Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it says "boner garage".

Omg wow lol
Originally posted by Montana:
I think it says "boner garage".

Omg wow lol

Lmao that's from a movie. This girl got a tramp stamp that says that. Always cracked me up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Will Kyle ever allow this?

maybe one day lol
Stop lol

I mean the QB can change a play to the other play Kyle has provided (that's when you hear the QB say "can")…As far as I know, changing protections isn't a QB thing.
I just saying it's a little early to be blaming the coach for holding the QB back. Plus it doesn't matter who calls protection if one of the OL brain farts the play

It got us to the SB...a few plays away from winning. No sense in worrying about "what-ifs" when the guy making the suggestions has 7 rings.

We are going to have to start calling him mini Bosa with those calfs.

Adorable

Great role model for kids
That is my QB1
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 22, 2024 at 6:22 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It's a real question. In the meantime, Kyle can work to improve his protection and design schemes in the dropback game.

Here is the video I'm talking about with Brady

It would be cool if at some point, Tom would coach under Kyle Shanahan, or coach the 49ers after Kyle retires, when Tom retires from being a talking head just like Brian Griese.

It would be interesting what kind of offense he would run as a HC or OC in the NFL.
Originally posted by random49er:
Will Kyle ever allow this?

maybe one day lol
Stop lol

I mean the QB can change a play to the other play Kyle has provided (that's when you hear the QB say "can")…As far as I know, changing protections isn't a QB thing.
I just saying it's a little early to be blaming the coach for holding the QB back. Plus it doesn't matter who calls protection if one of the OL brain farts the play

It got us to the SB...a few plays away from winning. No sense in worrying about "what-ifs" when the guy making the suggestions has 7 rings.
exactly..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
It would be cool if at some point, Tom would coach under Kyle Shanahan, or coach the 49ers after Kyle retires, when Tom retires from being a talking head just like Brian Griese.

It would be interesting what kind of offense he would run as a HC or OC in the NFL.

That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?
great players tend to be the worst coaches

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

great players tend to be the worst coaches

Some truth to that, not every player has what it takes to be a HC. And not every coach had what it takes to be a good player. But as far as great players not making as a HC, I can't think of many who have succeeded and failed.
Hmm not sure if Brady would be a good coach but would be interested to find out:). If he ever was available, I would want to snag him for sure.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Well I'm looking at Jim Harbaugh as an example of a player coach. He's won at every level. Brian Griese is another example. Sean Payton was (I think) another player coach. I think guys like these, if they are raw and can get some mentorship/tutoring from a Kyle Shanahan/Andy Reid type coach, they would be much more effective as a coach. (Again assuming they would want a career as a coach)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Hmm not sure if Brady would be a good coach but would be interested to find out:). If he ever was available, I would want to snag him for sure.

Kyle is constantly losing assistant coaches like Bill walsh did, that's why I'm doing my bit to see where Kyle can get his next Holmgren/Seifert 2.0.
Purdy to the next level? I don't agree with all the criticism of Purdy - he has shown an amazing ability to play the game at the NFL level -- understands the complex system and play intent, can read amazingly quickly, mentally tough, aggressive, creative when needed. But I also agree that there is just a little more needed to be elite. And that's the ability to put a dagger in a defense when the defense gambles or when a play breaks down. He's shown flashes of it on occassion - so I firmly believe that with this last full year in the system his ability to recognize and seize opportunities even quicker will emerge this year. I am in particular thinking of those deep crossers that are getting open into the deep outside -- as JT Sullivan points out. And ability to beat blitzes better - so long as the scheme evolves to better enable hot routes and blitz beaters.
Share 49ersWebzone