There are 250 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.
Originally posted by random49er:
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.

I agree that most "greats" don't/wont make a good coach. At least in a structured team environment - I think Brady could probably be a good private qb mentor cause he could coach up guys about how he prepped in the off season and wouldn't be restricted to certain things like you are when on an nfl coaching staff. He wouldn't have to do what a head coach thinks is best, but what he wants to teach and instill.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Montana:
Hmm not sure if Brady would be a good coach but would be interested to find out:). If he ever was available, I would want to snag him for sure.

Kyle is constantly losing assistant coaches like Bill walsh did, that's why I'm doing my bit to see where Kyle can get his next Holmgren/Seifert 2.0.

Seifert was a great find that he worked with before. Holmgren was on the rise as an OC. I think McDaniel could've been (or was) that guy. Maybe we have it now in Griese? I honestly do like our coaching staff. Hankerson, Bullocks, Holland, Kocurek, Griese, Turner, etc. You can't develop the talent we have without great coaching. Hoping we have the next great offensive mind on this staff.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Purdy to the next level? I don't agree with all the criticism of Purdy - he has shown an amazing ability to play the game at the NFL level -- understands the complex system and play intent, can read amazingly quickly, mentally tough, aggressive, creative when needed. But I also agree that there is just a little more needed to be elite. And that's the ability to put a dagger in a defense when the defense gambles or when a play breaks down. He's shown flashes of it on occassion - so I firmly believe that with this last full year in the system his ability to recognize and seize opportunities even quicker will emerge this year. I am in particular thinking of those deep crossers that are getting open into the deep outside -- as JT Sullivan points out. And ability to beat blitzes better - so long as the scheme evolves to better enable hot routes and blitz beaters.
I agree, Brock has a better won/loss record than Patrick's first two years, and he's on track to tie Patrick in winning a superbowl in both their third year's. We shall see what happens this year, but I think the 49ers have found a guy as similar to Patrick as any QB in the league today. He may not have Patrick's rocket arm, and that'd probably the only thing he doesn't have vs Patrick.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Montana:
Hmm not sure if Brady would be a good coach but would be interested to find out:). If he ever was available, I would want to snag him for sure.

Kyle is constantly losing assistant coaches like Bill walsh did, that's why I'm doing my bit to see where Kyle can get his next Holmgren/Seifert 2.0.

Seifert was a great find that he worked with before. Holmgren was on the rise as an OC. I think McDaniel could've been (or was) that guy. Maybe we have it now in Griese? I honestly do like our coaching staff. Hankerson, Bullocks, Holland, Kocurek, Griese, Turner, etc. You can't develop the talent we have without great coaching. Hoping we have the next great offensive mind on this staff.

Agree 💯% with you about the coaching staff, and I think we'll probably lose Klay Kubiack or Brian Griese next year.
interesting
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

I agree that most "greats" don't/wont make a good coach. At least in a structured team environment - I think Brady could probably be a good private qb mentor cause he could coach up guys about how he prepped in the off season and wouldn't be restricted to certain things like you are when on an nfl coaching staff. He wouldn't have to do what a head coach thinks is best, but what he wants to teach and instill.

I think Brady was a bit like Brian Griese. Neither wowed you with their physical talents, but they did their damage with their minds. Brian (I think) didn't even think about coaching until he was terminated by the network. If Brady can have as long a TV career as Terry Bradshaw, then I'm pretty sure coaching will never be a serious consideration for him.

People with that much wealth and fame don't want to work that hard, and don't need to to keep money rolling in.
I think Brady was a bit like Brian Griese. Neither wowed you with their physical talents, but they did their damage with their minds. Brian (I think) didn't even think about coaching until he was terminated by the network. If Brady can have as long a TV career as Terry Bradshaw, then I'm pretty sure coaching will never be a serious consideration for him.

Yeah, makes sense. Neither were super talented physically - especially Brady in his younger years. He improved a lot with age through hard work but you're right - what made him great was his mind/processing.

brady is so competitive though - it'll be interesting if he can deal without that competition. Like how lynch had a cush job but missed the game of winning/losing.

Brady has already shown interest in owning a team so I feel like it's a matter of time until he moves into front office work, would be my long term guess.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not really what?

BRADY??? Who gives a flying fart about Brady?? I believe once Brock wins his first SB, he will start on a path of multiple SB wins and will have more than Tom
once his career is done
Trey Lance's replacement. lol

Only a matter of time before we see fans cheering for Purdy.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
BRADY??? Who gives a flying fart about Brady?? I believe once Brock wins his first SB, he will start on a path of multiple SB wins and will have more than Tom
once his career is done

Originally posted by NinerTy:
once his career is done

Brock so sent him into retirement.

On to the next BIG thing..
BCB
Kittles comments about Brock 😍😍😍
Share 49ersWebzone