There are 131 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Ok we can play that game…..if Brock had Brees's OL with their offense and Sean Payton, he would have 2 SB's. That's 1 more than Brees

Except I am not playing any games. What you have quoted, regarding Drew Brees, is historically factual.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Attempts don't matter, no one is critiquing him because he's not throwing more. Its about consistently playing great and winning, just like he's been doing. Over time they will quiet down.

Given the context of this discussion, using Drew Brees as an example and how he has dominated throwing the football....yes....attempts matter.

Again....if you're Brees and you're in a pass first offense, throwing 40+ times a game, game in game out, and every defense knows you're throwing the football and they've gameplanned all week to stop the pass.....and they still can't stop you? That is, in general, why Drew Brees is gonna be a first ballot HOF.

Ok we can play that game…..if Brock had Brees's OL with their offense and Sean Payton, he would have 2 SB's. That's 1 more than Brees

And then when Brees didn't have the team he did his first 5 season, he wasn't playing anywhere near like HOF Brees, and he still went to the Pro Bowl with San Diego. Brock Purdy in his first year starting, had a better season than Brees ever had in his first 5 seasons and this is with LaDainian Tomlinson rushing for over 1,600 yards.
I LOVE BROCK!!
Ready for him to break more records, have impressive stats and lots of WINNING this season!
All he does is win, win, win, no matter wut 🎶
Got Purdy on my mind, I can never get enough 🎶

That might be true. I rather have Sean Payton than CHOKER Shanahan. At least he knows how to win a Super Bowl. He also knows how to build an offensive line.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That might be true. I rather have Sean Payton than CHOKER Shanahan. At least he knows how to win a Super Bowl. He also knows how to build an offensive line.

Get the NFL to hand it to you on a silver platter to have a feel good story after half your city was flooded?

Payton had a HOF QB for over 15 years and made it to like two or three conference championships during that time. He's just Mike McCarthy on Ozempic.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

What's funny? Have you seen Shanahan win the Super Bowl?

You acting like it's easy to do is pretty funny, to be fair...

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

You acting like it's easy to do is pretty funny, to be fair...

It's not easy to do. The chances of us getting an easy road like last year where we very lucky to even be there in the first place is very slim. You can't blow the chances when you have them like he did.
McCarthy on Ozempic? Oof Lolol

Oh oh oh 🎶

Could be worse, could have Campbell, when he made those dumb calls in the Champ Game, I knew we would win. Shat it all away like a true gambling addict lol. I would be SO angry if I was a Lions fan and he did that crap! Lol. It's like he didn't even think it through..felt compulsive lol. I am like dude, you are handing the game to us but that is fine with me! Haha.
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 28, 2024 at 6:35 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You know Sean Payton coaches Denver now, you should go check it out lots of space there.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You know Sean Payton coaches Denver now, you should go check it out lots of space there.

Rather have Sean Payton is HILARIOUS

Another "fan" rather be 8-9 than lose a SB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Get the NFL to hand it to you on a silver platter to have a feel good story after half your city was flooded?

Payton had a HOF QB for over 15 years and made it to like two or three conference championships during that time. He's just Mike McCarthy on Ozempic.

The Saints won in 09. Katrina was in 05. If the NFL wanted to hand them a SB win, it makes sense it would have happened in 06, when they lost to the Bears in the NFC title game. They also may have been in the SB again in '18 if not for one of the most egregious missed calls in NFL history.

I'll take Kyle over Payton, but one of the biggest reasons they didn't win more was because their defense was mostly bad outside of a couple seasons… like their SB season where weren't great but at least generated turnovers. Not unlike the Packers who you compared them to.
Share 49ersWebzone