There are 298 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Stafford over Brock lol
Guy is a has been (and a total jerk) will never win a SB again..I would bet 1k on that.
Rodgers too? Lol..I can't wait for MNF and some ass whooping
Lol Brock is wayyy better than Dak. Heck, I wanna see what Trey can do over there cause he sucks so bad
Originally posted by Montana:
Stafford over Brock lol
Guy is a has been (and a total jerk) will never win a SB again..I would bet 1k on that.
Lol Brock is wayyy better than Dak. Heck, I wanna see what Trey can do over there cause he sucks so bad

Meh, I'm judging them on their ability to play the position. Stafford was criminally underrated by casuals who can't see past team accomplishments. He's a very good QB and cashed in the minute he was on an elite team.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

When sports outlets like PFF and ESPN talk s**t like that it's all about the ratings nothing more. The 49ers are big time money for the NFL hence the 6 primetime games and when they play road games it's pretty much home games. If I were a talking head and wanted a lot of clicks I would probably spew this s**t about Brock all day every day. But I'm not so I know the 49ers have a very talented QB that should at least be tier 2.
[ Edited by bud49 on May 21, 2024 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Stafford over Brock lol

Meh, I'm judging them on their ability to play the position. Stafford was criminally underrated by casuals who can't see past team accomplishments. He's a very good QB and cashed in the minute he was on an elite team.

This.

Injuries have taken a toll on him tho, he's definitely not going to be an all pro QB anymore going forward. Which is good for us. Hopefully we get to play against Jimmy for at least 1 game
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

LOL at them naming Dak as a post season calibre QB. A guy who has been to the postseason like 8 times and has never reached the conference championship. Meanwhile Brock has been in the league 2 years and has already been to two conference championships and a SB.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on May 21, 2024 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
LOL at them naming Dak as a post season calibre QB. A guy who has been to the postseason like 8 times and has never reached the conference championship. Meanwhile Brock has been in the league 2 years and has already been to two conference championships and a SB.

Yea, having Dak that high is not very good. The label of the tier is just a label to me. He's a top 12 ish QB for me.
Its just a meaningless list.

I wonder if one of the reasons BP doesn't get respect is because of how outspoken he is about his faith. Just something that comes to mind at times but whatever. And that convo is like a opening can of worms...I get it..not interested in going down that route much but just something that comes to mind. I mean, I just have never seen a guy come out like a bull out of the gate and do the stuff that he does. Then not get the respect he deserves. It's weird. But whatever, he is a baller. Just keep proving them all wrong, QB1. I believe he will.

I wonder if one of the reasons BP doesn't get respect is because of how outspoken he is about his faith. Just something that comes to mind at times but whatever. And that convo is like a opening can of worms...I get it..not interested in going down that route much but just something that comes to mind. I mean, I just have never seen a guy come out like a bull out of the gate and do the stuff that he does. Then not get the respect he deserves. It's weird. But whatever, he is a baller. Just keep proving them all wrong, QB1. I believe he will.

I don't think his faith has anything to do with the disrespect. Nobody knew crap about the guys faith when he came into the league, but they all knew where he was drafted. I think most of the negative takes are these talking heads trying to cover their collective butts for not knowing what they were looking at during that draft. Also, it generates more clicks when they dis a rising star, it gets folks angry and they want to respond to put these know-nothings in their place. Also, the internet gives every yahoo with a computer the chance to troll and disrupt a conversation, which they feel is a powerful tool. Something they obviously don't have in their lives.

It sounds like we may be in for another season of "He'S a SyStEm QuArTeRbAcK ," even though he'll probably be leading the MVP race from beginning to end, (again) I also believe he's gonna keep on Balling.

Nah. Mahomes could be a member of Westboro Baptist Church or ISIS and still be considered #1 by a wide margin.

Purdy just isn't overt. He's not tall, not particularly physically impressive, he's quick but not super fast, his arm isn't impressive, he looks like just a guy with a generic mall haircut, dresses like he's applying for a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car and speaks in very basic, non-controversial soundbites. He plays his ass off and wins but until he wins a SB, or really a couple of SB's, they'll continue to doubt and underrate him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Nah. Mahomes could be a member of Westboro Baptist Church or ISIS and still be considered #1 by a wide margin.

Purdy just isn't overt. He's not tall, not particularly physically impressive, he's quick but not super fast, his arm isn't impressive, he looks like just a guy with a generic mall haircut, dresses like he's applying for a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car and speaks in very basic, non-controversial soundbites. He plays his ass off and wins but until he wins a SB, or really a couple of SB's, they'll continue to doubt and underrate him.

And it's a safer bet for pundits to say he'll fade out and not stay a good QB because 9/10 QBs they hype up fade out.
Originally posted by BP13:
It sounds like we may be in for another season of "He'S a SyStEm QuArTeRbAcK ," even though he'll probably be leading the MVP race from beginning to end, (again) I also believe he's gonna keep on Balling.

Doesn't change any game outcomes. Enjoy the ride.

Lol yes, those heavily persecuted Christians in the United states.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BP13:

Doesn't change any game outcomes. Enjoy the ride.
can't believe the same folks falling for this s**t again.

WGAF.. just keep winning !
Share 49ersWebzone