LISTEN: Answering The Biggest 49ers Questions With Akash Anavarathan →

There are 201 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IDGAF he's not doing it now, it's the off season.

He is doing it in my mind and when he isn't, I watch reruns of the past games 🤩
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I think Brock has a lot to prove before we give him qb1 money. I mean really what has he done to earn it? Kirk cousins will be available for much less. Grant Cohn is a tool. I can't think of a dumber thing to publish. Brock is most certainly HIM. Thank the football gods for dropping him into our team. I thought we would be in qb hell in perpetuity. Now we just need to support him with a better OL and maintain a supporting cast of weapons.

Coen
[ Edited by Strwy2Hevn on Jun 26, 2024 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
I think Brock has a lot to prove before we give him qb1 money. I mean really what has he done to earn it? Kirk cousins will be available for much less. Grant Cohn is a tool. I can't think of a dumber thing to publish. Brock is most certainly HIM. Thank the football gods for dropping him into our team. I thought we would be in qb hell in perpetuity. Now we just need to support him with a better OL and maintain a supporting cast of weapons.

Coen

Grant still thinks Trey is the future
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He certainly has more than enough weapons to break some records and win some super bowls.

I think Brock's passing had a lot (maybe 50% to possibly 65+%) to do with Aiyuk's success last year. After all, when Ray Ray, Bell, and Conelly had to play more because of injuries - they looked pretty good. Jimmy - IMO - never did make his journeyman WRs look as good as when Purdy threw to them.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
IDGAF he's not doing it now, it's the off season.

He is doing it in my mind and when he isn't, I watch reruns of the past games 🤩

His playoff game as a **Rookie** against Dallas was insane. He outplayed Dak, who was a veteran for many years - as a *rookie!* That, to me was Insane, when I look back on it.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Griese says brock is the best processor that he's ever seen

Brock throws the prettiest most accurate touch passes I've ever seen since Montana/Young. 🤤

And they spiral.
I think Brock's passing had a lot (maybe 50% to possibly 65+%) to do with Aiyuk's success last year. After all, when Ray Ray, Bell, and Conelly had to play more because of injuries - they looked pretty good. Jimmy - IMO - never did make his journeyman WRs look as good as when Purdy threw to them.

Same. Basically, turned him into a star, should thank BP when he gets his bag lol. When Jimmy, he was a good WR but yeah, Brock made him I think.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Coen

I read it and thought oh no I just read a Cohn article, looked up top and yep. Wow that's a couple minutes I lost of my life that will never come back.
Originally posted by Montana:

Same. Basically, turned him into a star, should thank BP when he gets his bag lol. When Jimmy, he was a good WR but yeah, Brock made him I think.

BA would be a star on a lot of rosters. Absolutely QB and coach/system have a lot to do with a player's numbers, but let's not diminish someone's talent to prop up another's. I know you're a Purdy fanatic, as am I, but this roster is loaded with great players who all elevate each other.
Originally posted by Chance:
BA would be a star on a lot of rosters. Absolutely QB and coach/system have a lot to do with a player's numbers, but let's not diminish someone's talent to prop up another's. I know you're a Purdy fanatic, as am I, but this roster is loaded with great players who all elevate each other.

True

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'm not trying to argue back and forth about his arm strength mainly because I don't think it's a critical skill to be a good QB. He has enough arm strength to run an offense. It's still one of the weakest arms in the league. His motion is long. Burrow doesn't have a cannon but he is an effortless thrower. You can see him flick a 40 yard pass going across his body moving to his left or hit a 60 yard pass in the air with a simple step into the throw. Brock isn't doing either. It's ok.

Also I think it's funny how everyone hated on Lance's throwing motion (for sure wasn't the best) but next to no one talks about Brock's throwing motion which is longer as well.

That's simple man, Brock makes plays consistently, can throw accurately and on time, read defenses at a much faster rate than normal, as well as having better than advertised mobility. He's just an all around better QB in almost every sense of the word, other than arm strength, which despite all of the folks acting like it is the be all end all of quarterbacking, is one of the least important attributes. It's more like a bonus if the guy can do everything else well.

he's done more than trevor lawrence
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
honestly once you get past the top 5 it gets tough and really subjective

i know herbert is a qb darling for a lot of people but he's just meh for me, maybe with harbaugh he makes a huge jump

i think QB and HC are great predictors and I like Herbert and Harbs a lot in terms of what they can do so I expect big things from LAC, maybe even super things, if you catch my drift

I know what you mean and that is a little scary when you think about it. Coach Harbaugh is more like Mike Tyson, while everyone else is trying to be Floyd Mayweather. LOL

Harbaugh wants elite O-line & D-line players. I don't think he cares about much more than that, maybe LB's & RB's? I'm just glad he's not in the NFC.
lol harbaugh is glass joe

I agree, he is not as good as some seem to think he is. Once the talent he inherited got old, the team went down the drain pretty fast. He needs someone to keep him in check in the building or else it gets ugly.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'm not trying to argue back and forth about his arm strength mainly because I don't think it's a critical skill to be a good QB. He has enough arm strength to run an offense. It's still one of the weakest arms in the league. His motion is long. Burrow doesn't have a cannon but he is an effortless thrower. You can see him flick a 40 yard pass going across his body moving to his left or hit a 60 yard pass in the air with a simple step into the throw. Brock isn't doing either. It's ok.

Also I think it's funny how everyone hated on Lance's throwing motion (for sure wasn't the best) but next to no one talks about Brock's throwing motion which is longer as well.

That's simple man, Brock makes plays consistently, can throw accurately and on time, read defenses at a much faster rate than normal, as well as having better than advertised mobility. He's just an all around better QB in almost every sense of the word, other than arm strength, which despite all of the folks acting like it is the be all end all of quarterbacking, is one of the least important attributes. It's more like a bonus if the guy can do everything else well.

Does Brock have a longer throwing motion than Lance? I didn't know that if he does. Lance just had a really funky throwing motion, to me. His last year here it looked really good though.

Griese has said that Brock is the best processor he's ever seen. So that's always wonderful
Share 49ersWebzone