LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 194 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Ground and pound? Lol

Yeah, I think there is going to be a refinement and maturation in crafts of both Kyle and BP as their relationship continues. It feels like a good, balanced and complementary marriage, one that doesn't dry up, ends up in a split, where one party ends up as a bitter LA Rams player haha.

I think both Kyle and BP will get more comfortable, confident and kick ass. It will be fun to watch.

LOL excuse my French, Montana.

yeah, sometimes I think it's easy to forget they've only been together for 1.5 seasons (of playing calling for Brock). This is Brock's first year to truly study the system and practice it (couldn't physically practice it last year).

I really think we are going to see a more efficient, crisp, decisive offense. It's going to be beautiful
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Can we get any more stats? I'm not knocking you but the stat heads keep coming up with more and more ways to measure players. The only stat that matters is wins. Brock keeps winning.

So did Jimmy G when he was here.

We all know that JG's problem was injuries. He just couldn't stay healthy. If he had stayed healthy they probably wouldn't have reached for Lance and might not have drafted Purdy.

Agree with this, cause Jimmy had a pretty good year in 2019. If he had stayed healthy, I doubt they draft Trey Lance. But I think they still would've drafted Purdy, there was no real back up.

It's funny how RGIII was drafted high, but it was Cousins that worked out. Same with drafting Trey, it was Purdy that worked out. I wonder if they copied that draft move of taking two shots at the same position -- and went with Puni/Kingston, Latu/Willis and Pearsall/Cowing. It would be a bit funny if it was Kingston, Willis, and Cowing that become all pro vs Puni, Latu, and Pearsall. 🤔
Will Kyle ever allow this?

maybe one day lol

maybe one day lol

I think so, BP has the trust of the team and Kyle already. BP has a lot of Tom going on for sure:). Hearing Tom talk, Brock has the Brady awareness. He just does. This is so awesome!
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 21, 2024 at 9:57 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

maybe one day lol

I think so, BP has the trust of the team and Kyle already. BP has a lot of Tom going on for sure:). Hearing Tom talk, Brock has the Brady awareness. He just does. This is so awesome!

QB and coach are a team, in my opinion. They save each other's buttocks if the other screws up. Just that Brock - last year - didn't have that confidence yet to overrule Kyle. Its not that Kyle doesn't allow Brock to call audibles, its that Brock himself - lacking the experience and confidence - would defer to Kyle vs changing the play like Brady would.

maybe one day lol

So I'm curious - I've heard that Kyle puts the responsibility of the o line protection on the center. Is that common or unusual?

im hoping that Kyle will eventually build the faith, trust, cohesion with Brock that he allows Brock to make those kind of decisions. It's hard to become a legitimate field general qb when you don't have that kind of final say. It'll be interesting if we see Kyle do this with Brock. If not this year, maybe next, when he has even more experience seeing various defenses.
Originally posted by Giedi:
QB and coach are a team, in my opinion. They save each other's buttocks if the other screws up. Just that Brock - last year - didn't have that confidence yet to overrule Kyle. Its not that Kyle doesn't allow Brock to call audibles, its that Brock himself - lacking the experience and confidence - would defer to Kyle vs changing the play like Brady would.

Brady didn't do that kind of audible stuff, at least at a field general level, early on. I would say it wasn't until 2006 or so is when he really started taking over that kind of control on the offense. Which makes sense, takes experience and confidence.
Originally posted by tankle104:
So I'm curious - I've heard that Kyle puts the responsibility of the o line protection on the center. Is that common or unusual?

im hoping that Kyle will eventually build the faith, trust, cohesion with Brock that he allows Brock to make those kind of decisions. It's hard to become a legitimate field general qb when you don't have that kind of final say. It'll be interesting if we see Kyle do this with Brock. If not this year, maybe next, when he has even more experience seeing various defenses.

I imagine he will. He just needed to find a player capable of handling that. Didn't have Matt long enough to give him that responsibility and none of his other QBs were mentally capable.

no days off baby. Not for badass Brock!

Me or does he keep getting more ripped? His neck even looks thicker and his legs look even more thick in white. Dang lol. Marry his best friend, so sweet 🫠. He seems like such a good guy.

HIM
Already pickems available..not too long now lol

Some say BP will cool off but that isn't what I am seeing. I see fire 🔥

9ers stud out with Brock, 14-3

LFGGGGGGG
I just saw the article at the top about NFL owners considering a separate cap for QB. I've been advocating this for at least 3 years. I've mentioned it several times on this forum. I suggested that they just exempt QB salaries from the cap so they could afford to pay a decent backup. The owners have the power to do this and I'm sure the players union wouldn't mind since it just means more money for the other players. It will be interesting to see if this gains any support. It's clear that the current trajectory of QB salaries is going to present a problem if they don't take some action.

I'm not totally sure. Like to know what Matt LaFleur side with Rogers? Same scheme, but you know he has full command of that offense.

it's just weird to me that the center would have control of all the protections. Like he can see a safety coming downfield. Kyle has got to keep evolving the offense and getting his soon to be expensive QB more control. All

i'd argue that kyler murray works harder. don't bother fact checking that, trust me.
Share 49ersWebzone