b******t to direct funds into some of his other business ventures like TB12 which coincidentally started shutting down its New England offices once he was no longer a Patriot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I keep reading that

It's my hope, but who knows.

i think Brock will take a deal in the $35-$40M a year range with a lot of it guaranteed. No evidence that he will but that's just a feeling I get.

At the end of the day, him taking a little less than he can max out, really provides him the opportunity to win a lot more on the field - which in turn makes him more valuable off the field. He will be Uber wealthy regardless.

hes already crushing it in the advertisement game this off season.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I keep reading that

i think Brock will take a deal in the $35-$40M a year range with a lot of it guaranteed. No evidence that he will but that's just a feeling I get.

At the end of the day, him taking a little less than he can max out, really provides him the opportunity to win a lot more on the field - which in turn makes him more valuable off the field. He will be Uber wealthy regardless.

pay the man

he makes less right now than B Allen
if you comp his rook deal to Trey, Brock is $30 million short

$30m short, nothing he did wrong, he's lost that cuz what clubs did wrong. clubs evaluated Trey at $34m / 4 and Brock at $4m / 4. Clubs got it wrong. He is paying the financial price now. It's why he's on every commercial known to man. there has never been a more significant case of pay the man

amen to the bold
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on May 13, 2024 at 2:47 PM ]
if Brock needs representation I am here, show him the money

I keep reading that

pay the man

$30m short, nothing he did wrong, he's lost that cuz what clubs did wrong. clubs evaluated Trey at $34m / 4 and Brock at $4m / 4. Clubs got it wrong. He is paying the financial price now. It's why he's on every commercial known to man. there has never been a more significant case of pay the man

amen to the bold

5 year/$200 mil fully guaranteed. How's that?

I keep reading that

pay the man

amen to the bold

5 year/$200 mil fully guaranteed. How's that?

as Brock's agent i would go tom cruise on your backside
this is nice being fully gtd, but why is Jared 212/4 and BP 200/5. We gonna say Goff > Brock?
this is nice being fully gtd, but why is Jared 212/4 and BP 200/5. We gonna say Goff > Brock?

Because Brock understands that getting a little less gives the front office a little more to sign players around him. Goff is not worth 212/4
Because Brock understands that getting a little less gives the front office a little more to sign players around him. Goff is not worth 212/4

lol for that franchise, Goff is worth more than Fort Knox. First playoff game win in over 30 years… entire generations of people who've finally seen a playoff win for them. Lol

he will make them the money back. I just don't think it'll be in a superbowl

the Lions say he is

Brock understands he is getting less money than QB2 and QB3, to be QB1. He understands we owe him, he doesn't owe us. imho
Share 49ersWebzone