LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 279 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I argued this earlier

because he wasn't a top pick and lacks the height/weight/speed that is so coveted amongst draft nerds.

we all know this and honestly need to stop caring, brock is great and his arrow is up.

Hnow do we not know this by now.

Joe burrow doesn't have any of that either…he's not big, fast or super tall. He doesn't have a cannon either (that was a knock on him during the draft process). Toss in the "small hands" issue he has as well lol.

Burrow has one monster season at LSU with Chase and JJ as his WRs and gets to go #1. He's a good QB, but I don't think he possess anything better than what Brock has.
Joe burrow doesn't have any of that either…he's not big, fast or super tall. He doesn't have a cannon either (that was a knock on him during the draft process). Toss in the "small hands" issue he has as well lol.

Burrow has one monster season at LSU with Chase and JJ as his WRs and gets to go #1. He's a good QB, but I don't think he possess anything better than what Brock has.

Draft status and he carries himself and acts like a star. Early success with a s**t franchise including success against the league's premier team.

Plus he's an awesome player.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Draft status and he carries himself and acts like a star. Early success with a s**t franchise including success against the league's premier team.

Plus he's an awesome player.

So take away the draft status and what's the difference? Joe went 2-7 his rookie year before getting hurt.

Dude has had great offensive talent around him for a couple years. He gets praise for being a good QB. Brock gets s**t on and said it's everyone else around him.

I don't see any real difference in their games. Neither has a superior talent over the other. Honestly I think Brock is more athletic.
So take away the draft status and what's the difference? Joe went 2-7 his rookie year before getting hurt.

Dude has had great offensive talent around him for a couple years. He gets praise for being a good QB. Brock gets s**t on and said it's everyone else around him.

I don't see any real difference in their games. Neither has a superior talent over the other. Honestly I think Brock is more athletic.

I was just explaining the reasons why I feel Burrow gets more attention than Brock does. Dude was drafted 1 overall, has had success, and is 'cool'. Smokes cigars, talks some s**t, is outwardly confident.

Brock is more of the ultra humble awe shucks guy outwardly. I fully believe he's extremely confident as well though he doesn't show it in the same way.

That said, I think Burrow is obviously more talented than Brock and a better QB fundamentally right now. I definitely agree Burrow isn't supremely talented like Allen, Mahomes, or Herbert.
It's 100% draft bias this fanbase gotta stop being upset about this crap. Brock will keep showing out and the doubters will look dumber and dumber and their numbers will get smaller and smaller.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
I argued this earlier

because he wasn't a top pick and lacks the height/weight/speed that is so coveted amongst draft nerds.

we all know this and honestly need to stop caring, brock is great and his arrow is up.

Hnow do we not know this by now.

That's the point, if Brock had gone higher in the draft, say 1st or 2nd round, there wouldn't be these horrible takes regarding his talent.
Originally posted by genus49:
It's 100% draft bias this fanbase gotta stop being upset about this crap. Brock will keep showing out and the doubters will look dumber and dumber and their numbers will get smaller and smaller.

agreed. i'm long past caring anymore, i'm already convinced he's top 10 or top 5 right now. he's a baller. what chris simms and other say about him is just funny to me tbh.
I was just explaining the reasons why I feel Burrow gets more attention than Brock does. Dude was drafted 1 overall, has had success, and is 'cool'. Smokes cigars, talks some s**t, is outwardly confident.

Brock is more of the ultra humble awe shucks guy outwardly. I fully believe he's extremely confident as well though he doesn't show it in the same way.

That said, I think Burrow is obviously more talented than Brock and a better QB fundamentally right now. I definitely agree Burrow isn't supremely talented like Allen, Mahomes, or Herbert.

How is he more talented? I don't see a single throw that he does that Brock can't do. Neither has cannons, neither are physically elite, both are elite pre/post snap, both have had top end offensive talent around them…one gets praise beyond believe and the other gets mostly s**t on for being in a good situation.

I like Joe a lot, if I had to pick a QB not named Mahomes, burrow would be up there. Overall I also don't see much of a difference between either guy outside of where they were drafted.
That's the point, if Brock had gone higher in the draft, say 1st or 2nd round, there wouldn't be these horrible takes regarding his talent.

I feel like your draft status should be gone once you've played well for an extended amount of time. I feel like kittle was called one of the best TEs in the NFL after his second season in the league…no one gave a s**t about him being a day 3 pick.
Originally posted by genus49:

agreed. i'm long past caring anymore, i'm already convinced he's top 10 or top 5 right now. he's a baller. what chris simms and other say about him is just funny to me tbh.

No I get it…I mean he's gonna get a massive contract and those folks are gonna dig in even more about how avg he is. For me I always thought his upside was basically Joe Burrow 2.0 and I think he's already there

How is he more talented? I don't see a single throw that he does that Brock can't do. Neither has cannons, neither are physically elite, both are elite pre/post snap, both have had top end offensive talent around them…one gets praise beyond believe and the other gets mostly s**t on for being in a good situation.

I like Joe a lot, if I had to pick a QB not named Mahomes, burrow would be up there. Overall I also don't see much of a difference between either guy outside of where they were drafted.

Neither have cannons but Joe is a bigger man with a stronger arm. I think Brock has one of the weakest arms in the league among the starters and Joe is probably right about average. Mobility is comparable, probably a slight quickness edge to Brock which I think is probably mitigated by Burrow's awareness and pocket movement.

Burrow has a better WR group but I'd argue Brock's surrounding talent is still better including the running back and TE. I think he plays in a better offense with a better run game. I also think Burrow is better post snap than Brock and is probably more accurate as well.
Neither have cannons but Joe is a bigger man with a stronger arm. I think Brock has one of the weakest arms in the league among the starters and Joe is probably right about average. Mobility is comparable, probably a slight quickness edge to Brock which I think is probably mitigated by Burrow's awareness and pocket movement.

Burrow has a better WR group but I'd argue Brock's surrounding talent is still better including the running back and TE. I think he plays in a better offense with a better run game. I also think Burrow is better post snap than Brock and is probably more accurate as well.

what make burrow better 'post snap'?

Idk if I've ever seen Chris simms have a decent take, honestly. I always wonder how he is in the line of work he is - dude is just horrible at it. Lol

Burrow is probably my favorite non-niner qb. When burrow is healthy, I think he's easily top 3 - Mahommes, Allen, Burrow.

burrow doesn't have any eye popping physical features but he's a baller, tough, and makes guys around him better. That Super Bowl run was impressive.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Idk if I've ever seen Chris simms have a decent take, honestly. I always wonder how he is in the line of work he is - dude is just horrible at it. Lol

to be fair i think it's on purpose. privately i think he knows brock is top 5, but it makes for better engagement if he puts him #17

this is why i keep my niner coverage to mainly maiocco and lombardi. i just can't do the hot takes anymore.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jun 17, 2024 at 10:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone