There are 177 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brock took a week to get back to the grind after the SB lost. Kinda like Rice after the a loss in NFCCG. Took me at least 2months to get over a game we should've won with the talent on the team against the Chiefs.

For real, I couldn't have anything niner in my life for at least 6 weeks. Lmao

its cool that it motivates him and he got into hard core grinding. Hopefully it helps a chip come to fruition this year.

I just cried into my Brock jersey, for the second time lol. I couldn't look at it for a while after that..made me sad. Yeah, took me about 2 months? But 3 months to hear the word, "49ers" and not get sad. Lol. If it wasn't in Vegas, maybe I wouldn't have been as bummed but damn.

Onto the next though.
Brock lifts the trophy in Santa Clara baby.

IIRC, the Center calling protections is fairly common and hardly unique to Kyle.

Interesting article from 2012:

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2018/11/07/coachs-view-explaining-pass-protection-adjustments-patriots-mike-calls

"In most cases, the offensive line can handle calls at the line of scrimmage that adjust the protection to handle the most dangerous threats first. The quarterback is the one that adjusts the protection when the blitz is uncovered by the alignment of the secondary."
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean Ryan has been a good pro QB for a while. It's an assumption but I'll bet he called protections prior to Kyle being there with success.

It could be just how Kyle runs his offense…if that's the case the value of a great center is that more important to this system.

also I agree it has nothing to do with blaming anyone…schemes should change and evolve though. Seems like we tend to have more of an issue with teams that blitz a ton with good man cover DBs. Adapt if you want to take the next step.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Giants have us a hard time, KC, Baltimore etc. I think it's best to give Brock some control here, and I believe that'll happen. Just don't know when.

it also could have a lot to do with our center? He isn't terrible but nothing great either. I'm really intrigued with the guy we picked up in UDFA - would be awesome if we found a little gem there.

we could def use an upgrade at center and maybe some slight scheme evolution. I think Brock is more than capable of handling it - just not sure if/when the right time for it is.
Originally posted by captveg:
IIRC, the Center calling protections is fairly common and hardly unique to Kyle.

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2018/11/07/coachs-view-explaining-pass-protection-adjustments-patriots-mike-calls

"In most cases, the offensive line can handle calls at the line of scrimmage that adjust the protection to handle the most dangerous threats first. The quarterback is the one that adjusts the protection when the blitz is uncovered by the alignment of the secondary."

Interesting article with some really good info. It's 12 years old but still some relevant info.

what was interesting is that Jimmy was knocking Kyle, when he went to the raiders, for not being allowed to call protections. I wonder how much that had to do with him not trusting Jimmy and it just being his system.

Interesting article with some really good info. It's 12 years old but still some relevant info.

what was interesting is that Jimmy was knocking Kyle, when he went to the raiders, for not being allowed to call protections. I wonder how much that had to do with him not trusting Jimmy and it just being his system.
not all QBs can do it is the issue. You need high multiple seasons in the same system to be able to break down the calls at the line.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

not all QBs can do it is the issue. You need high multiple seasons in the same system to be able to break down the calls at the line.

Agree, it's that old cat & mouse game, and you have to have the experience to play that game well.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I agree that you need an experienced and mentally savvy qb. Youd want a handful of years under their belt, I'd imagine.

im not arguing that kyle should put that responsibility on brock right now. Im just more so curious if it's something Kyle will eventually do if he has a long term sustained relationship with a qb - which is realistically not something he's ever had. I think schaub is the qb he's had the longest (he was only the OC for two seasons there and 1 as the qb coach a year before that).
I agree that you need an experienced and mentally savvy qb. Youd want a handful of years under their belt, I'd imagine.

im not arguing that kyle should put that responsibility on brock right now. Im just more so curious if it's something Kyle will eventually do if he has a long term sustained relationship with a qb - which is realistically not something he's ever had. I think schaub is the qb he's had the longest (he was only the OC for two seasons there and 1 as the qb coach a year before that).

It's a real question. In the meantime, Kyle can work to improve his protection and design schemes in the dropback game.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It's a real question. In the meantime, Kyle can work to improve his protection and design schemes in the dropback game.

My interpretation of us selecting Pearsall and Cowing is that he feels like he doesn't have that security blanket at WR who can get open in an instant in short yardage - the Edelman/Walker type to help.

i mean we have CMC but if he's covered well - we really don't have a great outlet who's known to get open super fast and quick. Usually requires some like kittle/deebo/Aiyuk to do a drag route.

im hoping we see more quick outs and pick up quick yardage - 1.5 second plays, not 2.5+

montana - this you?! Lmao

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Here is the video I'm talking about with Brady

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

You laugh at my pain, why? Lolol you have never cried into a jersey? Not a real fan haha.

Damn! That got out fast! I got it done in Vegas after hitting a few bars lol.

Hope that isn't her boyfriend's initials..we know how that works out lol
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

You laugh at my pain, why? Lolol you have never cried into a jersey? Not a real fan haha.

Damn! That got out fast! I got it done in Vegas after hitting a few bars lol.

Hope that isn't her boyfriend's initials..we know how that works out lol

I'm tryna figure out what that goatee is tatted on her chin. Lmao

Is it a football field?? No, nvm haha..looks like it ends in "IN"..."chin?" Lolol
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 22, 2024 at 2:26 PM ]

Is it a football field?? No, nvm haha..looks like it ends in "IN"..."chin?" Lolol

I think it says "boner garage".
Share 49ersWebzone