There are 372 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
if Brock needs representation I am here, show him the money

🍺

Guessing approx 48-52 ml

Dirty Purdy Dollas 💸
Brock shouldn't give the niners any discount. He's been making chump change 3 years. He should get every penny he can. It's not his job to figure out how to keep a great team together
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Brock shouldn't give the niners any discount. He's been making chump change 3 years. He should get every penny he can. It's not his job to figure out how to keep a great team together

Agree! No idea how much it will be, just took a wild guess. He will finally be able buy a house and not rent anymore:). Shower this guy with the Bengis
Originally posted by tankle104:
It's my hope, but who knows.

i think Brock will take a deal in the $35-$40M a year range with a lot of it guaranteed. No evidence that he will but that's just a feeling I get.

At the end of the day, him taking a little less than he can max out, really provides him the opportunity to win a lot more on the field - which in turn makes him more valuable off the field. He will be Uber wealthy regardless.

hes already crushing it in the advertisement game this off season.

This is never going to happen and every fanbase has these hopes that their guy will play for well below market value.

I think at most he will take a team friendly deal to ensure we won't get handicapped from adding players but he's not going to take $10+ million less than guys he's better than.

The Lions didn't play the "well you're only playing this well cuz of our scheme, running game, OL and receivers"

They paid the guy they felt helped them win games.

49ers are in a great spot where they will hopefully get to see a full 2.5 seasons of starts from Brock and 9-10 playoff games and SB win before they can even try to extend him.

We were in a tough spot with Kap, I believe it was 1.5 years from him before he got paid. Jimmy was even crazier cuz we only got to see 5 starts from him.

If Brock makes that big contract it's because he's 100% good enough to make that much. That's a really good thing for the 49ers.
Originally posted by genus49:
This is never going to happen and every fanbase has these hopes that their guy will play for well below market value.

I think at most he will take a team friendly deal to ensure we won't get handicapped from adding players but he's not going to take $10+ million less than guys he's better than.

The Lions didn't play the "well you're only playing this well cuz of our scheme, running game, OL and receivers"

They paid the guy they felt helped them win games.

49ers are in a great spot where they will hopefully get to see a full 2.5 seasons of starts from Brock and 9-10 playoff games and SB win before they can even try to extend him.

We were in a tough spot with Kap, I believe it was 1.5 years from him before he got paid. Jimmy was even crazier cuz we only got to see 5 starts from him.

If Brock makes that big contract it's because he's 100% good enough to make that much. That's a really good thing for the 49ers.

Good points in this post. And agree. I don't think he should take a deal..and I wouldn't expect him to. 40 ml..naaa that is not enough. We have gotten a damn bargain from him. Time to pay the man what he deserves. 50-55 ml sounds about right? We shall see.
better to "overpay" him than to roll the dice on a replacement we dunno is gonna be any good
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
better to "overpay" him than to roll the dice on a replacement we dunno is gonna be any good

It's literally been decades since we've found a guy this good too, lol
That's about right for Goff tbh. The cap just spiked and he took the Lions to an NFC Championship. Heck, they would've beaten us if Campbell knew when to kick field goals and for that I am still grateful he didn't!
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by genus49:

They paid the guy they felt helped them win games. No

Good points in this post. And agree. I don't think he should take a deal..and I wouldn't expect him to. 40 ml..naaa that is not enough. We have gotten a damn bargain from him. Time to pay the man what he deserves. 50-55 ml sounds about right? We shall see.

lol did we do that with Jimmy?

it's not about Brock not deserving every dollar he can get, it's about building a sustainable team. Once we pay him, it will instantly make other parts of the roster weaker (unless we keep finding all pros in the draft - which is historically unlikely). Which puts more stress on him to carry the team.

look at all these teams paying QBs big money. Only one that's had success winning multiple chips once they pay big qb money are the chiefs and that's with one of the best qbs of all time, already. Brady was the perfect example - be a top notch player but not try to break the market so he can always have a little extra money to build around him. Thats Brock's and the 49ers best chance at winning a Super Bowl for the long haul.

Idk why people act like him still making hundreds of millions of dollars is like him getting screwed over somehow? Lol that isn't including for the field stuff.

im hoping he makes hundreds of millions during his career instead of "hundreds of millions plus a few more million".

I guarantee he will take a more team friendly deal than people believe. I think Hes going to get paid a ton but won't be resetting the market and it'll be in a super friendly structure like Jalen hurts did.
Originally posted by 91til:

If the choice is to pay top of the market for him or roll the dice on another player, I'd easily take paying him top of the market. No doubt.

im just hoping a special situation becomes an even more special situation by him working with the team on a friendly deal structure and just $5-8M or so less a year than he can push for.

I won't be upset if he takes as much as he can, it's his life and he's entitled to get whatever worth he can. I'm just optimistic that we see a special 10 year run and hope it's not made much harder cause of paying a qb a ton…. Like every other team has to deal with unless you have one of the greatest qbs of all time to overcome it.

I feel pretty damn confident in knowing whats gonna happen. Brock gonna get paid. We're gonna lose key weapons and he's gonna look pedestrian. Thats not a dig against him, i just think we'll see more of the purdy we saw when deebo and Trent were out. The teams gonna be locked into purdy and we're just gonna limp through his contract, maybe contending for a playoff spot, not any more than that.

Eh.....is what it is........
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on May 13, 2024 at 8:55 PM ]

Garcia was good for the stretch he was with us and he wasn't getting pulled over at the Jack in the Box on 4th and San Carlos Street in Downtown San Jose getting a DUI telling the cops they should get Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, but Brock IMO has shown he is better so we have to go back to Young to find the last time we had a QB as good/better than Brock.

I too have reservations about if Brock can reach the next level but I'm not willing to roll the dice and low ball him. If he gets paid he gets paid; we've got execs that get paid to navigate these situations and keep us going.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
I feel pretty damn confident in knowing whats gonna happen. Brock gonna get paid. We're gonna lose key weapons and he's gonna look pedestrian. Thats not a dig against him, i just think we'll see more of the purdy we saw when deebo and Trent were out. The teams gonna be locked into purdy and we're just gonna limp through his contract, maybe contending for a playoff spot, not any more than that.

Huh..that sounds really positive lol.

BP gunna rock it, get paid and gets us the 6,7, and 8:)

Garcia was good for the stretch he was with us and he wasn't getting pulled over at the Jack in the Box on 4th and San Carlos Street in Downtown San Jose getting a DUI telling the cops they should get Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, but Brock IMO has shown he is better so we have to go back to Young to find the last time we had a QB as good/better than Brock.

I too have reservations about if Brock can reach the next level but I'm not willing to roll the dice and low ball him. If he gets paid he gets paid; we've got execs that get paid to navigate these situations and keep us going.

Ugh I didn't know that about Garcia. At least we got a stand up guy now..who is also a better qb than him. He was good..Brock is just better. BP doesn't seem to let stuff go to his head..like idk..say, Kaepernick. Dude was into himself big time haha
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Yeah, of all the QBs paid the past 5 years, only mahomes was worth it. Oh well!

4th and San Carlos… most dangerous street in San Jose? I got so many notifications of shootings from that street when I lived near there.
Share 49ersWebzone