There are 195 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Yeah, his first half wasn't bad but wasn't great either. It was okay. It was really the defense that played ATROCIOUSLY. lol their effort, really the lack of, was embarrassing.

i really think aiyuk is an awesome reciever all around but i do question paying him $28M a year. Obviously it all depends on the structure and guaranteed money. We will see how it plays out. If we resign him, we can spread the money out over a long period of time, so it should be fine.

Same. I am hopeful about Ricky P. I am actually looking more forward to this guy connecting with Purdy than I am BA atm. BA I like on routes, sometimes he has messed up on the routes though and has had some drops. No player is perfect, of course. Our qb comes close;). If BA is asking for a really huge bag..well, there are other of WRs out there, idk. And we have a damn good qb, so. I think the FO will pay him but I wouldn't be upset if they let him go, if they can't come to an agreement. Would suck some but it's not like the guy is Jerry.

I just think we have a really strong set of WRs and I REALLY REALLY like the two guys we drafted, Pearsall & cowing. Having Deebo, kittle, CMC, Pearsall, Jennings, Cowing and whoever else isn't bad.

I agree though, I won't be upset if we pay him (I'll be happy for the guy) but I'd also understand wanting to put that money elsewhere. I just don't view WRs as the most important piece to a chip, especially when you already have solid ones.

Personally, I think TE is the most important position in Kyle's offense.

I'm going with LT.

Second that... there are no throws to a TE without a good LT.
Originally posted by genus49:
You can't accurately talk about a game without rewatching it in detail. As painful as it is way too many people don't go back and rewatch and talk about it from memory.

My opinion during watching the game on TV was very different from my opinion now after I went back and looked at key plays and moments in the game.

Lol be my guest.

I rewatched the XLVII s**tshow and didn't change my opinions at all. Rewatched the last half of the LIV s**tshow..didn't change my opinions. It just strengthened them..and still wanted to dump my TV into the river. No thanks lol
You can't accurately talk about a game without rewatching it in detail. As painful as it is way too many people don't go back and rewatch and talk about it from memory.

My opinion during watching the game on TV was very different from my opinion now after I went back and looked at key plays and moments in the game.

Lol be my guest.

I rewatched the XLVII s**tshow and didn't change my opinions at all. Rewatched the last half of the LIV s**tshow..didn't change my opinions. It just strengthened them..and still wanted to dump my TV into the river. No thanks lol

Sorry I was implying you should understand what you're watching.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Judging what happened in the superbowl, I'm going with RG. lol

Lol ugh. I can't even watch that game again and I probably won't lol

I have never, and never will, rewatch a game where I know we lose. Especially an important game. lol I'd rather die

Agree 💯%, but watching even snippets of the missed three-pete game is just heartbreakingly painful. I still can replay it in my mind just as it happened even decades ago. Football PSDT is a .
Need more BP news lol

Lol ugh. I can't even watch that game again and I probably won't lol

I have never, and never will, rewatch a game where I know we lose. Especially an important game. lol I'd rather die

No argument there. Lol but I mean to like sit down and rewatch from start to finish. If I'm reviewing a portion of the game, to remember exactly what happened, I'll just skim to that.
Need more BP news lol

For real.

todays mine and Joe Montana's birthday!
Need more BP news lol

did you see the new corn seed commercial?
Need more BP news lol

Brock is 8th in the league in merchandise sales. 2nd on the team behind CMC who is 5th.
Nailed it!! LOL

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Brock is ready to destroy the so called KC Dynasty!
The 49ers still have enough pieces to contend, and Purdy is young enough to continue looking for his first Super Bowl ring. But the biggest problem might be that Mahomes and the Chiefs aren't done yet.
Kansas City has already hoisted the last two championships and it's going after the next one to complete an unprecedented three-peat in NFL history. That's what is keeping Mahomes, Andy Reid and Travis Kelce motivated after so much success.
The Chiefs are a rising dynasty in the league, and no one knows when it will end. Their first title came in February 2020, and only Tom Brady (twice) and Joe Burrow have been able to stop Mahomes so far. Will Purdy get to join that list this year?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-warns-patrick-mahomes-chiefs-rest-of-nfl-ahead-of-2024-season/ar-BB1o2NQt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=402aa97fa0a243d69851126fe27bc3a6&ei=12
The 49ers still have enough pieces to contend, and Purdy is young enough to continue looking for his first Super Bowl ring. But the biggest problem might be that Mahomes and the Chiefs aren't done yet.
Kansas City has already hoisted the last two championships and it's going after the next one to complete an unprecedented three-peat in NFL history. That's what is keeping Mahomes, Andy Reid and Travis Kelce motivated after so much success.
The Chiefs are a rising dynasty in the league, and no one knows when it will end. Their first title came in February 2020, and only Tom Brady (twice) and Joe Burrow have been able to stop Mahomes so far. Will Purdy get to join that list this year?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-warns-patrick-mahomes-chiefs-rest-of-nfl-ahead-of-2024-season/ar-BB1o2NQt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=402aa97fa0a243d69851126fe27bc3a6&ei=12

I sure hope so, but I feel it's less on Purdy. KC seems to be Kyle's kryptonite.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I sure hope so, but I feel it's less on Purdy. KC seems to be Kyle's kryptonite.

Dallas was Young's kryptonite but he eventually beat them. The hardest part for the Chiefs will be getting back to the SB. They only play 11 games on Sunday. The rest are on other days which makes the schedule a little weird.
  • thl408
The only thing that can prevent a KC three peat is a Swift/Kelce breakup. They must be stopped.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Dallas was Young's kryptonite but he eventually beat them. The hardest part for the Chiefs will be getting back to the SB. They only play 11 games on Sunday. The rest are on other days which makes the schedule a little weird.

At some point someone inside the AFC other than the Bengals are gonna need to step up.
Share 49ersWebzone