LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 252 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Funny thing is some people will use that as a knock on Purdy...ignoring the fact that he had the 3rd best non PA passing QB rating.
Originally posted by genus49:

Funny thing is some people will use that as a knock on Purdy...ignoring the fact that he had the 3rd best non PA passing QB rating.

Yup, I was a little surprised to see that honestly. Overall SF needs to work on its drop back passing imo. It kinda is an issue when we're forced to make straight drop backs. That's a Kyle thing

Yup, I was a little surprised to see that honestly. Overall SF needs to work on its drop back passing imo. It kinda is an issue when we're forced to make straight drop backs. That's a Kyle thing

Can we get any more stats? I'm not knocking you but the stat heads keep coming up with more and more ways to measure players. The only stat that matters is wins. Brock keeps winning.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 19, 2024 at 11:46 AM ]

I'd venture that when most teams are forced to throw, the success rate is lower than usual. I don't think that's a Kyle thing.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I'd venture that when most teams are forced to throw, the success rate is lower than usual. I don't think that's a Kyle thing.

Agree, I think it's more a pass protection thing.

Am I blind? Where is Mahomes on this list?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Am I blind? Where is Mahomes on this list?

If you click the picture, the full chart will be shown. Mahomes is two slots under Burrow and had identical passer ratings in both categories.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree and it's also a measure of how dangerous the 49er run game was. I think the 49er run game was around 3rd in the NFL last year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Can we get any more stats? I'm not knocking you but the stat heads keep coming up with more and more ways to measure players. The only stat that matters is wins. Brock keeps winning.

So did Jimmy G when he was here.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agree, I think it's more a pass protection thing.

Which is also a Kyle thing since he's the guy building the roster end of the day.

What stuck out to me most is how awesome Brock purdy is. 3rd best drop back passer rating (with an average drop back passing o-line), and an even better play action rating.

He drops back at an amazing level, but play actions at a Superman level, therefore proving he is propped up by his team and scheme 🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️

Never heard of him
Not going to click on any negative click bait link about BP..lol they really need to come up with different stuff but they can't, so they just rehash the same ol tired lines. 😴

Can't wait to see this guy get the trophy!

I need more Purdy news 🫠
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 20, 2024 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

Never heard of him

Fixed*
Never heard of her
Share 49ersWebzone