There are 287 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
There is always a desperate team that will overpay for a quality gb, look what the falcons just did with an old ass busted mediocre cousins.

I think it's great that we get to see Brock for another whole year before making that decision, we will learn a lot this year - specifically consistency and what kind of improvements he makes.

im very optimistic about him but who knows. I tend to believe that an actual off season for him will help a lot.

I was speaking more from a negotiating perspective. The 49ers aren't just going to give him a top deal because it's a thing to do (though Jed should keep his mouth closed).

I personally think it's likely that Cousins, and even Goff, are viewed as better QBs in a current free agent market. I don't agree, especially about Goff. Whether that's true or not, another year is going to work to answer that question.

I can see that with Goff and cousins because they're more "known" prospects. You know what you're getting with them, Brock is still young and relatively inexperienced. Couple that with "shanahans system" and it's easy to throw doubt on his ability. I don't believe that either, but I don't think it's far fetched either.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
you said it. purdy seems legit and with him goes a lot of our hope to get this SB won

Brock's biggest hurdle will be Kyle Michael Shanahan.

Yup
Did you miss me, son?

All jokes aside, the main reason the 49ers and Kyle made it to the last two NFCCG's and the last SB was Brock Purdy; Shanny's play calling, particularly in the playoffs, was awful.

It's true. Sucks, but true. He is a choke artist at this point. All time offense with the Falcons and found a way to blow it. We got a team he owns (the rams) in a NFCCG….and of course he couldn't own them that time. Has the best roster and best chance last year, and barely makes it to the SB on Brock's scrambles and Dan Campbell 4th down blunders. Then he blows the SB with awful play calling and OT decisions

He needs to be better. I'm still waiting to see all this genius of his in the playoffs
Originally posted by tankle104:

Lol such a funny movie

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
It's true. Sucks, but true. He is a choke artist at this point. All time offense with the Falcons and found a way to blow it. We got a team he owns (the rams) in a NFCCG….and of course he couldn't own them that time. Has the best roster and best chance last year, and barely makes it to the SB on Brock's scrambles and Dan Campbell 4th down blunders. Then he blows the SB with awful play calling and OT decisions

He needs to be better. I'm still waiting to see all this genius of his in the playoffs

It could be worse, we could have Dan Campbell lol..omg I couldn't believe those 4th down calls lol. It felt like the roulette table in Vegas with the one dumbass betting all his rent money on 22 black or whatever..I guess that is his jam..but s**t do it in Vegas, not the champ game lol. Have a gambling problem? Please call...555-BUST lol
[ Edited by Montana on May 15, 2024 at 6:32 PM ]
It's wild but it holds some truth.

It holds zero truth at this point in time.

Holds truth if you're a moron
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Just like all those morons that thought Trey had no chance here
Pretty sure there is a thread to b***h about Kyle or defend the dude lol

He did, he was just very raw and being injured so much he couldn't get his much needed reps. Not sure what that point has to do Koldo and your opinion on Kyle tho.

He did, he was just very raw and being injured so much he couldn't get his much needed reps. Not sure what that point has to do Koldo and your opinion on Kyle tho.

He didn't after Brock stepped in, and those of us who knew it were considered morons. My point is people you consider morons are usually right

He didn't after Brock stepped in, and those of us who knew it were considered morons. My point is people you consider morons are usually right

I thought Trey was all but done here then, and I think Kyle has been instrumental in Brock's success.

The common link is evidence (and lack thereof).
Brock vs Rodgers week 1?

I thought Trey was all but done here then, and I think Kyle has been instrumental in Brock's success.

The common link is evidence (and lack thereof).

You didn't have that blinding love for Trey, but you do for Kyle. There is plenty of evidence of him being a choker
You didn't have that blinding love for Trey, but you do for Kyle. There is plenty of evidence of him being a choker

I don't have a binding love of Kyle, lol. I know he runs one of the easiest systems for a QB to operate in and we have elite talent. We're a run heavy team with the best playaction game in the NFL. Teams prioritize stopping the run first and that's a key reason why Kyle's passing offenses are among the most efficient in the league on a year to year basis.

Off the top of my head there isn't a single QB that has played any real time under Kyle as a starter that played better without him. He contended for multiple years with Jimmy G… put Matt Ryan in a position to have one of the greatest seasons any QB has ever had… had RG3 looking like the next QB great…

This is obvious to anyone watching the team objectively. I don't even think it's necessarily in disagreement with your idea that he's a choker.

I don't have a binding love of Kyle, lol. I know he runs one of the easiest systems for a QB to operate in and we have elite talent. We're a run heavy team with the best playaction game in the NFL. Teams prioritize stopping the run first and that's a key reason why Kyle's passing offenses are among the most efficient in the league on a year to year basis.

Off the top of my head there isn't a single QB that has played any real time under Kyle as a starter that played better without him. He contended for multiple years with Jimmy G… put Matt Ryan in a position to have one of the greatest seasons any QB has ever had… had RG3 looking like the next QB great…

This is obvious to anyone watching the team objectively. I don't even think it's necessarily in disagreement with your idea that he's a choker.

He is a choker. I don't care about his system if it shuts down come playoff time. He is still haunted by 28-3 and it shows in the big games
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 15, 2024 at 8:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone