LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 259 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by tankle104:
brock made so many ridiculous plays on this game to pull it off. I've went back and rewatched his plays from it a couple times and there were so many that I forgot about.

awesome performance when it was needed most. Aiyuks bouncing catch was awesome too. I always wondered why they pick up the flag on that play. I think it was PI on the defense.

Yea Brock's first half against Det wasn't really bad either, we just couldn't get going. He was making plays like finding Juice off schedule, and did the same thing with Aiyuk too, but Aiyuk dropped it of course. That's what makes me hesitant on Aiyuk. He rarely comes up with catches like that

Yeah, his first half wasn't bad but wasn't great either. It was okay. It was really the defense that played ATROCIOUSLY. lol their effort, really the lack of, was embarrassing.

i really think aiyuk is an awesome reciever all around but i do question paying him $28M a year. Obviously it all depends on the structure and guaranteed money. We will see how it plays out. If we resign him, we can spread the money out over a long period of time, so it should be fine.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 9, 2024 at 9:40 AM ]
Yeah, his first half wasn't bad but wasn't great either. It was okay. It was really the defense that played ATROCIOUSLY. lol their effort, really the lack of, was embarrassing.

i really think aiyuk is an awesome reciever all around but i do question paying him $28M a year. Obviously it all depends on the structure and guaranteed money. We will see how it plays out. If we resign him, we can spread the money out over a long period of time, so it should be fine.

Same. I am hopeful about Ricky P. I am actually looking more forward to this guy connecting with Purdy than I am BA atm. BA I like on routes, sometimes he has messed up on the routes though and has had some drops. No player is perfect, of course. Our qb comes close;). If BA is asking for a really huge bag..well, there are other of WRs out there, idk. And we have a damn good qb, so. I think the FO will pay him but I wouldn't be upset if they let him go, if they can't come to an agreement. Would suck some but it's not like the guy is Jerry.
Originally posted by Montana:

Same. I am hopeful about Ricky P. I am actually looking more forward to this guy connecting with Purdy than I am BA atm. BA I like on routes, sometimes he has messed up on the routes though and has had some drops. No player is perfect, of course. Our qb comes close;). If BA is asking for a really huge bag..well, there are other of WRs out there, idk. And we have a damn good qb, so. I think the FO will pay him but I wouldn't be upset if they let him go, if they can't come to an agreement. Would suck some but it's not like the guy is Jerry.

I just think we have a really strong set of WRs and I REALLY REALLY like the two guys we drafted, Pearsall & cowing. Having Deebo, kittle, CMC, Pearsall, Jennings, Cowing and whoever else isn't bad.

I agree though, I won't be upset if we pay him (I'll be happy for the guy) but I'd also understand wanting to put that money elsewhere. I just don't view WRs as the most important piece to a chip, especially when you already have solid ones.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I just think we have a really strong set of WRs and I REALLY REALLY like the two guys we drafted, Pearsall & cowing. Having Deebo, kittle, CMC, Pearsall, Jennings, Cowing and whoever else isn't bad.

I agree though, I won't be upset if we pay him (I'll be happy for the guy) but I'd also understand wanting to put that money elsewhere. I just don't view WRs as the most important piece to a chip, especially when you already have solid ones.

Personally, I think TE is the most important position in Kyle's offense.
Originally posted by Giedi:

And Brock loves throwing to TEs. Sucks Kittle got banged up a bit last season.

I really like our WR line-up, again, if BA goes..I won't be shattered. Bummed but not shattered. We can definitely use the money elsewhere.

I'm going with LT.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

And Brock loves throwing to TEs. Sucks Kittle got banged up a bit last season.

I really like our WR line-up, again, if BA goes..I won't be shattered. Bummed but not shattered. We can definitely use the money elsewhere.

Yup. He does. The thing about TE's is that they have to know all the offensive line blocking assignments. It's a pre-requisite for the Kyle Shanahan offense that every player knows the assignments of the other 10 players. In addition to all the offensive line blocking assignments, TE's have to know all the pass routes that the WR's and the rest of the team runs. That's a boatload of stuff to know for a skill position. TE's are the next closest thing to a QB in Kyle's offense in terms of overall knowledge IMO.

Personally, I think BA will be signed. ShanaLynch wants that sixth 🏆!
Originally posted by random49er:

I'm going with LT.

Judging what happened in the superbowl, I'm going with RG. lol

Lol ugh. I can't even watch that game again and I probably won't lol
I just don't view WRs as the most important piece to a chip, especially when you already have solid ones.

definitely, Brady and PM have won SBs recently with nobodies at WR, Eagles too.

I have never, and never will, rewatch a game where I know we lose. Especially an important game. lol I'd rather die
Originally posted by babarvaart:
I just don't view WRs as the most important piece to a chip, especially when you already have solid ones.

definitely, Brady and PM have won SBs recently with nobodies at WR, Eagles too.

Brady won those SBs in an NFL that is no longer here.

Hell his last SB his WRs were loaded with Evans, Godwin and Antonio Brown as his top 3 guys...and had Gronk at TE. That's a pretty damn elite squad.

Eagles had Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith who are pretty solid WRs, especially when you have a great running game with a great OL blocking for you and a good 2 TE set with Ertz and Burton.

So for us, until we solidify the OL as a strength having top level WRs is a smart thing to have.

I have never, and never will, rewatch a game where I know we lose. Especially an important game. lol I'd rather die

You can't accurately talk about a game without rewatching it in detail. As painful as it is way too many people don't go back and rewatch and talk about it from memory.

My opinion during watching the game on TV was very different from my opinion now after I went back and looked at key plays and moments in the game.
Originally posted by genus49:

Hell his last SB his WRs were loaded with Evans, Godwin and Antonio Brown as his top 3 guys...and had Gronk at TE. That's a pretty damn elite squad.

Eagles had Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith who are pretty solid WRs, especially when you have a great running game with a great OL blocking for you and a good 2 TE set with Ertz and Burton.

So for us, until we solidify the OL as a strength having top level WRs is a smart thing to have.

, get real. he has been out of football 1 season.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by genus49:

, get real. he has been out of football 1 season.

I'm talking about his first 3 but ok...
Share 49ersWebzone