There are 164 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by random49er:
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.

Not really what?

It wouldnt really be interesting.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Kittles comments about Brock 😍😍😍

Looks like the guy? He IS the guy ❤️
Originally posted by Montana:

What he's really saying is that Brock is taking the next step that Jimmy never did. Muhahaha

hee making the offense his own!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 23, 2024 at 6:02 PM ]
What he's really saying is that Brock is taking the next step that Jimmy never did. Muhahaha

Lolol Jimmy was better off as a model or something. Idk.

That's what I'm most excited about, besides his quads. It's all coming together. A vocal leader, highly competitive, physical growth, and his mental grasp of the offense only gets better. We're talking about the total package here!
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.

Not really what?

Of course it would
Originally posted by BP13:

That's what I'm most excited about, besides his quads. It's all coming together. A vocal leader, highly competitive, physical growth, and his mental grasp of the offense only gets better. We're talking about the total package here!

I said it after his second game as a starter, we are witnessing something special and it's going to be a wonderful ride.

we stumbled into the next great late round qb, and those mid to late round ones usually end up being the very special.

Here is the best part, I believe that what we've seen from Brock is the worst version of Brock we will witness over the next 15 years or so. Strap in!
From dwelley at TEU this last week

Dwelley, who was with Woerner during Purdy's first offseason as a rookie, noticed from the start that the quarterback's intensity was at another level, even with his limited rookie reps.

"I don't know if Kyle has gone on the record, but he knew he had something special in Brock after OTAs of his first year and midway though training camp. He just happened to get an opportunity when some guys got injured, and now he's who he is. It's a pretty cool thing to see, and he deserves it all."
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 23, 2024 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by BP13:

Big Package Brock
He throws touchdowns and wins games.

Brock taking command. Those slouching, hands of hip veterans and rookies gonna get rude awakening from Brock. Go intense or go home.

I hope Brock takes more leadership role this year, because for whatever reason, it seemed there's a lot of talent on the team but the leadership is still lacking especially on offense. They played catchup football in the playoffs against the Packers and the Lions. Need more of that intensity and leadership to be dominate.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 23, 2024 at 10:00 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Not really what?

Says you. If he turned into a coach he would be all over the media.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brock taking command. Those slouching, hands of hip veterans and rookies gonna get rude awakening from Brock. Go intense or go home.

I hope Brock takes more leadership role this year, because for whatever reason, it seemed there's a lot of talent on the team but the leadership is still lacking especially on offense. They played catchup football in the playoffs against the Packers and the Lions. Need more of that intensity and leadership to be dominate.

I think we will see more assertiveness out of Brock this year, like we did when ray ray ran the wrong route. Lol

persomally I felt like the leadership lacked on defense - the lack of effort, poor tackling etc maybe that was Wilks but I'd like to see more consistency out of them
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Lolol Jimmy was better off as a model or something. Idk.

What shocked me about Purdy, was that in his first game he looked like a mobile Jimmy, playing in his 7+ year pro level standards - as a *rookie* in his first NFL game. I mean he also looked good against the chiefs in the loss earlier in that year too. But dang, that surprised the heck out of me. Then the next week he blows out the GOAT. What an unbelievable QB find. Now Dobbs and Mordecai kind look like Brock 2.0 in a sense. I'm eager to see what both these new QBs bring to the team in pre-season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I think we will see more assertiveness out of Brock this year, like we did when ray ray ran the wrong route. Lol

persomally I felt like the leadership lacked on defense - the lack of effort, poor tackling etc maybe that was Wilks but I'd like to see more consistency out of them

I think losing Demeco really hurt our Superbowl chances. To me, Brandon Staley is the *real* defensive coordinator until Sorensen gets a year of experience under his belt. I hope Staley (if he's good) stays a lot longer than two years with Kyle.
Share 49ersWebzone