There are 523 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm a fan of Kyle for sure and agree with what you said. He isn't perfect but has become a better coach every year, IMO. He could have managed the superbowl a little better but it is what is. Just like o line play. You can always find a flag on each snap if you're looking for it.

the problem is that some look for any mistake Kyle makes, and then holds onto it like it's the gospel. He's an excellent coach and I'm glad we have him.
Agree. I'm a big fan also.

At 45 Bill walsh was still the offensive coordinator for the Bengals. At 45 Kyle's gone to two super bowls.
Originally posted by Montana:
The Purdy thread is usually fun and a good time but some ppl feel the need to spread their negative, immature babble.

🏆 championship

Historically, the qb we had was divisive with the fan base. Brock's performance has really mended a lot of that. Some still have question marks with him but are happy with him.

Brock Heals the Zone
Historically, the qb we had was divisive with the fan base. Brock's performance has really mended a lot of that. Some still have question marks with him but are happy with him.

Because he's shown progression. Rest all stagnated after a certain point once they reached the limits of their capabilities.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Because he's shown progression. Rest all stagnated after a certain point once they reached the limits of their capabilities.

This. The things that were a bit concerning from his plays as a rookie were virtually non existent in this last season. I think even the injury play vs Philly led to his improvement in trying to avoid that situation again.

He was better at stepping up in the pocket AND throwing with anticipation more. Both of those things led to that injury, if he throws it earlier to Aiyuk or steps up he doesn't get hurt and who knows how that game goes.
I wonder if it gets old telling the same stories about himself over and over again lol. We all love the story and some may have not heard but..wonder if the media stuff gets to be repetitive. Who cares though, tell it again cause yeah, it's a damn good story and it has just begun
The good old days where people would defend this s**t in here

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Brock nails that 9 out of 10 times
During Brock's "sophomore slump" where he actually lost some games, he took us to the Super Bowl.

We have the next Drew Brees, so I expect us to be perennial contenders.

Right? You'd hope an NFL QB making bank could hit that s**t.

No more complaining about Trey not getting the starting job over Brock either.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
During Brock's "sophomore slump" where he actually lost some games, he took us to the Super Bowl.

Amen!

And more mobile and elusive than Drew Brees, so Brock is definitely better - in a sense - than Brees. So hopefully more Superbowl wins than Brees too.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Amen!

And more mobile and elusive than Drew Brees, so Brock is definitely better - in a sense - than Brees. So hopefully more Superbowl wins than Brees too.

People forget how accurate Drew Brees was on deep passes. One of the best ever. His deep ball throws tailed off dramatically toward the end of his career. I used to wonder how a guy that short could even see the receiver that far downfield.
  • thl408

999 out of 1000.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

What about those claiming Brock didn't have Trey's "plus arm talent" and he "would eventually regress to Nick Foles / Gardner Minshew."
Share 49ersWebzone