LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 277 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ugh Elway lol

Not crowning Stroud but I would choose him to be a top 5-7 qb as of right now. So, if that is crowning idk lol. I would say I am 82% sold on the guy. Specific lol.

9ers vs Texans in the SB would gave been so fun! But noooooo lol. Same ol BS, we play KC and choke haha
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 18, 2024 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Chance:
The argument is whether he has a weak arm, not a great arm. From all the throws I've seen, I haven't seen a weak arm. Average, sure. Great, no. Weak, no.

I'm not trying to argue back and forth about his arm strength mainly because I don't think it's a critical skill to be a good QB. He has enough arm strength to run an offense. It's still one of the weakest arms in the league. His motion is long. Burrow doesn't have a cannon but he is an effortless thrower. You can see him flick a 40 yard pass going across his body moving to his left or hit a 60 yard pass in the air with a simple step into the throw. Brock isn't doing either. It's ok.

Joe is that you?
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think it's ok to be Optimistic on Brock. After a severe arm injury he just blows up a ton of 49er QB records. Now he's 💯% healthy and has a whole offseason to rep with his WR's. He's got some offensive line talent infusion and some WR talent infusion. I don't see him dropping off this year. I'm really excited to see Aiyuk, Pearsall, Deebo, Jauan, Kittle etc... with a possibly redesigned offense to take advantage of Brock's more familiarity with the offense.

All of this.

He looks really healthy, bulking up.. and all that prep time, more familiarity with the team, becoming even more comforable..I mean the dude could srsly be downright scary in a good way this year. I sure as heck wouldn't want to play against the Niners lol.

MNF against Rodgers /Jets

45 SF
24 Jets

LGGGGGGG lol

That would be great but you're very much underestimating the Jets defense.
Originally posted by genus49:
Joe is that you?

Is it me?
Originally posted by genus49:
That would be great but you're very much underestimating the Jets defense.

It was meant to be fun lol

But screw it..40 burger on the Jets IDC haha
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I think it's ok to be Optimistic on Brock. After a severe arm injury he just blows up a ton of 49er QB records. Now he's 💯% healthy and has a whole offseason to rep with his WR's. He's got some offensive line talent infusion and some WR talent infusion. I don't see him dropping off this year. I'm really excited to see Aiyuk, Pearsall, Deebo, Jauan, Kittle etc... with a possibly redesigned offense to take advantage of Brock's more familiarity with the offense.

All of this.

He looks really healthy, bulking up.. and all that prep time, more familiarity with the team, becoming even more comforable..I mean the dude could srsly be downright scary in a good way this year. I sure as heck wouldn't want to play against the Niners lol.

MNF against Rodgers /Jets

45 SF
24 Jets

LGGGGGGG lol

Absolutely agree. The offense will have much more dimensions when your QB is more experienced in the system. You can add a lot more stuff that defenses will have a hard time specifically handling depending on their level of personnel and type of scheme.

Kyle's offenses needs a QB that is smart and accurate, and processes fast. Brock perfectly fits Kyles offense. Reminds me of Elway playing under Mike Shanahan. Elway's long ball stats actually declined in Mike's short passing game from previous years. Last year, Patrick's stats are very comparable to Brock's stats.
2 elway mentions on one page, you guys are asking for it..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JaMarcus Russell was one of the most talented prospects, and I've seen a lot of arm talent from Zach Wilson. TB12 is on record saying that kind of talent isn't what being NFL QB is all about. If you look at Brady the traits that pop are leadership and work ethic. I believe Brock has both.

To me, what sticks out when I look at the all time greats - isnt their physical ability. Sure some have great physical traits like Marino/Elway etc

but what I usually see is great leadership, work ethic, obsessive love for game, excellent pre and post snap reading, excellent processing, excellent accuracy, intense competitiveness, insatiable desire to improve and win. There are more but I'm essentially saying is that as long as their physical tools meet a certain criteria, the physical tools won't make or break how great they will be or can be.

now if you can find a 6'5, cannon arm, and speedy/quick with all those mentioned above - that's ideal. But I'll take a 6'1 guy with a good arm and shifty with those traits over a guy who doesn't have all those traits but great physical traits.

If Brock can get to where Montana was in the brain category we'll be in great shape long term. One reason it was so difficult to stop Montana was his great instincts for the game. He knew when the blitzes would be called, when the stunts would be called, and audible to the correct counters.

Brock isn't there yet to override some of Kyles crap playcalls, but hopefully he'll grow into that this year.

Not my fave qb, that is for sure lol

Smokin' the competition. You gotta love it.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Man o man if Purdy is even half a Tom Brady!

"The draft sets expectations for players but they are human beings," says Pioli. "There's lots of factors that come into their development.
"Most of what we liked about Tommy [Brady] was his developmental skills and make-up. People call them intangibles - things like intelligence, work ethic, focus.
"We thought that in time, in our programme, he would develop. But there has to be this confluence of timing, circumstance, situation, and then opportunity. It was right for Tommy - and it's right for Brock Purdy now."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/articles/cp6g294jxxgo

"The draft sets expectations for players but they are human beings," says Pioli. "There's lots of factors that come into their development.
"Most of what we liked about Tommy [Brady] was his developmental skills and make-up. People call them intangibles - things like intelligence, work ethic, focus.
"We thought that in time, in our programme, he would develop. But there has to be this confluence of timing, circumstance, situation, and then opportunity. It was right for Tommy - and it's right for Brock Purdy now."

amen, happy tuesday to you sir

Thanks for this. Love seeing Brock next to Tom too . He does have the work ethic of Brady, the skills of Brees, the leadership and coolness of Montana, legs like, well the Man of Steel.

Ok that is enough of me throwing flowers at Brock's feet..at least for the hour haha

Not my fave qb, that is for sure lol

Smokin' the competition. You gotta love it.

Too bad it doesn't count because it's all SHANNY's system and not his own abilities.

does that mean he gets 3.5 sb wins?
Share 49ersWebzone