There are 207 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Brady won without BB, BB hasn't done anything before or after Brady. It's more QB than anything else

he won without BB, and with Arians. Arians is a NFL COY. 2x,

with BB sure, without the QB he didn't work out, he was missing half the equation.. in 2020 tampa had the full equation and won, vs KC who also had the full equation. those 2 teams squared off..
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on May 29, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Brady won without BB, BB hasn't done anything before or after Brady. It's more QB than anything else

going back to this, just the QB? you could not be more wrong. if it was just the QB, how did TB make 10 SBs and Rodgers 1? a lot of that was coaching.

a lot of great QBs today Josh Allen, or Herbert, you don't see in SBs, cuz they didn't have the coach, certainly not on the Reid level, although now Herbert does.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on May 29, 2024 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

going back to this, just the QB? you could not be more wrong. if it was just the QB, how did TB make 10 SBs and Rodgers 1? a lot of that was coaching.

a lot of great QBs today Josh Allen, or Herbert, you don't see in SBs, cuz they didn't have the coach, certainly not on the Reid level, although now Herbert does.

BB never had another decent qb besides Brady but yes, BB never accomplished much without Brady as a HC. It takes a great duo of head coach and qb to accomplish special things. Even Kyle can't buy a win if he has sub par quarterbacking. Lol

BB was a HOF defensive mind before HC too. So that counts for something. Also, I'd argue outside of that one Tampa year where they built a super team and had the luck of health - those Bucs struggled and head coaching had a lot to do with it, IMO.

I personally think it takes a special HC and QB to do what Brady & BB did together. Brady would have been successful regardless, and so would BB if he found another good qb - but I think they were a perfect match and both amazing at what they did.
Originally posted by tankle104:
BB never had another decent qb besides Brady but yes, BB never accomplished much without Brady as a HC. It takes a great duo of head coach and qb to accomplish special things. Even Kyle can't buy a win if he has sub par quarterbacking. Lol

BB was a HOF defensive mind before HC too. So that counts for something. Also, I'd argue outside of that one Tampa year where they built a super team and had the luck of health - those Bucs struggled and head coaching had a lot to do with it, IMO.

I personally think it takes a special HC and QB to do what Brady & BB did together. Brady would have been successful regardless, and so would BB if he found another good qb - but I think they were a perfect match and both amazing at what they did.

Kyle has demonstrated he is a great HC in my view, although he also seems to have some big game question marks. BP can probably elevate us to the promised land, if he takes his game to even higher levels, which is certainly possible. He is our greatest hope for the ring. I think Kyle needs to allow him to do more, at the line and let it be more Brock's team. Put it on the young man, particularly prior to contract time. See how he handles it, I bet he handles it well.

he won without BB, and with Arians. Arians is a NFL COY. 2x,

with BB sure, without the QB he didn't work out, he was missing half the equation.. in 2020 tampa had the full equation and won, vs KC who also had the full equation. those 2 teams squared off..

If we're being honest Arians had little to do with that team winning it all. Brady basically ran his own offense, recruited a bunch of players to go there to play with him and then went out and even managed to push Arians out the door lol.

Belichick however is an excellent HC but his time has passed him by...mostly due to his age and the fact that teams understand he's on a clock to retire so nobody wants to give him the control he'd demand.

But Bill is one of the top defensive minds in the NFL. Getting a guy like that to go with Kyle would pretty much guarantee a SB.

If I had one question about Kyle is whether he's willing to bring in a DC who could challenge him. Saleh and Ryans worked out pretty well and we'll see how Sorensen does but getting his own Spags/Belichick would be the best way to get a SB ring IMO. I think Kyle had to spend too much time on the defensive side of things in the SB.

lol wut

Rodgers only makes it to one SB is due to himself, not the coach. Gunslinging gamblers make critical mistakes. A lot of QBs do

allen and Herbert are good QBs but are not close to a class of Brady and mahomes

Herbert has nothing to gain from his new HC, it's sink or swim time for him

lol wut

Rodgers only makes it to one SB is due to himself, not the coach. Gunslinging gamblers make critical mistakes. A lot of QBs do

allen and Herbert are good QBs but are not close to a class of Brady and mahomes

you keep digging the hole deeper. 'gunslinging gambler'? that was favre.
why don't you google lowest int percent in NFL history and tell me what happens?

lol wut

To be fair I'm pretty sure McCarthy stole another SB appearance from Rodgers.

If you have Aaron Rodgers and the opposing QB turns the ball over 4 times...you should not be losing that game.

The best way to win a SB is to have a legit QB and defense.

We had two shots at it under Kyle and made too many mistakes in games where the refs were not going to help us out.

In 2019 we had the great defense but went up against a deadly offense with a terrific QB and our QB was not able to make a single play in that 4th quarter to stop the bleeding and keep Mahomes on the sideline. We lost.

This past year we were the weaker defense. And this time our QB would keep getting us the lead but the defense could not do their part to hold it. Very frustrating and annoying given the two polar opposites in how we lost in the end.

Hopefully this year the offense keeps firing on all cylinders and is harder to stop the way KC was able to and we all better hope our defense is back to being a unit that actually saves their best for the end of the year. Oh and we gotta stay healthy!!!

lol wut

why don't you google lowest int percent in NFL history and tell me what happens?
Is INTs the only metric ?

who gifted Brady's SB run in a game where Rodgers had his closest chance at a recent SB?
if you look at KC vs SF thru the lens of QB / HC, you see why we are losing. Reid / Mahomes is #1 in the league in that metric, no surprise they are the active dynasty. Brock elevating his game to insane levels is probably our best hope.

We didn't lose cause mahommes and Reid are exponentially better than us, we had every chance to win that game - we just blew it. Numerous turnovers, not capitalizing in the red zone, didn't take advantage of turnovers etc. we were begging to lose that game - it's a shame but hopefully we win the big one next time

i agree tank. my premise is football there is a lot going on. so more to it than just QB and HC. but if we want to boil it down quickly that's who is doing all the winning. Brady went to 10 Super Bowls, with elite HC. Now KC has the best pairing and is the dynasty. That's the easiest way to predict success, QB and HC. excited to see BP with a true offseason to work on his game

You know what's crazy....

I think Kyle could've taken the 49ers to the Super Bowl with 2017 era Alex Smith, when even Andy Reid couldn't get him to a championship game (that Harbaugh was able to do) after 5 season.

This Andy Reid is getting overrated because of Mahomes, for sure.

lol wut

Is INTs the only metric ?

who gifted Brady's SB run in a game where Rodgers had his closest chance at a recent SB?

i liked Brady as much as anyone, I can admit there is only so good you can play the position, Rodgers played it at or near perfect for his career and got to 1 big game, Brady got to 10. No one is saying Brady is playing the position 10x better than prime Rodgers. Coaching made all the difference. notice my model or theory would predict that. our fortunes probably ride with BP and Kyle.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I think Kyle could've taken the 49ers to the Super Bowl with 2017 era Alex Smith, when even Andy Reid couldn't get him to a championship game (that Harbaugh was able to do) after 5 season.

straight nonsense
straight nonsense

It's a silly comment but I think Kyle's offense is better suited for limited QBs than what Reid has shown throughout his career, if for no other reason than Kyle's commitment to run the ball.

I'd probably also argue that Reid would do a better job than Kyle with a truly great QB because he's more adaptable and his dropback scheme is better.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
if you look at KC vs SF thru the lens of QB / HC, you see why we are losing. Reid / Mahomes is #1 in the league in that metric, no surprise they are the active dynasty. Brock elevating his game to insane levels is probably our best hope.

We didn't lose cause mahommes and Reid are exponentially better than us, we had every chance to win that game - we just blew it. Numerous turnovers, not capitalizing in the red zone, didn't take advantage of turnovers etc. we were begging to lose that game - it's a shame but hopefully we win the big one next time

i agree tank. my premise is football there is a lot going on. so more to it than just QB and HC. but if we want to boil it down quickly that's who is doing all the winning. Brady went to 10 Super Bowls, with elite HC. Now KC has the best pairing and is the dynasty. That's the easiest way to predict success, QB and HC. excited to see BP with a true offseason to work on his game

There is no question about it. Andy is an excellent HC but he's also gotten a lot of luck and excellent big game performances from some of their players.

Chris Jones made two plays in that 2019 SB that if neither is made KC loses that game. Nothing at all to do with Andy.

Chris and McDuffie took things over in this past SB. There was a reason Kelce was screaming at Andy and it wasn't a "great job big guy!"

Mahomes is able to take the game into his own hands and do some really special things out there whether with his legs or his arm and those things have nothing to do with Andy's playcalling or game planning.
Originally posted by genus49:
There is no question about it. Andy is an excellent HC but he's also gotten a lot of luck and excellent big game performances from some of their players.

Chris Jones made two plays in that 2019 SB that if neither is made KC loses that game. Nothing at all to do with Andy.

Chris and McDuffie took things over in this past SB. There was a reason Kelce was screaming at Andy and it wasn't a "great job big guy!"

Mahomes is able to take the game into his own hands and do some really special things out there whether with his legs or his arm and those things have nothing to do with Andy's playcalling or game planning.

Reid is an all time HC, a likely first ballot HOF, and maybe Mt Rushmore type coach.. he's currently 4th all time in wins.

this is from wiki: He is the only NFL coach to win 100 games and appear in four consecutive conference championships with two different franchises.
Share 49ersWebzone