There are 238 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think he dresses "classy", I have no issue with it. Idc what most people wear in general but I prefer someone to dress with class (male or female).

I just hope he continues to be himself, represent the 49ers with class and respect, and ball out on the field.

I think he will.

Man, so wanting this season to start lol..idk what seems longer, this year or last year lol. At least he is healthy and not worried about that. I am watching old Saints games, speaking of Brees lol. Which I can watch and enjoy more now that we don't play against him anymore, before I just dreaded facing the guy. Lol. He made some killer plays against us.

lol last off season we had more to discuss/debate over because he was in rehab, Trey was getting cleared etc. a lot was unknown. This off season, is going perfectly smooth so far and we are just waiting for camp to start. Lol

we are roughly 2 months away from camp starting, but I can't wait to hear how Brock looks! I feel like this pline kid might be a dark horse to take over TE#2 spot.
lol last off season we had more to discuss/debate over because he was in rehab, Trey was getting cleared etc. a lot was unknown. This off season, is going perfectly smooth so far and we are just waiting for camp to start. Lol

we are roughly 2 months away from camp starting, but I can't wait to hear how Brock looks! I feel like this pline kid might be a dark horse to take over TE#2 spot.

Lol that's right, we had Trey drama. Man, he looked like the 3rd wheel at that Raiders pre-season so bad. I mean, you could kinda see it on his face, dunzo. Felt bad for the guy. I was video taping and saying, "It's ok man, shake it off...poor Lance." Then Brock was eating his trail mix/seeds or whatever, standing by Trey, talking a bit and I was like, "What is the convo rn I wonder.."Brock, is that trail mix?". "Well, no but you are trailin' behind, maybe mix it up by puting me in there." Lol.

Lol that's right, we had Trey drama. Man, he looked like the 3rd wheel at that Raiders pre-season so bad. I mean, you could kinda see it on his face, dunzo. Felt bad for the guy. I was video taping and saying, "It's ok man, shake it off...poor Lance." Then Brock was eating his trail mix/seeds or whatever, standing by Trey, talking a bit and I was like, "What is the convo rn I wonder.."Brock, is that trail mix?". "Well, no but you are trailin' behind, maybe mix it up by puting me in there." Lol.

If I remember correctly, Trey being third string leaked out before it was supposed to. I never understood why Kyle didn't hold off from telling them for a week. I feel like it may of hurt treys trade value too but who knows.

but yeah, last off season had a lot more drama. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 25, 2024 at 2:11 PM ]
If I remember correctly, Trey being third string leaked out before it was supposed to. I never understood why Kyle didn't hold off from telling them for a week. I feel like it may of hurt treys trade value too but who knows.

Lol now ppl are just complaining about Kyle for months on end. Come to think of it, the way they handled the Trey thing, may have hurt his trade value. I didn't think about that. Darnold clearly did better than him but I mean, the guy's confidence was likely shot. Still want good things for the guy..maybe he will shake things up in Dallas lol. He is either the next Aikman or a total dud to Dallas fans haha. They want Dak gone, I think 9er fans speak better of Dak than Dallas fans haha

Lol now ppl are just complaining about Kyle for months on end. Come to think of it, the way they handled the Trey thing, may have hurt his trade value. I didn't think about that. Darnold clearly did better than him but I mean, the guy's confidence was likely shot. Still want good things for the guy..maybe he will shake things up in Dallas lol. He is either the next Aikman or a total dud to Dallas fans haha. They want Dak gone, I think 9er fans speak better of Dak than Dallas fans haha

Dak is just Dallas's version of our Jimmy G. Not literally but figuratively. Dak is obviously better than Jimmy but they have the same issues, which is you can't count on them when needed and crumble when needed most. You can't run the offense through them, they do great when the rest of the team is firing on all cylinders and crush bad teams. Lol

my guess is that dak is going to have a good year, fall short in the playoffs again (lmao) and they'll resign him to a huge contract. That or tag and trade him but I think most likely resign him. They're stuck in mediocrity hell with him and I love it. He isn't good enough to elevate them to the next level but good enough to keep them from being a horrible performing team. Lol

Dak is just Dallas's version of our Jimmy G. Not literally but figuratively. Dak is obviously better than Jimmy but they have the same issues, which is you can't count on them when needed and crumble when needed most. You can't run the offense through them, they do great when the rest of the team is firing on all cylinders and crush bad teams. Lol

my guess is that dak is going to have a good year, fall short in the playoffs again (lmao) and they'll resign him to a huge contract. That or tag and trade him but I think most likely resign him. They're stuck in mediocrity hell with him and I love it. He isn't good enough to elevate them to the next level but good enough to keep them from being a horrible performing team. Lol
It's like the Alex Smith effect we had for years. Fail when we need him, but play good enough to beat the rest of the qb depth
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 25, 2024 at 6:45 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Have you had any chance to throw with WR Jacob Cowing and what do you think he's going to add? A guy with that kind of speed, does he create space out there?
"Yeah, he's quick. He's twitchy. I'm impressed with just the way he's acted and interacted with guys. Very smart, very respectful, and a guy that I could tell he is going to get after it in terms of knowing what his job is. And as a quarterback, I feel like you're always looking for a guy that you can trust. So yeah, I've seen that so far from him. I'm excited to see what he can do just in terms of taking off the top and running downfield and everything once we get to it. So, I'm really excited to have him."
With Aiyuk, Pearsall, and Jacob, I can see Brock being the master of the Long Ball this season. While I don't think he'll break his last years passing records this year (because our defense should be better), he should have more TDs this year or at least have a lower interception rate.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's like the Alex Smith effect we had for years. Fail when we need him, but play good enough to beat the rest of the qb depth

Yup, having that qb that's above average but limited is one of the worst places to be because you'll always be good enough to not bench him but almost never good enough to win it all or compete every year without playing perfect mistake free ball all year. It's pretty much why we haven't won a super since 2011.

if Brock can keep progressing, we will be in excellent position to compete annually. I believe he will
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup, having that qb that's above average but limited is one of the worst places to be because you'll always be good enough to not bench him but almost never good enough to win it all or compete every year without playing perfect mistake free ball all year. It's pretty much why we haven't won a super since 2011.

if Brock can keep progressing, we will be in excellent position to compete annually. I believe he will

Dak ain't limited, he's a pretty good athlete with a good arm. He just folds in the playoffs, he just can't handle pressure well.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Dak ain't limited, he's a pretty good athlete with a good arm. He just folds in the playoffs, he just can't handle pressure well.

In my eyes, that's being limited. Being "limited" isn't just physical - it's mental as well.

if you struggle to handle the mental aspect of playing qb at its highest level, you're limited. So much of being a top notch qb is mental. It's why I say "either you have it or you don't". The physical aspect of playing qb is probably the least important aspect, a ton of guys have great physical skill sets. It's can you lead, can you anticipate, can you process, can you do all of that while under immense pressure, what are your study/work habits (not just working out). Etc.

what makes gauging if a guy will work out as a qb or not is that it's insanely difficult to measure someone's mind and how they see/process stuff.

this is why I always say that having a great physical skill set at qb isn't that important. Your physical tools just need to be good enough, it's really someone's mind that makes a great qb or not.
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 26, 2024 at 6:23 AM ]

Dak Unlimited, a new cologne to celebrate imagination
Dak Unlimited, a new cologne to celebrate imagination

I am looking forward to the outcome of a pre-season where we have competency and stability at QB. Timing between receivers should be improved, OL more integrated, with even better penetration in the running game.
I remember the team in the glory years coming out of training camp like a well- tuned Ferrari, rather than merely evolving throughout the season.
Here's hoping for that same lethality out of the gate this season for this team!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
I am looking forward to the outcome of a pre-season where we have competency and stability at QB. Timing between receivers should be improved, OL more integrated, with even better penetration in the running game.
I remember the team in the glory years coming out of training camp like a well- tuned Ferrari, rather than merely evolving throughout the season.
Here's hoping for that same lethality out of the gate this season for this team!

I'm looking forward to Tanner Mordechai and Joshua Dobbs too in preseason. I think both these guys are younger and more athletic than Brandon Allen. I'm hoping one of these guys unseats Allen and gets that QB squad a bit younger.

I don't know how long we can keep Brian Griese as a 49er coach, but I'm hoping ShanaLynch can get either Steve Young, Alex Smith or Jeff Garcia as the next coach in line to coach Purdy if we lose Brian.
Share 49ersWebzone