There are 249 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
My money is on spinners for his tractor.

This lol

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
No way. he'll use the money to be a provider for his family, move into a good home, and the rest will go toward a blinged out chain that says, mr relevant

Also this

Yeah, I wasn't worried about BP being a flash in the pan, only the injury.

Originally posted by tankle104:
He's going to use his money to fund a church/religion - Brocktology! I'll do anything to become a member 😍😭

Montana and I will run that B

Brocktology? I love Brock but I have my limits lol. I like the word though:) Tankle is ready to be branded with BCB on the shoulder lol. If you would have come to Vegas..we could have gotten Brock tatts together but alas haha
What Tankle looks like without a shirt:

[ Edited by Montana on May 22, 2024 at 12:50 PM ]
Brock is a good QB on a very good tam

When he is on $25-30 million a year and has a lower paid offense to play on (seeing he will take a bulk of the money), we will see how he goes.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on May 22, 2024 at 4:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by genus49:
Wanting to see more from Trey was what most "Trey fans" wanted. Just like a lot of us wanted to make sure Brock's play as a rookie wasn't a flash in the pan.

At this point it's kind of silly to overlook what Brock has done, especially with the way he's played in the playoffs. The few questions left are somewhat out of his control. There are things that will come with just more experience and weather related play which is the biggest question mark with him but he answered some of that in the GB game.

Period. People claiming anything else was a major strawman.

In terms of Purdy, for me it wasnt so much that I was concerned his play as a rookie was a flash in the pan or not sustainable. It was more that I was unsure how he would come back from the injury. At this point, Brock has done enough to prove to me that we should feel comfortable and confident in him moving forward.

I understood why some wanted to see more of Trey, and I would have felt that way, but not at the expense of seeing more of Brock first. A lot went wrong for Trey that was out of his control. I hope he can go to another team, outside of the cowboys, and be solid. I've always felt like he could be a solid qb (not elite but functional) if he got a couple years of reps.

But yeah, I agree that everyone should be comfy with Brock at this point. Kinda crazy that we finally have a qb who isn't so decisive. lol literally been decades. Hahaha I'm really excited to see what kind of improvements Brock makes this year, very exciting.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

When he is on $25-30 million a year and has a lower paid offense to play on (seeing he will take a bulk of the money), we will see how he goes.

lol @ thinking Brock is getting 25-30 a year
Originally posted by Montana:

Lmao that's pretty on point 😍😈.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Yeah I think he will get $38-40M a year at the lowest, and I think that's unlikely.

im just hoping he does a favorable structure on his contract - like mahommes and hurts did. They signed long deals to kick money down the road when the salary cap is more and can build teams today in their prime. I think hurts has like a $98M cap hit in like 7-8 years from now. Lol

25 mil a year is what Jimmy got 7 years ago. You're insane if you think that will be his contract

This is why these pre-contract years are so important for a guy like Brock, he's really learning so much. I think he's the kind of QB, thankfully, that will make other guys better, and work very well with Kyle for a long time. That's why I'm not worried about his post-contract years. But you are right, it will be interesting to see how his career plays out.

Yeah what year is this? 2016?

Get a room.
Originally posted by random49er:

Get a room.

Just close your eyes
Brock is going to sign a team friendly deal but the team friendly part will be in the way it's structured. Mahomes signed a team friendly deal and that was $500 Million over 10 years which was the biggest contract in NFL history. But it was team friendly in the way it was structured. I expect Brock's to be team friendly in a similar way. It's not going to get screwed up like what the Cowboys did with Dak and the Browns with Watson etc etc.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah what year is this? 2016?

That is Alex Smith type money lol

Originally posted by random49er:
Get a room.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

25 mil a year is what Jimmy got 7 years ago. You're insane if you think that will be his contract

Brock is such a nice guy who doesn't want anything crazy. He's going to take a team friendly deal to play for like $100 a game.
Share 49ersWebzone