There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brock taking command. Those slouching, hands of hip veterans and rookies gonna get rude awakening from Brock. Go intense or go home.

I hope Brock takes more leadership role this year, because for whatever reason, it seemed there's a lot of talent on the team but the leadership is still lacking especially on offense. They played catchup football in the playoffs against the Packers and the Lions. Need more of that intensity and leadership to be dominate.

I think we will see more assertiveness out of Brock this year, like we did when ray ray ran the wrong route. Lol

persomally I felt like the leadership lacked on defense - the lack of effort, poor tackling etc maybe that was Wilks but I'd like to see more consistency out of them

Wilks wasn't good but we just can't blame everything on him, especially lack of effort. I'm sure Wilks told Chase Young to give half ass effort if he wants a new contract.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Brock taking command. Those slouching, hands of hip veterans and rookies gonna get rude awakening from Brock. Go intense or go home.

I hope Brock takes more leadership role this year, because for whatever reason, it seemed there's a lot of talent on the team but the leadership is still lacking especially on offense. They played catchup football in the playoffs against the Packers and the Lions. Need more of that intensity and leadership to be dominate.

I think we will see more assertiveness out of Brock this year, like we did when ray ray ran the wrong route. Lol

persomally I felt like the leadership lacked on defense - the lack of effort, poor tackling etc maybe that was Wilks but I'd like to see more consistency out of them

Wilks wasn't good but we just can't blame everything on him, especially lack of effort. I'm sure Wilks told Chase Young to give half ass effort if he wants a new contract.

Its weird to me because even if Wliks is weak with scheme, or x's and o's it seemed to me the payers loved the man regardless, but I guess some people just don't get it (Chase may be that immature). Maybe Bosa and Warner need to step and play the good cop bad cop or bad cop bad cop more on that side and whip these guys into shape.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Its weird to me because even if Wliks is weak with scheme, or x's and o's it seemed to me the payers loved the man regardless, but I guess some people just don't get it (Chase may be that immature). Maybe Bosa and Warner need to step and play the good cop bad cop or bad cop bad cop more on that side and whip these guys into shape.

This is what I meant by better leadership - they need the guys to police their own when it comes to effort. When you have guys like Greenlaw, Warner, Hargrave etc not giving it all on every play - that leaks down to the lesser players.

there were plays in that game where Warner and Greenlaw looked like they were just going through the motions and expecting someone else to make the play. Can't have that. They're too awesome of players.

our offense seems to have no issue with motivation. It's the defense last year that did, in my eyes.
Originally posted by Giedi:
What shocked me about Purdy, was that in his first game he looked like a mobile Jimmy, playing in his 7+ year pro level standards - as a *rookie* in his first NFL game. I mean he also looked good against the chiefs in the loss earlier in that year too. But dang, that surprised the heck out of me. Then the next week he blows out the GOAT. What an unbelievable QB find. Now Dobbs and Mordecai kind look like Brock 2.0 in a sense. I'm eager to see what both these new QBs bring to the team in pre-season.

We were all in Brock shock lol.

I won't ever forget the Tampa game or the 1st Seattle game. I knew he was the guy during Seattle for sure! I won't forget where I was or the feeling. Just astonishment really. I was walking and literally stopped in my tracks and took it all in for a bit, we were witnessing history. Now he is bulking up and looks even more fierce! Lol and ppl have said he doesn't look athletic? What are they smoking? Lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 24, 2024 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by random49er:
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.

Not really what?

It wouldnt really be interesting.

Says you. If he turned into a coach he would be all over the media.

Yes,...says me. It would be all over the media because he's Tom Brady. In that context,...it's interesting if he gets a DUI next week too.

In terms of Tommy12,.... I don't pick up the coach vibe at all out of him. If he's on the field for 2-a-days, he's there to compete and get better himself.

There's no automatic translation from one to the other simply because a player is great. I can name nearly countless GOATS @ their sport where their egos (deservedly so) and mentality were simply not in line enough to steer them into coaching,...or be good ones for any sustained period of time.
Originally posted by Montana:
We were all in Brock shock lol.

I won't ever forget the Tampa game or the 1st Seattle game. I knew he was the guy during Seattle for sure! I won't forget where I was or the feeling. Just astonishment really. I was walking and literally stopped in my tracks and took it all in for a bit, we were witnessing history. Now he is bulking up and looks even more fierce! Lol and ppl have said he doesn't look athletic? What are they smoking? Lol

I was dumb founded during the dolphins game. I started talking to myself out loud like "what the hell is going on?" Or "his poise is incredible, especially for a rookie".

it was pretty crazy to witness. Especially since I remember saying "if the last pick in the draft, a 7th round rookie is playing for us, we are effed". lol so glad I was wrong
Yes,...says me. It would be all over the media because he's Tom Brady. In that context,...it's interesting if he gets a DUI next week too.

In terms of Tommy12,.... I don't pick up the coach vibe at all out of him. If he's on the field for 2-a-days, he's there to compete and get better himself.

There's no automatic translation from one to the other simply because a player is great. I can name nearly countless GOATS @ their sport where their egos (deservedly so) and mentality were simply not in line enough to steer them into coaching,...or be good ones for any sustained period of time.

Being great at something and being great at teaching something are two completely different things. Being a great teacher is a skill. A hard one. Most people can't teach.
brock could never
I was dumb founded during the dolphins game. I started talking to myself out loud like "what the hell is going on?" Or "his poise is incredible, especially for a rookie".

it was pretty crazy to witness. Especially since I remember saying "if the last pick in the draft, a 7th round rookie is playing for us, we are effed". lol so glad I was wrong

Yeah, I was really impressed with the Dolphins game but I was still discouraged by the Jimmy injury. My thoughts during the Dolphins game were that Brock took over like he has been playing forever, looked calm and collected and there was this ease I had about that ..but I was still thinking, he was a rookie and I was fixated on Jimbo's ankle and how crappy that was.

Honestly, the ease I had in the Miami game was similar to the ease I had with Joe playing qb..he commanded the whole game, owned the field..like Joe. But I was so thinking about Jimmy, that I had doubts about our season. Then the Tampa game happened and I honestly didn't think of Jimmy one time during that game! Being honest, not one time haha.
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 24, 2024 at 6:19 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
brock could never

Wouldn't want him to either. Lol Burrow is definitely pale enough for Vogue lol. I'll take the dude who rides around in John Deere tractors, Toyota Tundras and has monster quads.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
That would be interesting as hell to see if Tom Brady could make a good coach. I know I'd like to see it. But can he keep his cool if things don't go his way is the question?

Not really. Most guys of his caliber don't make great coaches. I think he'll be much better w/broadcasting.

Not really what?

It wouldnt really be interesting.

Says you. If he turned into a coach he would be all over the media.

You're getting it twisted like I said he would be a good coach. I simply said it would be interesting to see. But keep going you're doing great.
You're getting it twisted like I said he would be a good coach. I simply said it would be interesting to see. But keep going you're doing great.

It'd be interesting to watch DrEll coach.

Like Eddie, with Whoopi Goldberg.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

You taking it back, I'll see your Whoopi and Eddie and I'll raise you Goldie Hawn and Wildcats!!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think as long as you love the game of football, you will find your ability to teach and communicate. Just like anything in life, if you love it, you will grow into it. Brian Griese didn't have any background in coaching prior to working with Kyle (as far as I know) but he's grown into one heck of a QB coach.
Share 49ersWebzone