There are 294 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Love the Brock Purdy doubt and nay sayers! Let's keep it coming! Also, only a moron would put tua and Richardson so high. Richardson is going to be a bust and tua is a Jimmy g clone. Lol I get Brock not being at the top of this list but this guy must be hammered.

I seriously don't know why people keep putting Lamar Jackson in the top 5. Dude gets bailed out of tough catches by his receivers and also has one of the top defenses in the league. Lets also not forget he is one of the biggest choke artists in the playoffs. Seriously I could give two s**ts about how he can run the ball big f**kin deal. Tua too, another QB who's fools gold, plays like a top QB vs weak ass teams then chokes harder than a chicken in the playoffs.

In the end these QB rankings all just pure s**t and really aren't thought out at all.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Love the Brock Purdy doubt and nay sayers! Let's keep it coming! Also, only a moron would put tua and Richardson so high. Richardson is going to be a bust and tua is a Jimmy g clone. Lol I get Brock not being at the top of this list but this guy must be hammered.

I seriously don't know why people keep putting Lamar Jackson in the top 5. Dude gets bailed out of tough catches by his receivers and also has one of the top defenses in the league. Lets also not forget he is one of the biggest choke artists in the playoffs. Seriously I could give two s**ts about how he can run the ball big f**kin deal. Tua too, another QB who's fools gold, plays like a top QB vs weak ass teams then chokes harder than a chicken in the playoffs.

In the end these QB rankings all just pure s**t and really aren't thought out at all.

I don't think QB rankings are something to be taken so serious, I just find it crazy how some "analysts" view the game in comparison to others.

Lamar is a good regular season qb but has shown to not be a very good playoff qb (so far). Tua really is just the Samoan version of Jimmy. Lol

id probably only take Mahommes and burrow over Brock, maybe Allen too. Those are the only three in the league that I think are comparable to Brock. We all know what Goff is once you pressure him. We know what dak is. Lol I question if love can continue it all now that they have expectations and film on him (great arm but outside of our guys falling down, he made some pretty poor decisions against us).

It's NEVER too early to punch someone's face

Punchable faces popping up already lol
I don't think QB rankings are something to be taken so serious, I just find it crazy how some "analysts" view the game in comparison to others.

Lamar is a good regular season qb but has shown to not be a very good playoff qb (so far). Tua really is just the Samoan version of Jimmy. Lol

id probably only take Mahommes and burrow over Brock, maybe Allen too. Those are the only three in the league that I think are comparable to Brock. We all know what Goff is once you pressure him. We know what dak is. Lol I question if love can continue it all now that they have expectations and film on him (great arm but outside of our guys falling down, he made some pretty poor decisions against us).

disappointed lolol
According to some dipsh!t named Mark clay from ESPN - Brock is going to have a steep decline in his game. Lol what a moron. Nothing is different except we added offensive weapons and upgraded a few spots on D. Lol

He has almost every Niner player on both offense and defense having their worse season. He must think the Niners are going to go 7-10 this season based on his projections.

Tua is definitely better than Jimmy, he can at least make most of the throws necessary. MIA had a top passing attack. Tua just isn't good enough against good defenses.

Lamar I agree with. Great in the regular season, but underperforms in the playoffs. I don't think it's so much on him, but how simplistic their offense is at times, and now in the playoffs you were facing very good opponents that will throw their whole playbook at you. Lamar has to play better though.

Mahomes and Burrow, of course that's obvious those two are better. Idk about Allen though, very good QB, but the system has to be right and you gotta play how he wants to play. I think Allen would be less successful here and Purdy would be less successful in Buffalo.

Now that guy down in Houston...he's something else as well. Herbert is also a top QB, so we'll see if he can have a rebound year he's another QB that I would take over Purdy. Overall though Purdy should be unquestionably a top 5 QB.
According to some dipsh!t named Mark clay from ESPN - Brock is going to have a steep decline in his game. Lol what a moron. Nothing is different except we added offensive weapons and upgraded a few spots on D. Lol

A lot of people still can't wrap their heads around a 7th round pick being good/great, ESPECIALLY at the QB position.

It's hard to blame them, this just doesn't happen at all. Warner, he was a vet until he got his shot again. Purdy came out as a rookie and played very well.

And all the talk about Kyle's scheme, surrounding talent, it's a bit fair. I don't think Purdy would be anywhere as good if lets say the Bears drafted him. But Mullens, CJ, Jimmy, none of those guys have come close to what Brock as done.

He's the real deal.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 18, 2024 at 8:57 PM ]

Because he's really, really good. I have no idea wtf they were trying to do in the playoffs but he was a monster in the regular season. He's the best QB running the football on the ground but is also perfectly capable of letting it rip from the pocket and beating you with his arm.

If the 49ers didn't have Purdy and couldn't get Mahomes then LJ would be my next QB up. Put that guy with Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Because he's really, really good. I have no idea wtf they were trying to do in the playoffs but he was a monster in the regular season. He's the best QB running the football on the ground but is also perfectly capable of letting it rip from the pocket and beating you with his arm.

If the 49ers didn't have Purdy and couldn't get Mahomes then LJ would be my next QB up. Put that guy with Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffrey?

Lamar would thrive so much with a CMC type back.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Tua is definitely better than Jimmy, he can at least make most of the throws necessary. MIA had a top passing attack. Tua just isn't good enough against good defenses.

Lamar I agree with. Great in the regular season, but underperforms in the playoffs. I don't think it's so much on him, but how simplistic their offense is at times, and now in the playoffs you were facing very good opponents that will throw their whole playbook at you. Lamar has to play better though.

Mahomes and Burrow, of course that's obvious those two are better. Idk about Allen though, very good QB, but the system has to be right and you gotta play how he wants to play. I think Allen would be less successful here and Purdy would be less successful in Buffalo.

Now that guy down in Houston...he's something else as well. Herbert is also a top QB, so we'll see if he can have a rebound year he's another QB that I would take over Purdy. Overall though Purdy should be unquestionably a top 5 QB.

I think tua and jimmy g have essentially the same faults as qbs. Outside of tua able to make different kind of throws, they're like essentially the same qb in a lot of ways.

That's why I said "'maybe" in Allen. Hes an awesome qb but idk if he would fit here and seems to have really spotty decision making - especially in the playoffs.

stroud seems like an awesome young qb too. Before the draft, I remember a bunch of people saying Trey was a way better option than either stroud or the guy who went to Carolina. I always really liked stroud as a prospect and thought he was better than both of em, by far. He has a really bright future. I'm really happy that Demeco hit on his qb so quickly.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

A lot of people still can't rap their heads around a 7th round pick being good/great, ESPECIALLY at the QB position.

It's hard to blame them, this just doesn't happen at all. Warner, he was a vet until he got his shot again. Purdy came out as a rookie and played very well.

And all the talk about Kyle's scheme, surrounding talent, it's a bit fair. I don't think Purdy would be anywhere as good if lets say the Bears drafted him. But Mullens, CJ, Jimmy, none of those guys have come close to what Brock as done.

He's the real deal.

yeah, outside of Garcia, Brady, and Warner - idk who has done this well being drafted that late. Garcia and Warner both went and played a few years in a different league and Brady sat a year.

I think Brock and Kyle are a perfect pairing, both align with the way they process the game and fulfil what Kyle's system wants to do.

I think Brock will eventually become a qb who would excel in any system, cause that's what a lot of top tier QBs usually become, but he couldn't if landed in a better spot than where he did. Most rookies couldn't do what he did but he couldn't have done what he did in most situations IMO. At least not as pretty.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah I think Lamar gets too much heat for the playoff stuff. Sometimes it's not in your control, sometimes it is and even the greats had their failures.

Lamar in this offense would be something special to see but I'm also very happy to have Brock here. If we're talking about clutch it's hard to argue with Brock's performance so far. Only losses have been after the injury to Eagles and the SB to KC where Brock never left the field with a deficit and got us the lead every time he went out on the field in the 4th qtr and OT.

Obviously it's not all perfect since he had a chance to probably win the game closer to 100% by converting the 3rd down after the 2 minute warning but he still got us into FG range there. Defense gotta do their job.

Either way I don't care about where people rank Brock. I believe he's very good and will get us that final W a time or few soon. People will give him his respect then just like they did for Brady and other QBs who didn't have the mega cannon or the elite wheels/stature and played a more cerebral game.
yeah, outside of Garcia, Brady, and Warner - idk who has done this well being drafted that late. Garcia and Warner both went and played a few years in a different league and Brady sat a year.

I think Brock and Kyle are a perfect pairing, both align with the way they process the game and fulfil what Kyle's system wants to do.

I think Brock will eventually become a qb who would excel in any system, cause that's what a lot of top tier QBs usually become, but he couldn't if landed in a better spot than where he did. Most rookies couldn't do what he did but he couldn't have done what he did in most situations IMO. At least not as pretty.

This
Originally posted by Montana:

This

Similar to how Bree's became a different animal once he was on New Orleans. By 2008-2009, Bree's would have been a savage in any system. He was fine tuned and experience at that point.
Idk how Lamar would do with our line. He would need to step it up on his timing and rhythm. I just see a lot of running backwards and trying to do too much instead of getting the ball out to our playmakers. We also don't have that jump ball guy for him like Andrews or Likely
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 19, 2024 at 7:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone