LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 261 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean he's not the "same height" as those guys. He's short as far as QB goes. He's got a thick lower half though.

He's the same height/weight as Mayfield. I was saying I didn't realize how small Williams given how the media views him as generational.

Brock has Trex arms lol. Makes him look extra compact.

Mockdraftable says his arms are 29" lol 1st percentile
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:
If Aiyuk signs, and I'm pretty confident he will be signed, this is looking like another super star and Superbowl caliber offense. Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC *and* Pearsall. It's an offense that's going to be very tough to stop. Having said that, our eventual super bowl appearance will most likely be determined by defense yet again. Last two times we faced KC, it was the defense that failed us. Not all Kyle's fault as the defense had unforeseen injuries (Dee Ford and Greenlaw)

I think we have a Super Bowl offense for sure. Should easily be top 3 again this year if everyone stays healthy.

I'm curious what the bridge to be gaped is in the Aiyuk deal. I think it's usually structure and guaranteed money, not necessarily AAV, but who knows. There have been some pretty big deals out of no where (at least to me) that change things. I'm curious how far into camp this holdout goes.

It will probably go as far - timewise - as Deebo's and Bosa's deal. Both didn't sign until the last minute. Aiyuk will be paid generously but *fairly* for his services. NY85 and AB81RULES say it all, they always say - look at guaranteed payment not APY salary when looking at the final deal. As you and many others have said, the leverage is with the 49ers.

unmistakable.

unmistakable.

Originally posted by Giedi:
It will probably go as far - timewise - as Deebo's and Bosa's deal. Both didn't sign until the last minute. Aiyuk will be paid generously but *fairly* for his services. NY85 and AB81RULES say it all, they always say - look at guaranteed payment not APY salary when looking at the final deal. As you and many others have said, the leverage is with the 49ers.

I don't think Brock is a big guy but I also don't think he's small like some make him out to be. Hes very thick too. He's the same height as guys like Rodgers, mahommes, hurts etc.

I mean he's not the "same height" as those guys. He's short as far as QB goes. He's got a thick lower half though.

He's the same height/weight as Mayfield. I was saying I didn't realize how small Williams given how the media views him as generational.

Well all within an inch, not a material difference. So shorter but all about the same.

Lol I just find it funny how if someone is 72.63 inches (brock) vs 74.13 inches (pat) - ones a big guy and ones small in some peoples eyes.

but yeah, Williams isn't a big guy. I think he is going to struggle big time his rookie year until he adapts to nfl defenses. He can't do half the stuff he would attempt at USC. I think he's a great throwing talent but I question his vision as a qb.

Brock has Trex arms lol. Makes him look extra compact.

Yes yes....he lasted so long for a reason.
Well all within an inch, not a material difference. So shorter but all about the same.

Lol I just find it funny how if someone is 72.63 inches (brock) vs 74.13 inches (pat) - ones a big guy and ones small in some peoples eyes.

An inch and a half is a sizeable difference in sports. It's going to alot of time point to wingspans that have an even larger gap between players.

They are "markers",....and they are useful markers,...make no mistake about it.

Doesn't mean a Doug Flutie wont still come along every now and then.
Originally posted by random49er:

An inch and a half is a sizeable difference in sports. It's going to alot of time point to wingspans that have an even larger gap between players.

99% of players In sports over time inflated their height and weight. Specifically in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. It's harder now a days. Brock is almost exactly same size as Steve young and Montana (if you look into their true size and not what was reported on their team size, it's inflated)

I'm not saying Brock isn't riding that line of being on the shorter end of what QBs are desired to be but it doesn't change the fact that a ton of all time greats are 6 foot to 6'2. Brock is a hair under 6'1. So I just don't view it as any issue or concern what so ever.

Rodgers even came in at 6'1 1/2 at the combine. Lol
mahommes came in at 6'1 and some change.

lol anyways. None of this matters. Brock's height is what it is.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 8, 2024 at 6:00 PM ]
brock made so many ridiculous plays on this game to pull it off. I've went back and rewatched his plays from it a couple times and there were so many that I forgot about.

awesome performance when it was needed most. Aiyuks bouncing catch was awesome too. I always wondered why they pick up the flag on that play. I think it was PI on the defense.

Originally posted by random49er:

99% of players In sports over time inflated their height and weight.

Well that's a different subject. I assumed you were discussing official measurements.
brock made so many ridiculous plays on this game to pull it off. I've went back and rewatched his plays from it a couple times and there were so many that I forgot about.

awesome performance when it was needed most. Aiyuks bouncing catch was awesome too. I always wondered why they pick up the flag on that play. I think it was PI on the defense.

Juice with those feet though, looked like a ballerina, in a good way. Perfect play.

Remember when ppl were freaking out if he could throw a deep ball or not? Lol.
Originally posted by Montana:
Juice with those feet though, looked like a ballerina, in a good way. Perfect play.

Remember when ppl were freaking out if he could throw a deep ball or not? Lol.

Lmao yeah, those stats are impressive cause he didn't start off the year too hot on them. I think the second game of the year, rams, he missed like 3 wide open deep tuddies. He just needed to get his confidence in his arm back - the fatigue etc and build that chemistry. He was much improved as the year went on

Yea Brock's first half against Det wasn't really bad either, we just couldn't get going. He was making plays like finding Juice off schedule, and did the same thing with Aiyuk too, but Aiyuk dropped it of course. That's what makes me hesitant on Aiyuk. He rarely comes up with catches like that
Share 49ersWebzone