LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 243 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Agree 💯%, no argument there. I think he can be as good as 2nd - if this year he takes a *normal* jump for a third year QB. I don't fault anybody doubting Brock since he's only played 2 years, but for me, and from what I've experienced and seen of Joe, Steve, Jeff, and the rest of the 49er QB's. He's definitely up there with Joe and Steve from an accuracy, processing, and mobility point of view.

He definitely has the ability and traits. In my eyes, all he needs to do is keep doing what he's doing and gradually improve at what he's already good at.

The issue with guys like cousins, dak, jimmy etc, is that they never really took the next jump (IMO). They are kind of the same player they've always been. Never became field generals. They may have improved stats but never really improved their ability. What we expected out of those guys 4-5+ years ago is the same stuff expected out of them now - which means they haven't really become better players.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by random49er:
you gave him a plug for it too. when are more clicks for a media hound ever stupid? #MissionAccomplished

Is more clicks better than losing all credibility? At what point does a person's opinion no longer have any merit?

When you stop quoting them and contributing to their success?

Never in my life have I quoted that Nick guy on anything.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 6, 2024 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
He definitely has the ability and traits. In my eyes, all he needs to do is keep doing what he's doing and gradually improve at what he's already good at.

The issue with guys like cousins, dak, jimmy etc, is that they never really took the next jump (IMO). They are kind of the same player they've always been. Never became field generals. They may have improved stats but never really improved their ability. What we expected out of those guys 4-5+ years ago is the same stuff expected out of them now - which means they haven't really become better players.

Right, exactly. They just are stagnant imo. BP seems continually focused on improving. And you do see those improvements on tape. He just grows, matures, adjusts. He also seems smart as a whip and has tons of passion and drive. Sometimes, when I watch other qbs, I feel like they are just playing the part..playing the game but no real passion behind it. With Purdy, it's there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

Right, exactly. They just are stagnant imo. BP seems continually focused on improving. And you do see those improvements on tape. He just grows, matures, adjusts. He also seems smart as a whip and has tons of passion and drive. Sometimes, when I watch other qbs, I feel like they are just playing the part..playing the game but no real passion behind it. With Purdy, it's there.

Agree with both of you. The NFL is filled with the newest defensive concepts this year - the Spagnulo and Baltimore zone blitzing defenses. Once we have that kind of defense on our team, and Brock can practice recognizing those complex zone blitz concepts, he'll be light years faster in reading those defenses.
Originally posted by Montana:

Yeah, I think he gives off that obsessive love for the game. Like manning, Brady, Bree's oozed. You could just tell they were obsessed over absolutely everything in regards to becoming as great as possible - that's how Brock strikes me. He still has to go out and continue to prove it but I'm not worried if he will or not. It's a major reason why I'm so excited to continue watching him play, I feel like we are watching something extremely special and as a fan who's mainly see. Alex, Kap, Jimmy etc…. That's a dream come true. lol
Agree with both of you. The NFL is filled with the newest defensive concepts this year - the Spagnulo and Baltimore zone blitzing defenses. Once we have that kind of defense on our team, and Brock can practice recognizing those complex zone blitz concepts, he'll be light years faster in reading those defenses.

Yup! I think his biggest improvement this year will be improving upon how fast he dissects a defense and where to go with the ball - for example, how he diced up the cards defense (the system that hurt him in Philly) and how well he did against the cowboys this time around after the playoffs giving him struggles the year before.

he seems to grow, adapt, and improve extremely fast once he's experienced a defense. Couple that with the two extremely quick, precise, and great handed guys we added for the slot… those man coverages that gave us fits with Baltimore and KC will be much easier to play against. Just need our o line protection to improve
Throws an extremely catchable ball
😍😍🥲

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Yup! I think his biggest improvement this year will be improving upon how fast he dissects a defense and where to go with the ball - for example, how he diced up the cards defense (the system that hurt him in Philly) and how well he did against the cowboys this time around after the playoffs giving him struggles the year before.

he seems to grow, adapt, and improve extremely fast once he's experienced a defense. Couple that with the two extremely quick, precise, and great handed guys we added for the slot… those man coverages that gave us fits with Baltimore and KC will be much easier to play against. Just need our o line protection to improve

If Aiyuk signs, and I'm pretty confident he will be signed, this is looking like another super star and Superbowl caliber offense. Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC *and* Pearsall. It's an offense that's going to be very tough to stop. Having said that, our eventual super bowl appearance will most likely be determined by defense yet again. Last two times we faced KC, it was the defense that failed us. Not all Kyle's fault as the defense had unforeseen injuries (Dee Ford and Greenlaw)

Yeah and we had some of those bounce of the hands other teams as well…hopefully he's working on throwing with a little more juice this yr. Some floaters out there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah and we had some of those bounce of the hands other teams as well…hopefully he's working on throwing with a little more juice this yr. Some floaters out there.

Specifically the Baltimore game. Bad day in paradise
If Aiyuk signs, and I'm pretty confident he will be signed, this is looking like another super star and Superbowl caliber offense. Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC *and* Pearsall. It's an offense that's going to be very tough to stop. Having said that, our eventual super bowl appearance will most likely be determined by defense yet again. Last two times we faced KC, it was the defense that failed us. Not all Kyle's fault as the defense had unforeseen injuries (Dee Ford and Greenlaw)

I think we have a Super Bowl offense for sure. Should easily be top 3 again this year if everyone stays healthy.

I'm curious what the bridge to be gaped is in the Aiyuk deal. I think it's usually structure and guaranteed money, not necessarily AAV, but who knows. There have been some pretty big deals out of no where (at least to me) that change things. I'm curious how far into camp this holdout goes.
Share 49ersWebzone