There are 137 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You're getting it twisted like I said he would be a good coach. I simply said it would be interesting to see. But keep going you're doing great.

I think as long as you love the game of football, you will find your ability to teach and communicate. Just like anything in life, if you love it, you will grow into it. Brian Griese didn't have any background in coaching prior to working with Kyle (as far as I know) but he's grown into one heck of a QB coach.
That still falls into the great players don't become great coaches

I dunno Demeco Ryan is doing ok.
thats because he's not a great player

He was pretty damn good.

There are always exceptions.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He was pretty damn good.

yes, but we're talking about the greats .. the all time bests of their position

He was pretty damn good.

i read you loud and clear

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

He was pretty damn good.

i read you loud and clear

"Can't do it"
I think as long as you love the game of football, you will find your ability to teach and communicate. Just like anything in life, if you love it, you will grow into it.

Yeah and we have no evidence that he loves coaching. All the evidence we have says he LOVES playing.

Ability is another "tweener" word. There are people with the ability to be Engineers, Lawyers, and Doctors,... but have been working @ fast food joints instead for 10+ yrs.

IOW.... no one questions the guy's ability to understand or diagnose the game,... but that's not everything.

I mean this is a guy that was high maintenance enough to deflate footballs b4 games. Being able to commit to the grind of coaching while all the focus and attention are on the guys on the field instead of him is what's doubtable.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 25, 2024 at 9:38 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He was pretty damn good.

Joe and Steve, I think, would be great QB coaches *if* they dedicated the same focus and energy they did to coaching as they did playing. But coaching and playing definitely does require different skill sets. On top of that, usually good coaches come from a pedigree of good coaches. I.e the bill walsh and Paul brown trees for example.
Griese says brock is the best processor that he's ever seen
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Griese says brock is the best processor that he's ever seen

Brock throws the prettiest most accurate touch passes I've ever seen since Montana/Young. 🤤
Brock_STAR throws touchdowns and wins games.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

IDGAF he's not doing it now, it's the off season.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

IDGAF he's not doing it now, it's the off season.

He's preparing in practice to do it again.

I think Brock has a lot to prove before we give him qb1 money. I mean really what has he done to earn it? Kirk cousins will be available for much less. Grant Cohn is a tool. I can't think of a dumber thing to publish. Brock is most certainly HIM. Thank the football gods for dropping him into our team. I thought we would be in qb hell in perpetuity. Now we just need to support him with a better OL and maintain a supporting cast of weapons.
He certainly has more than enough weapons to break some records and win some super bowls.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I think Brock has a lot to prove before we give him qb1 money. I mean really what has he done to earn it? Kirk cousins will be available for much less. Grant Cohn is a tool. I can't think of a dumber thing to publish. Brock is most certainly HIM. Thank the football gods for dropping him into our team. I thought we would be in qb hell in perpetuity. Now we just need to support him with a better OL and maintain a supporting cast of weapons.

Agreed 💯
Share 49ersWebzone