There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Bad OL is not a fairytale. One great lineman makes it passable, but we've seen what happens to Brock and even CMC when Trent is injured

For sure, OLine and QB play are synergistic. If the OLine doesn't give Brock 2 seconds plus to throw, Brock can't even hit the 3 yard slant passes. There is a reason Puni was drafted right after Pearsall and Green.

I'm eager to see Puni in pads. Would be a great to have a player on the right side of our OL
Agree. I look forward to training camp and preseason so see how Puni is going to do.

I thought Feliciano did a ok job against Chris Jones in the Superbowl. But when he went down, Burford stunk up the joint. That and Greenlaw going down sealed our loss.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
We didn't dream it up. Trent went down last year and showed just how bad our line sucks

Lmao yeah idk what the hell he's talking about.
Agree.
About (in my opinion) 70% of the run plays last year went through Trent and Banks, and when your offense is based a big part on the run fake, well three losses last year were predictable if Big Trent goes down.
Originally posted by random49er:
We didn't dream it up. Trent went down last year and showed just how bad our line sucks

Did you envision KC winning it all last year without Mahomes?

Missing a HOF player that is the best at his craft is pretty normal. No team out there has high caliber OTs hanging around on the bench, instantly ready.

This is only in your imagination. We certainly want a versatile young tackle or 2 that we can develop. But this is a different subject/context than what you are complaining about.

It shows how much Trent holds it down for those guys. I'm not asking for great backups, I just want more than one lineman I can count on. The fact that CMC can't even get going when Trent is injured should tell you how bad they are. We can make it work when Trent is plowing lanes and holding down the left side in pass protection. A good example is the Aiyuk TD pass in Seattle. Brock does that little drift/half role behind Trent, giving him just enough time to get it off after McKivitz completely whiffed
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 21, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

At least they don't have Pickett and Fields ahead of him this year
I don't care if people rank him 1st, 10th or 20th. All that matters is how well he plays and if the team wins. All these rankings are just subjective and have no bearing on how much he will get paid or how his teammates feel about him. The fans care way more about them than the players do.
ROFL - the audacity not to include him in a tier called "post-season caliber" and in addition the irony of placing Prescott (2-5), Hurts (2-3), and Herbert (0-1) in that tier above him (4-2).

Agree.
About (in my opinion) 70% of the run plays last year went through Trent and Banks, and when your offense is based a big part on the run fake, well three losses last year were predictable if Big Trent goes down.

To be fair the two games Trent actually missed(he played on one leg vs Cleveland) we moved the ball fairly well. Turnovers bit us in the ass. Against Cinci we had our 2nd best total yardage output on the season oh and all those games were without Deebo as well which hurts the offense.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
ROFL - the audacity not to include him in a tier called "post-season caliber" and in addition the irony of placing Prescott (2-5), Hurts (2-3), and Herbert (0-1) in that tier above him (4-2).

Yeah lol that's the part that took me out. I don't give a damn about these types of rankings. I only care about how Brock plays here and how this team does in the end.

But putting him the tier below you called post-season caliber...which includes 3 QBs who have been in the league a combined 16 seasons and combined have the same amount of playoff wins as Brock. Stafford has the same amount of playoff wins as Brock btw.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't care if people rank him 1st, 10th or 20th. All that matters is how well he plays and if the team wins. All these rankings are just subjective and have no bearing on how much he will get paid or how his teammates feel about him. The fans care way more about them than the players do.

Good points.

They really run this garbage point of "having great guys around him" into the ground though. Mahomes getting his own tier lol

Let's get this right lol

Tier 1: Gunslinger
  1. BCB

Then there is everyone else
[ Edited by Montana on May 21, 2024 at 11:28 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

Agree.

To be fair the two games Trent actually missed(he played on one leg vs Cleveland) we moved the ball fairly well. Turnovers bit us in the ass. Against Cinci we had our 2nd best total yardage output on the season oh and all those games were without Deebo as well which hurts the offense.

Trent is a future Hall of fame first ballot player. Too bad he isn't 22 anymore.

I don't think we need a Trent Willams 2.0 on the left side if we could have bit stronger more athletic Mckivitz 2.0 on the left side. With the added caveat that we have a good solid plass and run blocking interior line and Mckivitz approaching almost all-pro status on the right.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Good points.

They really run this garbage point of "having great guys around him" into the ground though. Mahomes getting his own tier lol

Let's get this right lol

Tier 1: Gunslinger
  1. BCB

Then there is everyone else

Agree. Joe had great people around him. Mainly hall of fame level. (Lott, Dean/Haley, Rice) anybody ranking Brock less that top 5 is clueless about the 49ers and football in general.
Brock is all we need. He's our Mahomes!
Originally posted by 49erKing:

It's kids doing this. Who can run the fastest.
Agree. Joe had great people around him. Mainly hall of fame level. (Lott, Dean/Haley, Rice) anybody ranking Brock less that top 5 is clueless about the 49ers and football in general.

I'm taking these QBs over Brock:

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Stafford.

If I had to win a game tomorrow so to speak, or go SB or bust in one year not factoring the future, I'm also taking Rodgers over him.

Stroud and Love could be reasonably placed ahead of him as well, but all three have a small sample size so we'll see what happens going forward.

I also don't think it would be unreasonable to compare him to Cousins and Dak, though I would take him over both.
Share 49ersWebzone