LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 291 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The term "Generational Player" has alot of significance behind it, term-wise. Would like a few more games for that, some of them without the best weaponry in the league,...so I dont jump the gun and expect too much, maybe?"

I mean players can be League MVP and not necessarily be generational players. That's big billing that has enough data to back it up.

I like when titles like that are earned the hard way instead of given out like candy.

But whatever enjoys your viewing experience, I guess.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 6, 2024 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Jimmy's biggest problem was not being able to stay healthy. Thats what Kyle's biggest reason was for trading up for Trey Lance.

Jimmy's other problem was his lack of mobility specially after his knee injury.

Purdy is Jimmy but just a much higher level at every dimension in terms of Quarterbacking, Durability and mobility.

His biggest problem is he couldn't read defenses at a high level. That's the biggest difference with Brock.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the Brock Purdy thread. Back to that.

Yup Brock is Brees, just *Younger!*

He throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He throws touchdowns and wins games.

.. and he's a damn good player.
Holy hell Nick Wright.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Holy hell Nick Wright.

Putting a guy at #5 who has never thrown a football in the NFL. No argument with the top 4. But he is setting himself up to look stupid with that #5. But that's nothing new for Nick Wright. Brock is already made him look stupid and will continue to make him look more stupid.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Putting a guy at #5 who has never thrown a football in the NFL. No argument with the top 4. But he is setting himself up to look stupid with that #5. But that's nothing new for Nick Wright. Brock is already made him look stupid and will continue to make him look more stupid.

you gave him a plug for it too. when are more clicks for a media hound ever stupid? #MissionAccomplished
Not clicking on anything with Nick not-so-Bright. Hard pass.

Originally posted by random49er:
The term "Generational Player" has alot of significance behind it, term-wise. Would like a few more games for that, some of them without the best weaponry in the league,...so I dont jump the gun and expect too much, maybe?"

I mean players can be League MVP and not necessarily be generational players. That's big billing that has enough data to back it up.

I like when titles like that are earned the hard way instead of given out like candy.

But whatever enjoys your viewing experience, I guess.

Lol BP has worked very hard and not given out like candy.."without some of the best weaponry in the league"..this sounds like the same old tired talking point ppl have brought up..dumb AF one at that.

Cause nobody can find any negative things about Purdy..so ppl just make up the dumbest chit to talk about lol. Don't expect anything. Just enjoy the ride.
I think this year will be the GREATEST SHOW ON GRASS. Like Kurt Warner was the greatest show on turf. There are really lots of weapons. It's his 3rd year. While he was already good at processing. The 3rd year is typically the biggest jump. Especially for a QB. He had 4,280 yards in 16 games. If he plays 17 you are looking at easily 4,500. Maybe a bump for the 3rd year is 4,700 and more TD's. 31 TD's and 11 Interceptions could also be better.

It's not ridiculous with these weapons and adding another in the 1st round to consider this. 4,600 - 4,700 yards. 40 TD's, 12 Interceptions. I think something like that is possible. It will be increasingly difficult for idiots like Nick WRONG to say he's not good. This year he will be solidified as a really excellent young NFL QB. With no questions asked. Assuming he stays healthy. It would help for Trent Williams and Aaron Banks to stay healthy too. The left side especially which is our best side. You need protection and health too.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Holy hell Nick Wright.

evidence pointing to Caleb being a bust keeps piling up

Even ranking C J Stroud that high after one season playing an easy schedule is a little shaky. I'm not saying he isn't good but I've seen way too many young QBs have a great first season and even 2 great seasons and then just fade. It used to be that they would say you need 3 seasons to evaluate players. Not it seems like it's always in the moment.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Even ranking C J Stroud that high after one season playing an easy schedule is a little shaky. I'm not saying he isn't good but I've seen way too many young QBs have a great first season and even 2 great seasons and then just fade. It used to be that they would say you need 3 seasons to evaluate players. Not it seems like it's always in the moment.

very true, you have to adapt once they figure out how to play you
Originally posted by random49er:
you gave him a plug for it too. when are more clicks for a media hound ever stupid? #MissionAccomplished

Is more clicks better than losing all credibility? At what point does a person's opinion no longer have any merit?
What would Purdy be ranked right now if he was drafted #1 overall?

The media doesn't like being wrong, but Purdy has already proved everyone wrong. Give the man his flowers!!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What would Purdy be ranked right now if he was drafted #1 overall?

The media doesn't like being wrong, but Purdy has already proved everyone wrong. Give the man his flowers!!

Where do you think he should rank? Feel like this question and answer (at least the one I think is coming) is relevant to the argument in the other thread.
Share 49ersWebzone