LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 224 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wish it was 1981 all over again.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by tankle104:
If INTs aren't a big deal, then positive plays shouldn't hold any weight.

Point, don't waste your time with how camp goes

lol such an asinine thing to say. How things go actually matters, it's just important to understand how to analyze those things and what to take from different situations.

problem is that a lot of people look at thing black and white, where in reality very few things in life are simple in that way. It's called critical thinking and analyzing. Football is a complex sport with a lot of different things, Good and bad, on each play.
yeah during actual games.. not practice lol

You're right, practice is a waste of time and nothing to be taken from it. lol weird how Kyle values it so much.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I wish it was 1981 all over again.

BUT THE PURDY ERA

11-6 seems like sort of a let down, right? We are apparently favored in every single game and 11-6 would most likely keep us out of the 1 seed race. I'm thinking 13-4 or 14-3 if we stay healthy and focused
If INTs aren't a big deal, then positive plays shouldn't hold any weight.

Point, don't waste your time with how camp goes

lol such an asinine thing to say. How things go actually matters, it's just important to understand how to analyze those things and what to take from different situations.

problem is that a lot of people look at thing black and white, where in reality very few things in life are simple in that way. It's called critical thinking and analyzing. Football is a complex sport with a lot of different things, Good and bad, on each play.
yeah during actual games.. not practice lol

You're right, practice is a waste of time and nothing to be taken from it. lol weird how Kyle values it so much.

The players are to get better from it, so he's not suggesting it's a waste of time.

Trying to over-analyze as an onlooker that won't even have intimate access it is the critique.

WALSH: "He has certain tools and attributes that are very good. He displays remarkable poise. You like a quarterback who has that even keel, not emotional, no highs and no lows. Jim Plunkett had that. Those guys are able to handle adversity and maintain the calm in the huddle. Purdy exhibits that. I like his improvisational skills. He may not be the fastest of all the quarterbacks, but he has a sense of when to move, when to slide up in the pocket, when to whip out the back door, and that is a gift. His memory is good. His instincts are good. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but he doesn't need the greatest arm. Timing is what you need. Joe Montana couldn't throw the deep ball."

WALSH: "Oh yeah. He'd be right up Bill Walsh's alley. And Bill would have worked more on Purdy's footwork. Bill was a footwork guy."
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 1, 2024 at 10:29 AM ]
WALSH: "Oh yeah. He'd be right up Bill Walsh's alley. And Bill would have worked more on Purdy's footwork. Bill was a footwork guy."

Something I find interesting about this comment is that when the cowboys got Trey, the main bad thing McCarthy said about Lance was how bad his footwork was. Now this former OC is saying Brocks footwork can use improvement (not saying it's bad at all). Makes me wonder what kind of emphasis Kyle and his staff put on footwork.

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 1, 2024 at 11:06 AM ]

WALSH: "He has certain tools and attributes that are very good. He displays remarkable poise. You like a quarterback who has that even keel, not emotional, no highs and no lows. Jim Plunkett had that. Those guys are able to handle adversity and maintain the calm in the huddle. Purdy exhibits that. I like his improvisational skills. He may not be the fastest of all the quarterbacks, but he has a sense of when to move, when to slide up in the pocket, when to whip out the back door, and that is a gift. His memory is good. His instincts are good. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but he doesn't need the greatest arm. Timing is what you need. Joe Montana couldn't throw the deep ball."

His interviews are like when they let little kids interview the players during media row during SB

He may not be the fastest of all the quarterbacks, but he has a sense of when to move, when to slide up in the pocket, when to whip out the back door, and that is a gift.

11-6 seems like sort of a let down, right? We are apparently favored in every single game and 11-6 would most likely keep us out of the 1 seed race. I'm thinking 13-4 or 14-3 if we stay healthy and focused

I think it's a pretty realistic prediction with our schedule. 13-4 would be on the super optimistic end for me.
"Would Bill Walsh have wanted Brock Purdy?"

WALSH: "Oh yeah. He'd be right up Bill's alley."

Love this and could not agree more. And interesting note about Trey's footwork..it definitely needed some cleaning up to do. I think Purdy's footwork is fantastic but yeah, nothing really beats Joe on that front. It's just something else to watch. All that being said, honestly, I don't see Trey being a Walsh guy. Don't see that at all really. He would have definitely made him a better qb but honestly, it appears like it would take too much investment time. Not to knock Trey but I don't see the desirable mechanics Walsh would want in a qb. I guess McCarthy sees an opportunity and it may pan out some, who knows.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I think it's a pretty realistic prediction with our schedule. 13-4 would be on the super optimistic end for me.

I think it is as well. I've been going with 10-11 wins. 10 being more conservative, of course. But I think it is at least 10..anything less just doesn't sound right at all lol. Optimistic would be 12 wins for me.
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 1, 2024 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Idk Brees had quite the arm and was quite twitchy. I would say they are pretty similar. I think BP has a bit more ice in his veins though. Both very accurate, decisive, mobile, confident, great leaders. Yes, it's in New Orleans then the next one in Santa Clara. BP holding the trophy up in Santa Clara..I might have to bring the kleenex to that watch party lol.

Oh and F☆CK DALLAS, especially, 90s Dallas lol
I feel the same
Share 49ersWebzone