There are 124 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Get the NFL to hand it to you on a silver platter to have a feel good story after half your city was flooded?

Payton had a HOF QB for over 15 years and made it to like two or three conference championships during that time. He's just Mike McCarthy on Ozempic.

The Saints won in 09. Katrina was in 05. If the NFL wanted to hand them a SB win, it makes sense it would have happened in 06, when they lost to the Bears in the NFC title game. They also may have been in the SB again in '18 if not for one of the most egregious missed calls in NFL history.

I'll take Kyle over Payton, but one of the biggest reasons they didn't win more was because their defense was mostly bad outside of a couple seasons… like their SB season where weren't great but at least generated turnovers. Not unlike the Packers who you compared them to.

Things that Payton has that Shanahan never will.

Super Bowl trophy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Get the NFL to hand it to you on a silver platter to have a feel good story after half your city was flooded?

Payton had a HOF QB for over 15 years and made it to like two or three conference championships during that time. He's just Mike McCarthy on Ozempic.

The Saints won in 09. Katrina was in 05. If the NFL wanted to hand them a SB win, it makes sense it would have happened in 06, when they lost to the Bears in the NFC title game. They also may have been in the SB again in '18 if not for one of the most egregious missed calls in NFL history.

I'll take Kyle over Payton, but one of the biggest reasons they didn't win more was because their defense was mostly bad outside of a couple seasons… like their SB season where weren't great but at least generated turnovers. Not unlike the Packers who you compared them to.

Super Bowl trophy.

Super Bowl trophy.

He also had a HoF QB and a drug problem. Give Kyle time
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Hard for the NFL when the defense is giving up 200 yards on the ground.

Honestly the biggest reason is Kyle keeps running up against great coaching and some of the best QBs in the league. Those are hard combos to play against. Made even harder when some of your top players either get injured in the game or play poorly/make critical errors.

That's why the SB window is still wide open for the 49ers. Brock Purdy is going to give Kyle a chance to keep being in it. Kid showed the moment wasn't too big for him but he did have a key mistake in the game that would've sealed the game but credit also goes to KC for their DC, a brilliant mind of his own, and their great player who disguised the blitz incredibly well and made a play to knock the ball down.

Brock will grow from it just like he did from the play vs the Eagles. My bigger question is the defense but I'm excited about us making investments into the CB position. If Sorensen can follow the DeMeco Ryans model we'll win a SB(assuming we avoid critical injuries of course)
Originally posted by Koldo:

It is a one-liner if I ever saw one
Man the saints got screwed by awful play calls or unlucky plays like 3-4 years straight. Lol

the catch Minnesota had to win that playoff game, quite possibly the worst missed PI in nfl history. Etc. I think there was another one or two. Lol

Super Bowl trophy.

We have a hall of fame QB. We have Brock_STAR.

Super Bowl trophy.

We have a hall of fame QB. We have Brock_STAR.

Let's hope you are right for once!
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Let's hope you are right for once!

Lol. I have bad news.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Man the saints got screwed by awful play calls or unlucky plays like 3-4 years straight. Lol

the catch Minnesota had to win that playoff game, quite possibly the worst missed PI in nfl history. Etc. I think there was another one or two. Lol

The Catch III and Beastquake

Imagine this board if Kyle ever loses to a 7-9 team in the playoffs (guess it would be 8-9 now).
[ Edited by captveg on Jun 29, 2024 at 10:03 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Kyle is good enough to overcome that in the playoffs, (unlike Sean Payton) but the Superbowl is on a different level. Two best teams in the NFL on a head to head play. Usually only one play separates the winner from the loser - its usually that close - in the big game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
His scrambling reminds me a lot like Russell Wilson. I don't know how fans and media have Kyler Murray ranked ahead of Brock Purdy.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
🎶 Tobey McGuire got bit by a spider 🎶
🎶 but see... Brock Purdy got bit by a goat 🎶

Share 49ersWebzone