LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 212 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Chris Simms ranking and Jordan Love would have easily won the Super Bowl. I've never seen a guy get more praise for LOSING and CHOKING in the Playoffs than Love. You would think he won the game based on how they talk about him.

Here's the convo

I love how he doesn't bring up that Love had a guy WIDE OPEN for an easy TD that game and his really only other big play was off a PI. Neither QB played great that game imo.

Same dude who called Brock a lesser Mac Jones last year. So he's basically a talking head now who knows f**king with the 49ers fanbase will have his takes spread all over - good or bad it's interaction.
The Chris Simms ranking and Jordan Love would have easily won the Super Bowl. I've never seen a guy get more praise for LOSING and CHOKING in the Playoffs than Love. You would think he won the game based on how they talk about him.

Here's the convo

I love how he doesn't bring up that Love had a guy WIDE OPEN for an easy TD that game and his really only other big play was off a PI. Neither QB played great that game imo.
Simms is a s**tbird.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Here's the convo

Simms is a s**tbird.

Actually Love played better in his 2 playoff games than he did in the regular season. His completion %was over 67% compared to 64% during the regular season. QB rating was over 108 compared to 96. I still don't think he's better than Purdy by any measurement other than actual height.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I'll never not find the packers niners game funny with people s**tting on Brock for some almost turnovers but then love had actual terrible turnovers that cost them the game and it was "wow what a game from love!! So close!"

Yeah it's pretty weird and obscene.
Simms saying Brock should have thrown 7 picks in that Packers game shows what an idiot he is. He could have said 1 or 2 but he says 7. Remember this is the guy who was inlove with Kellen Mond and had Zach Wilson as the best QB of that draft class.

The problem with Simms is all rankings are based on physical tools and not production. So he never takes into equation IQ, reading defenses, accuracy, processing, toughness, leadership etc etc. Nope he goes off of how big and strong you are and how fast you are. He probally never had Tom Brady as the best QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:

Here's the convo

Same dude who called Brock a lesser Mac Jones last year. So he's basically a talking head now who knows f**king with the 49ers fanbase will have his takes spread all over - good or bad it's interaction.

Because Brock Purdy in the rain rolls out, throws across his body in double coverage with the game on the line, right Chris. WTF is up with all these dumb ass analyst!!!! You could also argue that if the 9ers had Love at the helm they would have easily missed the playoffs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Simms saying Brock should have thrown 7 picks in that Packers game shows what an idiot he is. He could have said 1 or 2 but he says 7. Remember this is the guy who was inlove with Kellen Mond and had Zach Wilson as the best QB of that draft class.

The problem with Simms is all rankings are based on physical tools and not production. So he never takes into equation IQ, reading defenses, accuracy, processing, toughness, leadership etc etc. Nope he goes off of how big and strong you are and how fast you are. He probally never had Tom Brady as the best QB.

When the f**k did Simms turn into Nick Wright? Yes the 49ers have a stacked roster, but the QB still has to make the right decisions.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

His track record is pretty good as far as projecting incoming rookies. He's had his share of misses just like everybody else.

He puts a premium on physical tools, there's no question. But he also values the mental side of the game as well, otherwise Brock would be much lower than he is. The other thing that's probably working against Brock in his rankings is exactly how much weight he puts in his best friend's ability to make QB's look good. Kyle deserves a ton of credit for Brock and his work with other QBs.

That said, I think Chris has him too low. He'll move up in the rankings if he builds on his performance last year and finishes stronger.
No matter what he said, Chris Simms can't quit being Kyle's best friend
Did Brock Purdy date Chris Simms' mom or something?

Originally posted by genus49:

Here's the convo

To me, Brock had a really gritty second half and made some big time plays. The first half was rough, not good.

In my opinion, loves only good plays were when our CBs fell/drew a penalty. Outside of that, he really sh!t the bed. Loves decision making at the end was complete trash. Where as Brock played his best at the end there.

Brock didn't have a good first half but really came through in the second half. Wasn't his best performance but a really gritty one and did what he needed to do.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Did Brock Purdy date Chris Simms' mom or something?

Must of been banging his nieces/daughters two at a time and kicked his dog when he left. lol dude is on a crusade
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Kyle needs to tell Chrissy Sims to smooch his big ole a*s.

for an idea on cost
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

for an idea on cost

Start backing up 7 Brinks trucks for Brock
Share 49ersWebzone