Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You didn't have that blinding love for Trey, but you do for Kyle. There is plenty of evidence of him being a choker

I don't have a binding love of Kyle, lol. I know he runs one of the easiest systems for a QB to operate in and we have elite talent. We're a run heavy team with the best playaction game in the NFL. Teams prioritize stopping the run first and that's a key reason why Kyle's passing offenses are among the most efficient in the league on a year to year basis.

Off the top of my head there isn't a single QB that has played any real time under Kyle as a starter that played better without him. He contended for multiple years with Jimmy G… put Matt Ryan in a position to have one of the greatest seasons any QB has ever had… had RG3 looking like the next QB great…

This is obvious to anyone watching the team objectively. I don't even think it's necessarily in disagreement with your idea that he's a choker.

He is a choker. I don't care about his system if it shuts down come playoff time. He is still haunted by 28-3 and it shows in the big games
you still have no clue about football after all these years lol

Fun times that day when he got banned

Probably the most unjust ban I've seen here, but I understood the truth about Trey hurt and that mod couldn't handle it anymore. I know he thought of me when Trey was a Cowboy about a month later
Pretty sure I banned you years before Trey was on the team.

Yes you used to swear I was some other poster. You can trust that English dug deep to try to link me to whatever PBM you thought I was. Wasn't me
☝🏽 This kinda rabble keeps me out of these player threads most of the time. QB threads are the worst.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I don't have a binding love of Kyle, lol. I know he runs one of the easiest systems for a QB to operate in and we have elite talent. We're a run heavy team with the best playaction game in the NFL. Teams prioritize stopping the run first and that's a key reason why Kyle's passing offenses are among the most efficient in the league on a year to year basis.

Off the top of my head there isn't a single QB that has played any real time under Kyle as a starter that played better without him. He contended for multiple years with Jimmy G… put Matt Ryan in a position to have one of the greatest seasons any QB has ever had… had RG3 looking like the next QB great…

This is obvious to anyone watching the team objectively. I don't even think it's necessarily in disagreement with your idea that he's a choker.

I'm a fan of Kyle for sure and agree with what you said. He isn't perfect but has become a better coach every year, IMO. He could have managed the superbowl a little better but it is what is. Just like o line play. You can always find a flag on each snap if you're looking for it.

the problem is that some look for any mistake Kyle makes, and then holds onto it like it's the gospel. He's an excellent coach and I'm glad we have him.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I worry that we play 4 teams this year that come off their bye week. No other team in the NFL has to do that.

Still expecting 11-12 wins.
Originally posted by fl4sh080:
☝🏽 This kinda rabble keeps me out of these player threads most of the time. QB threads are the worst.

The Purdy thread is usually fun and a good time but some ppl feel the need to spread their negative, immature babble.

🏆 championship

I worry that we play 4 teams this year that come off their bye week. No other team in the NFL has to do that.

Still expecting 11-12 wins.

Didn't we have to deal with that like 6 times this last season? That stretch of games we got smoked in, I think almost all of them were coming off byes.

I think the jags were too but we smoked em
Originally posted by Montana:
The Purdy thread is usually fun and a good time but some ppl feel the need to spread their negative, immature babble.

🏆 championship

Historically, the qb we had was divisive with the fan base. Brock's performance has really mended a lot of that. Some still have question marks with him but are happy with him.
Can Brock improve this year?

Originally posted by RonnieLott:

He's going to have a full offseason as QB1. I don't see why he can't.

He's going to have a full offseason as QB1. I don't see why he can't.

Having the same core of playmakers together again is huge. Kid has only played a season and a half worth of games.

BP says often where he says that he can improve and clean things up..can he? Yeah. I was watching some older tape this week and I see things he has cleaned up, improvements..he is becoming more refined in his craft. I think he will continue to do so. We have such a good qb folks! Let the good times roll!
I'm a fan of Kyle for sure and agree with what you said. He isn't perfect but has become a better coach every year, IMO. He could have managed the superbowl a little better but it is what is. Just like o line play. You can always find a flag on each snap if you're looking for it.

the problem is that some look for any mistake Kyle makes, and then holds onto it like it's the gospel. He's an excellent coach and I'm glad we have him.

I'm a fan too honestly, he's the smartest mind in the game. There isn't a player or coach that's game planned with him that doesn't feel that way, so I believe them

When you hold him to that standard though, the playoffs have been a head scratcher. I haven't walked away from one playoff game feeling like Kyle ran circles around the opposing D coordinator, and I anticipate that happening before every playoff game — thinking this time he will put together that master game plan

There's been playoff games where our OL just imposed its will on our opponent, but it wasn't some master game plan. For me it was a sign of his ptsd and how uptight he is in these games. 8 passes in NFCCG is wild, like 1930s ball. Then he'll turn around and trust Josh Johnson to run a two minute drill in Philly (which ends in disaster). Like, wtf? I really feel like he's battling demons in these playoff games. Losing a 10 point lead to the Rams after owning them for years just sums up Kyle in the playoffs for me

When I say he needs to be better, I mean for us. I don't want him on another team. I want him to do what he's capable of and stop being so wound up in the playoffs
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 17, 2024 at 5:59 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

BP says often where he says that he can improve and clean things up..can he? Yeah. I was watching some older tape this week and I see things he has cleaned up, improvements..he is becoming more refined in his craft. I think he will continue to do so. We have such a good qb folks! Let the good times roll!

What an incredible talent he is. In his two year career - 2 NFC Championship games and a superbowl appearance. He's pretty much *already* equaled Jimmy's entire 10 year career accomplishments in two years.
Share 49ersWebzone