There are 362 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Koldo:
What about those claiming Brock didn't have Trey's "plus arm talent" and he "would eventually regress to Nick Foles / Gardner Minshew."

Last year's offseason was more fun… if you're into that sort of bickering lol.

Yall need to let it go.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
What about those claiming Brock didn't have Trey's "plus arm talent" and he "would eventually regress to Nick Foles / Gardner Minshew."

Yall need to let it go.

This years off season has been much more pleasant and peaceful. lol I prefer that.

I think it's just a very comforting feeling to feel confident in who your QB is. That's something I've never really experienced. The closest to that is Jimmy - it was more of I knew what Jimmy was and wasn't. Not that I thought he was amazing. Watching him now that he's left, has made me realize how great of a coaching job Kyle was really doing.
Originally posted by tankle104:
This years off season has been much more pleasant and peaceful. lol I prefer that.

I think it's just a very comforting feeling to feel confident in who your QB is. That's something I've never really experienced. The closest to that is Jimmy - it was more of I knew what Jimmy was and wasn't. Not that I thought he was amazing. Watching him now that he's left, has made me realize how great of a coaching job Kyle was really doing.

It's just so boring. DrEll and Co's constant crying about Kyle just isn't moving the needle. We need a good war.

It's just so boring. DrEll and Co's constant crying about Kyle just isn't moving the needle. We need a good war.

I blocked DrEll and it's been a top 10 decision I've made in my entire life. Hahahah

i feel like this part of the off season (after superbowl and before OTAs) is always boring cause there isn't any news. We are about to start getting updates on how guys look. That'll be fun IMO.

poor grant has been trying to stir s**t online but it just makes him sound like the moron he is. He doesn't have anything decisive to push right now. Muahahaha
im on the younger end of the spectrum when it comes to a lot of fans, that saints win was like the first big playoff game I've ever seen us win, at the time. I was there the following week for the giants game. Candlestick was a dump, but it was our dump, and it was a special place to 49ers fans cause of all the historic moments there.

Is it me or do Brock's legs look kinda bulgastic? I mean dang, in those jeans lol they just bulge. Looks more swole for sure. Dude has been hitting that gym. Looks like he has gained weight? But like all muscle. Bet he beats Hurts on the leg machine haha

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The good old days where people would defend this s**t in here

Brock nails that 9 out of 10 times

Brock drops that s**t right in the bread basket.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Amen!

And more mobile and elusive than Drew Brees, so Brock is definitely better - in a sense - than Brees. So hopefully more Superbowl wins than Brees too.

Brees was pretty damn good. They have similarities and I've been saying Brock Brees for idk, ever now...but better than Brees? Hmmm, I would go ahead and say probably just as good but better?....hmmm. Even I have a little reservation on that one. I would say, it's close. Brees was great in his own way and BP his way. They both are amazing. Brees is a fan of Brock's, very cool but who isn't?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
During Brock's "sophomore slump" where he actually lost some games, he took us to the Super Bowl.

We have the next Drew Brees, so I expect us to be perennial contenders.

Amen!

And more mobile and elusive than Drew Brees, so Brock is definitely better - in a sense - than Brees. So hopefully more Superbowl wins than Brees too.

People forget how accurate Drew Brees was on deep passes. One of the best ever. His deep ball throws tailed off dramatically toward the end of his career. I used to wonder how a guy that short could even see the receiver that far downfield.

I think one reason Brees long ball tailed off could be personnel. They didn't have enough Deebos, Aiyuks, Kittles and Jauans on offense. CMC does a lot to distract defenses too.

Brocks timing and anticipation helps with his long ball throws. Kyle's ability to spot RB late round talent also helps. Add in an OLine that generally improved throughout the year and you had a superb 2nd season for Mr. Purdy.
Brock's legs are super thick. Lol that's why some call him baby bosa - he has great genetics in regards to his lower body strength. Hes def thickened up all around to help with the grind of the nfl and abuse he will take. Essentially he's leaving his college body and becoming a man - NFL style.
I think one reason Brees long ball tailed off could be personnel. They didn't have enough Deebos, Aiyuks, Kittles and Jauans on offense. CMC does a lot to distract defenses too.

Brocks timing and anticipation helps with his long ball throws. Kyle's ability to spot RB late round talent also helps. Add in an OLine that generally improved throughout the year and you had a superb 2nd season for Mr. Purdy.

Let's not forget that Brees had a major shoulder injury in 2005. It's amazing he was able to pull through and be successful after such an injury. But the wear and tear over the years took a toll. He says that today, he doesn't throw with his right arm anymore, as it has been too affected by the injury. He throws only left handed now:(. But what an amazing career he had as a qb..and also seems like an amazing person
[ Edited by Montana on May 17, 2024 at 4:34 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Yall need to let it go.

No bickering here, just exposing hypocrisy.

Brock's legs are super thick. Lol that's why some call him baby bosa - he has great genetics in regards to his lower body strength. Hes def thickened up all around to help with the grind of the nfl and abuse he will take. Essentially he's leaving his college body and becoming a man - NFL style.

Lol I know about Baby Bosa but he may be moving past that point. Baby Hulk now maybe..any more quads and those jeans rip open haha

Similar vibe

[ Edited by Montana on May 17, 2024 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

Lol I know about Baby Bosa but he may be moving past that point. Baby Hulk now maybe..any more quads and those jeans rip open haha

Similar vibe

Hopefully this year he's way harder to take down, similar to hurts. Just that lower body strength and low center of gravity. I don't want him used like hurts, but the ability to create plays with his legs, like he has.
Hopefully this year he's way harder to take down, similar to hurts. Just that lower body strength and low center of gravity. I don't want him used like hurts, but the ability to create plays with his legs, like he has.

I don't want him used like Hurts either. I think BP is defo a dual threat qb with the legs.
Originally posted by Montana:

I don't want him used like Hurts either. I think BP is defo a dual threat qb with the legs.

I think situations like the end of the packers game, he made some HUGE runs that really helped us win that game. Some tough runs too.

thats why I always call him "Dirty Purdy" cause he's done some defenders dirty with his legs. Lol
I think situations like the end of the packers game, he made some HUGE runs that really helped us win that game. Some tough runs too.

thats why I always call him "Dirty Purdy" cause he's done some defenders dirty with his legs. Lol

Yeah, definitely had some Steve Young vibes with those runs in the GB game. I was expecting them to use his legs more in the SB..I was expecting a lot of things in the SB lol..in the end..it was a bit like flat soda, disappointing lol
Hopefully, next time better calls, less mistakes, no fumbles or injury setbacks...oh and win would be cool too lol
Share 49ersWebzone