There are 216 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It's an interesting convo. He's probably the best player in the game, and playing QB at the highest level. He has the all 22 seemingly installed, as he sees the entire field, including feeling the rush, with eyes downfield.

Now, ppl I think who may not follow as close as we do, attribute all KC success to Mahomes. That's not the case. In SBs, we had him pretty well handled, and took the ball off him. He does indeed have a great HC, DC, and a lot of D player investment, and I question if he's winning rings without all that.

He's great. One of the best ever already for sure. KC's offense this last year was average though, and their defense was great. Different story from 19 where they had an elite offense and an average defense. Our defense was so good in 19 and played out of their minds for the first 3 quarters of that game. Obviously our d played mostly well in this SB but it was a lesser challenge. I think KC had the worst offense of any of the teams we faced in the postseason.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
It's an interesting convo. He's probably the best player in the game, and playing QB at the highest level. He has the all 22 seemingly installed, as he sees the entire field, including feeling the rush, with eyes downfield.

Now, ppl I think who may not follow as close as we do, attribute all KC success to Mahomes. That's not the case. In SBs, we had him pretty well handled, and took the ball off him. He does indeed have a great HC, DC, and a lot of D player investment, and I question if he's winning rings without all that.

Of course he doesn't win any Super Bowls without surrounding talent. No quarterback single-handedly wins a game, let alone a Super Bowl. I think he benefits more from the league/refs than any player I've ever seen at this point, and it really puts a stain on the league IMO, but the fact of the matter is this: His can elevate the talent around him higher than probably any other QB in the league, and that to me is arguably the #1 factor in judging a QB. He had a top tier defense, and Reid has always been a good/great HC, but that offense last year was average at best....without Mahomes, it would've been garbage.

Yeah, it goes back to the "guys around him" thing ppl do with Purdy, which is annoying. Mahomes is definitely talented, I don't think, however, he was particularly stellar in SB performances against us. We just messed up so badly(and refs) made it easier for him to win. A little luck or whatever that was, goes his way..and he is a football god. But some of games are luck in general, so. That is part of the game.

At the same time, I knew Mahomes was likely to get a TD during the last possession against us in this last one..so we better had made damn sure we got one..but no. Because of his talent and yeah, we didn't have Dco..and our D was likely tired and without Greenlaw. So yeah, I felt the game was over by 85% when we didn't get the TD. Yes, he is a really good QB, his processing is usually top tier, l would say Purdy's is just as good, if not better. I just think all this focus on Mahomes being some kind of invincible force is well..idk blown out of proportion. They want to make bronze sculptures probably. All the while, Purdy shows he is just as good..but is under scrutiny. It happens though.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He's great. One of the best ever already for sure. KC's offense this last year was average though, and their defense was great. Different story from 19 where they had an elite offense and an average defense. Our defense was so good in 19 and played out of their minds for the first 3 quarters of that game. Obviously our d played mostly well in this SB but it was a lesser challenge. I think KC had the worst offense of any of the teams we faced in the postseason.

not sure about this,
not sure about this,

Me either but it was a weaker one for sure
Originally posted by Montana:
not sure about this,

Me either but it was a weaker one for sure

Not sure about that either. Maybe by season ranks. Still legend HC, TE, QB, Pacheco is a beast and the OL was good. Just a clown car wr room. Still hard to call Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Pacheco average. I think the D and ball control worked to win games so no shootouts and that probably influenced their season ranks
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Damn that's not good company to keep. Mahomes is overrated and not that good

Lol Mahomes is good...just not like they make him out to to be..like some football god.

[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 24, 2024 at 7:32 PM ]
Man I can't wait to hear how Brock looks in camp. Lol I'm hurting for some positive 49ers news. Lol I really think this is going to be an insane year for Brock and the boys.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Raiders love? I will take it lol but Walmart? Lolol that is a bit harsh. Brock's suits..don't see those at Walmart lol. But his usual threads..maybe a hybrid of Sheplers and Kohl's haha but but Walmart? Come on now.
He's a victim of physical stature and physical stats. He's 6'1" 215 lbs. That's why these lists always hype other players more. Many lesser players too. Because this guy is 6'4" 225 lbs. That guy is 6'5" 235 lbs. Some other QB can run 4.4. It's all that stuff. He's also a victim of the argument he's on a great team. Which is over blown IMO. Shanahan's system does not protect QB's well. They mostly ignore the offensive line and don't keep people in to block too. His team isn't perfect. In fact it's sub par on offensive line. Further guys like Deebo are always injured.

The media and other fan bases just don't understand or see processing, timing, anticipation, reads and progressions, making the right decision, excellent mechanics, throwing accuracy. Those are all the things he's great at. I agree he wouldn't show up much at a combine. Although his 10 yard splits are great which is why he can scramble and is underrated at that. He can get you the yards you need. But he's much more the intangible stuff that's difficult to measure. Which is why he doesn't get the credit.

He could have a better year in the 3rd year. In which case he will be in the MVP race. He will start to be thought of as a young Drew Brees. Eventually you can't ignore it anymore. Which is what I think will happen.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 25, 2024 at 9:18 AM ]

Raiders love? I will take it lol but Walmart? Lolol that is a bit harsh. Brock's suits..don't see those at Walmart lol. But his usual threads..maybe a hybrid of Sheplers and Kohl's haha but but Walmart? Come on now.

Have you noticed that he's been dressing a bit nicer? Not like flashier but just high quality threads. lol that endorsement money must be finally rollin in 🤣.

at the end of the day, there is a quote "I get rich off the money I DONT spend". lol

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Damn that's not good company to keep. Mahomes is overrated and not that good

Lol Mahomes is good...just not like they make him out to to be..like some football god.

There are 22 guys on the field going to battle every snap. If anybody's attributing all of the success to any one player,....why even entertain such nonsense?

How about talking about "difference makers"....? You know...the difference between a game we should've won vs. a game we lost?

KC's 1st SB squad we lost to was much better than this one. Whether you want to talk season or SB,...he was clearly the difference. Give them an above average QB and they lose both games.
[ Edited by random49er on May 25, 2024 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's a victim of physical stature and physical stats. He's 6'1" 215 lbs. That's why these lists always hype other players more. Many lesser players too. Because this guy is 6'4" 225 lbs. That guy is 6'5" 235 lbs. Some other QB can run 4.4. It's all that stuff. He's also a victim of the argument he's on a great team. Which is over blown IMO. Shanahan's system does not protect QB's well. They mostly ignore the offensive line and don't keep people in to block too. His team isn't perfect. In fact it's sub par on offensive line. Further guys like Deebo are always injured.

The media and other fan bases just don't understand or see processing, timing, anticipation, reads and progressions, making the right decision, excellent mechanics, throwing accuracy. Those are all the things he's great at. I agree he wouldn't show up much at a combine. Although his 10 yard splits are great which is why he can scramble and is underrated at that. He can get you the yards you need. But he's much more the intangible stuff that's difficult to measure. Which is why he doesn't get the credit.

He could have a better year in the 3rd year. In which case he will be in the MVP race. He will start to be thought of as a young Drew Brees. Eventually you can't ignore it anymore. Which is what I think will happen.

Yep, Brees is about right at 6 ft...we know what happened with him 🏆

Have you noticed that he's been dressing a bit nicer? Not like flashier but just high quality threads. lol that endorsement money must be finally rollin in 🤣.

at the end of the day, there is a quote "I get rich off the money I DONT spend". lol

Yeah, I think it's cool that he isn't flashy, plenty of that around. Idc really what he wears, just keep ballin'. Lol. If the guy wears high end suits, fine.. something from the Cabela's fall collection or L.L. Bean..that's ok too lol.
I think he dresses "classy", I have no issue with it. Idc what most people wear in general but I prefer someone to dress with class (male or female).

I just hope he continues to be himself, represent the 49ers with class and respect, and ball out on the field.
I think he dresses "classy", I have no issue with it. Idc what most people wear in general but I prefer someone to dress with class (male or female).

I just hope he continues to be himself, represent the 49ers with class and respect, and ball out on the field.

I think he will.

Man, so wanting this season to start lol..idk what seems longer, this year or last year lol. At least he is healthy and not worried about that. I am watching old Saints games, speaking of Brees lol. Which I can watch and enjoy more now that we don't play against him anymore, before I just dreaded facing the guy. Lol. He made some killer plays against us.
Share 49ersWebzone