LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Brock is healthy. SO that means we as fans can break down his wobble balls and curvatures and all that this offseason like we did with our ex-QB trey LANCE

Tough to do. I think Brock throws one of the tightest spirals with the most catchable ball in all of the NFL.

This. Very few wobblers from Purdy.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Joe Montana didn't even start ahead of freakin Steve DeBerg until half way through his second season. His first championship was his third year. Brock is not behind Joe yet. And again, if Brock is lacking toughness, or anything else Joe had, share it with me on film.

Both Brock and Kyle are on a pretty good trajectory - career wise - when compared to Walsh and Joe. I think Brock is plenty tough and compares favorably in that department to any of our past elite QBs.

These offseason polls are pretty much to generate buzz and attention when there isn't really any news activity in the offseason. To me, they are worthless when comparing to actually watching the player play in a real football game.

Kyle is imo the best offensive mind in the game today bar none. He is not the best Head Coach. He needs to apply himself more to preparing the whole team, and game management from a macro perspective. He's certainly smart enough to do it, but he hasn't learned to step back and study the forest for the trees.

I have no criticism whatsoever on what Brock is doing to get VI.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 3, 2024 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Short of his numbered placement at 17th (which I definitely don't agree with), I think Simms' pretty accurately described Brock's strengths and weaknesses and his performance last season, generally. There's no doubt he puts a premium on physical skills, but I don't think his comments were out of bounds.

I think Chris Simms is just trying to not show his biased for Shanahan and the 9ers. FWIW he talks pretty positive of the 9ers throughout the season. So I agree not out of bounds.

I think Simms can rank Purdy closer to single digits and not be seen as biased for Shanahan.....lol.

If Simms was boys with Andy Reid, would he rate Mahomes 7th or something? LOL.
Joe Montana didn't even start ahead of freakin Steve DeBerg until half way through his second season. His first championship was his third year. Brock is not behind Joe yet. And again, if Brock is lacking toughness, or anything else Joe had, share it with me on film.

Both Brock and Kyle are on a pretty good trajectory - career wise - when compared to Walsh and Joe. I think Brock is plenty tough and compares favorably in that department to any of our past elite QBs.

These offseason polls are pretty much to generate buzz and attention when there isn't really any news activity in the offseason. To me, they are worthless when comparing to actually watching the player play in a real football game.

Kyle is imo the best offensive mind in the game today bar none. He is not the best Head Coach. He needs to apply himself more to preparing the whole team, and game management from a macro perspective. He's certainly smart enough to do it, but he hasn't learned to step back and study the forest for the trees.

I agree wth your take, the problem I have with Kyle and needed coaching improvements. Brock is young, his first year with all offseason to work on improving what Chris Simms is saying. I think Brock will wow all of us this year. I'm warming up to the offseason additions minus the Right tackle issue. Hopefully McKivitz improves so we can see what Brock can do.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jun 3, 2024 at 4:32 PM ]
Retooled and reschooled, this late round gem in Brock Purdy gonna eat up the league this year.

Brock gonna be a intellectual beast with all the niformation he has learned over the last year.

We gonna see Brock up there in MVP discussions every year for his playing life.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Brock is healthy. SO that means we as fans can break down his wobble balls and curvatures and all that this offseason like we did with our ex-QB trey LANCE

Tough to do. I think Brock throws one of the tightest spirals with the most catchable ball in all of the NFL.

This. Very few wobblers from Purdy.

is this wobble the good kind of wobble or the bad amount of wobble and why does aiyuk keep dropping easy ball since jimmy g atlanta game?

Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Retooled and reschooled, this late round gem in Brock Purdy gonna eat up the league this year.

Brock gonna be a intellectual beast with all the niformation he has learned over the last year.

We gonna see Brock up there in MVP discussions every year for his playing life.
And a few SB's would be great.
Affirmation of Pride.

Get ready for the Niners to bring home the ring this season.

And Purdymania to hit all time record levels.
Chris Simms is the dumbest asshat of them all

Originally posted by Cg9erSF:

I'm willing to bet that the way he managed the Super Bowl, specifically OT, has ate at him and he will improve a lot from it. He seems to be the type to improve upon his failures. Only hurdle he has left is to win it all and next year is as good of a year as man. Muahahah
Brock will be a great when he steps away from the game.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brock will be a great when he steps away from the game.

RonnieGPT
I'm not sure what that means but all I am referencing is my upside opinion on Brock.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I think Simms can rank Purdy closer to single digits and not be seen as biased for Shanahan.....lol.

If Simms was boys with Andy Reid, would he rate Mahomes 7th or something? LOL.

This. Lol

Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm willing to bet that the way he managed the Super Bowl, specifically OT, has ate at him and he will improve a lot from it. He seems to be the type to improve upon his failures. Only hurdle he has left is to win it all and next year is as good of a year as man. Muahahah

Meh 2020 should have really eaten at him and made sure he didn't screw up again..but I digress.

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Chris Simms is the dumbest asshat of them all

Has a few lug nuts loose on his wheel for sure

Purdymania! I like it.
Share 49ersWebzone