LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 231 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
when it's contract time were all gonna turn into steve ruiz

Speak for yourself. Those of us who have accurately recognized his skill level thus far, know that Brock will command elite QB money. Unless he regresses substantially, that dude is getting paid.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's not 3yrs though it's 4. It's an extension not a FA signing.

Again look at the structure I posted yr to yr. It's doesn't equal the $24M that people were mad about let alone the $20M per we're talking about. I don't care what he got in real cash, that's between him and Jed. I care about the breakdown cap wise and it wasn't as "horrible" as people complained about…per usual

complaining about APY is dumb, at least we agree there

Yes. We only give a sh** about cap hits as fans. How much money are we allowed to use to sign better players so we can win?

Anything beyond that is being nosey.
Originally posted by Chance:
Speak for yourself. Those of us who have accurately recognized his skill level thus far, know that Brock will command elite QB money. Unless he regresses substantially, that dude is getting paid.

Right and I am defo not going to turn into Ruiz, yikes! Lol.

BPB Big Payday Brock..it's coming 💰

Finally, a qb where it feels good to pay the guy lol
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
when it's contract time were all gonna turn into steve ruiz

As long as Brock has his best year and shows growth - he'll be worth it. I just hope that what ever structure he does, is team friendly. Which im sure it will be. With all these qbs getting burrow type money, that def aren't too notch qbs, it's only a matter oftime till Brock gets a fat check.

Would be awesome if he signed a 7+ year long deal to give the team flexibility like mahommes did.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
At this rate if Brock has an MVP like season and takes this team deep let alone a SB win finally dudes gonna ask for 60 annually. Money blinds most people but I really hope he has a Brady mentality and looks out for the team. I know he's been working on pick 262 money but damn hope the endorsements are hitting

I'm not too worried about the CAP. If the 49ers draft well, they will continue to keep on winning. KC won despite Patrick being on his second contract. Key for KC was being able to replace/draft players with other players to get them over the top. I don't think the 49ers are going to short change Brock or make him accept a team friendly deal. There will be fair negotiations where both sides have a win/win agreement. Of course the 49ers will try to protect the franchise from cap danger, but they will have already have a good plan in place since they usually plan 3 years ahead for the cap.
Originally posted by tankle104:
As long as Brock has his best year and shows growth - he'll be worth it. I just hope that what ever structure he does, is team friendly. Which im sure it will be.

How are you sure it will be? Just curious what constitutes a team-friendly contract, and how you know it.

e.g.,...was Lawrence's new deal team-friendly? Why or why not?
Originally posted by random49er:
As long as Brock has his best year and shows growth - he'll be worth it. I just hope that what ever structure he does, is team friendly. Which im sure it will be.

How are you sure it will be? Just curious what constitutes a team-friendly contract, and how you know it.

e.g.,...was Lawrence's new deal team-friendly? Why or why not?

For example, the triple/quadruple/quintupple bonus structure. Lawrence did something no ones done before, which is the quintupple. He has money pushed out until 2032 with his structure. The first four-five years are very low Cap hits.

They have an out after 4-5 years with zero dead cap etc.

There are ways to pay these guys and structure it out so it's friendly to the team. The issue comes down to guaranteed money and how that money is paid out (signing bonus? Bonus option after certain years etc?)

The first three years of Lawrence deal is super low Cap hits (less than $24M a year). Jumps to $35 in 2027 and $47M in 2028. All extremely affordable, especially with how much the caps expected to go up over that time span. Then after 2028, they have an out with 0 dead cap. It's not a terrible deal. I think he's over paid but not a terrible deal
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 15, 2024 at 1:06 PM ]
The first three years of Lawrence deal is super low Cap hits (less than $24M a year). Jumps to $35 in 2027 and $47M in 2028. All extremely affordable, especially with how much the caps expected to go up over that time span. Then after 2028, they have an out with 0 dead cap. It's not a terrible deal. I think he's over paid but not a terrible deal

I think it goes without saying,...but with the way the money is pushed out, you do see it as a team-friendly deal (since money is pushed out until 2032), correct?

I just want to know the markers to look out for with Brock's deal.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 15, 2024 at 4:19 PM ]
I still can't believe goldilocks got 55 mil lol..not even close to Purdy's level of playing. It's like paying $10 for a Tina's frozen burrito.
Originally posted by Montana:
I still can't believe goldilocks got 55 mil lol..not even close to Purdy's level of playing. It's like paying $10 for a Tina's frozen burrito.

Who is Tina and why are her burritos frozen?

eagerly awaiting for my mind to be blown by Brock 3.0.... I wonder what Brock is up to today? I need some action, man!
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Who is Tina and why are her burritos frozen?

Tina makes burritos and chimichangas. Frozen to keep that high quality freshness. If only she made salsa.

Originally posted by BP13:
eagerly awaiting for my mind to be blown by Brock 3.0.... I wonder what Brock is up to today? I need some action, man!

It is probably quad day at the gym.

Guy should get an El Pollo Loco deal..cause the dude has crazy legs lol.

I can't wait for BP to upstage the Rodgers comeback:).
Originally posted by random49er:

I think it goes without saying,...but with the way the money is pushed out, you do see it as a team-friendly deal (since money is pushed out until 2032), correct?

I just want to know the markers to look out for with Brock's deal.

I personally think so, AB would be a better source for that. He knows way more about this than I do. But this is my understanding:

When you have a longer contract, like mahommes does, it gives the team a ton of flexibility to move money around, convert some to signing bonus, create void years, stretch signing bonus over 5 or so years. It can also be reworked, which can help the player get proper market value and then that can create mechanisms to where the team can continue to spread the money out over further time. Things like option bonuses help with how they can account for the money over a time period too (it's become a lot more popular in recent years - Hurts did a triple bonus structure and Lawrence just did a quintuple bonus structure.)

team friendly to me is more of giving the structure in a contract that gives the organization flexibility to help with the salary cap. Brock could probably run a super hard bargain regarding guaranteed money, and I don't think we could blame him, but that makes it a little harder on the cap. Like watsons fully guaranteed contract - the Browns have like 5-6 straight years of $60M+ cap hits just for Watson. Which is hindering them because he blows. It's mainly why he's even considered for the starting role right now and they can't afford an adequate replacement.

He could also take a little less than he can demand, but I don't think that's likely. So our best bet would be to get a longer deal and see what the signing bonus and guaranteed money is.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 15, 2024 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Nice Job Lynch. Still could of used someone like McKinley at Safety or Jobe to compete at the CB position. Career practice squad player with NO potential.

This didn't age well.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Nice Job Lynch. Still could of used someone like McKinley at Safety or Jobe to compete at the CB position. Career practice squad player with NO potential.

This didn't age well.

Hahaha Ice cold take!

I'll admit, I thought it was a dumb pick at the time cause the odds of him becoming anything, even throwing a regular season pass was next to 0. lol I thought taking a guy to be a special teamer made more sense.

Thank god im not the GM and that we took Brock! One of the coolest stories in nfl history.
Share 49ersWebzone