LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 230 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
as he is from Berkeley, I like Goff. nice to see him get recognition. he's a solid / good QB. he's got a lil of the Jimmy issue of he's up the creek if the play breaks down or requires something off schedule. pretty statuesque. he benefits from a great OL, great ground game, and WR who is elite at sitting down open vs zone. Campbell has done great work building up a sad franchise into a strong squad. they are no doubt gunning for us, as we ended their season.

We'll walk over that team if we can play the kind of defense we did late in 21 and through 22. I'd put Goff in the same bucket as Jimmy, though I think he's a better passer.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
My current ranking

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Purdy
4. Allen
5. Burrow
6. Stroud
7. Jackson
8. Love
9. Goff
10. Stafford

11. Herbert
12. Tua

You got #1 correct

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
as he is from Berkeley, I like Goff. nice to see him get recognition. he's a solid / good QB. he's got a lil of the Jimmy issue of he's up the creek if the play breaks down or requires something off schedule. pretty statuesque. he benefits from a great OL, great ground game, and WR who is elite at sitting down open vs zone. Campbell has done great work building up a sad franchise into a strong squad. they are no doubt gunning for us, as we ended their season.

We'll walk over that team if we can play the kind of defense we did late in 21 and through 22. I'd put Goff in the same bucket as Jimmy, though I think he's a better passer.

it's a pretty dynamite team, from 2 great backs, great OL, WR play, TE play, Hutchinson is the real deal and they keep adding to their front seven and secondary. I expect their secondary to be a lot better. No Kindle Vindor to pick on. or whatever his name was..
it's a good list, it's hard to rank these guys all over the NFL, and each guy has a unique situation
Rodgers will have a fine campaign, he's also 40 and coming off major injury and a DNP season. so i would certainly take him down the list a ways. i also like Herbert more than Goff. I don't really like Tua much. I like Lamar, Hurts, and I think a guy in line for a bounce back, is Lawrence.

honestly once you get past the top 5 it gets tough and really subjective

i know herbert is a qb darling for a lot of people but he's just meh for me, maybe with harbaugh he makes a huge jump

i know herbert is a qb darling for a lot of people but he's just meh for me, maybe with harbaugh he makes a huge jump

i think QB and HC are great predictors and I like Herbert and Harbs a lot in terms of what they can do so I expect big things from LAC, maybe even super things, if you catch my drift
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Crazy how he's 1/2 that has 100+ on both sides (cousins).

Goff is a really crappy qb when he's pressured (worse than most when they get pressured IMO). He completely falls off.

problem is they have an awesome o line. Lol if we can do what you said, our defense play awesome defense again, I really like our chances.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Goff is a really crappy qb when he's pressured (worse than most when they get pressured IMO). He completely falls off.

problem is they have an awesome o line. Lol if we can do what you said, our defense play awesome defense again, I really like our chances.

I'm just not automatically counting them as a legitimate SB contender again this season. I won't be surprised if they are, but they weren't good enough for me to just assume they'll be deep in the playoffs again. I'd like our chances even if we don't get back to having an elite defense (as long as our offense remains great).
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Did Brock Purdy date Chris Simms' mom or something?

He just ground and pounded her, never texted back after. His feelings are just hurt.

same way Cowherd was upset about Trey Lance with his daughter.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I'm just not automatically counting them as a legitimate SB contender again this season. I won't be surprised if they are, but they weren't good enough for me to just assume they'll be deep in the playoffs again. I'd like our chances even if we don't get back to having an elite defense (as long as our offense remains great).

The big unknown variable, IMO, for a lot of these young NFC teams is how will they play now that they're expected to play great and compete for a chip. How will they handle the media scrutiny when they inevitably struggle at times?

I think the lions are one of the best teams in the NFC but we will see if they improve or decline.

I think our offense will be even better, which will be impressive. Brock going into his third year (second full season starting). Historically (outside of Jimmy) Kyle's QBs have had massive jumps in performance in the second full season under Kyle.

I don't really count his rookie year in the equation cause he didn't really get any reps until late in the year. I'm really excited to see how he does.

Ground and pound? Lol

Yeah, I think there is going to be a refinement and maturation in crafts of both Kyle and BP as their relationship continues. It feels like a good, balanced and complementary marriage, one that doesn't dry up, ends up in a split, where one party ends up as a bitter LA Rams player haha.

I think both Kyle and BP will get more comfortable, confident and kick ass. It will be fun to watch.
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 21, 2024 at 6:50 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
We all know that JG's problem was injuries. He just couldn't stay healthy.

He was healthy in that SB dud. This is a negative. Wasn't very good down the field and made a TON of stupid mistakes over and over.

[ Edited by random49er on Jun 21, 2024 at 8:18 AM ]

i think QB and HC are great predictors and I like Herbert and Harbs a lot in terms of what they can do so I expect big things from LAC, maybe even super things, if you catch my drift

I know what you mean and that is a little scary when you think about it. Coach Harbaugh is more like Mike Tyson, while everyone else is trying to be Floyd Mayweather. LOL

Harbaugh wants elite O-line & D-line players. I don't think he cares about much more than that, maybe LB's & RB's? I'm just glad he's not in the NFC.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I know what you mean and that is a little scary when you think about it. Coach Harbaugh is more like Mike Tyson, while everyone else is trying to be Floyd Mayweather. LOL

Harbaugh wants elite O-line & D-line players. I don't think he cares about much more than that, maybe LB's & RB's? I'm just glad he's not in the NFC.
lol harbaugh is glass joe
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

lol harbaugh is glass joe

LOL I love it, old school MT punch out!
Share 49ersWebzone