There are 124 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Mixed feelings. On one hand Purdy played great today. So I am hopeful he somehow is that guy we have been looking for. On the other hand, he is a rookie who was drafted with the last pick. Can he really get us there? History is not on our side with this. The high from the win is starting to wear off and worry is starting to set in.

Brady was drafted with pick 199 in round 6.

Do you think draft position matters?

But you are talking about the exception, not the rule. I hope we got the exception in Purdy. Not saying he isn't, just that I am not going to delude myself into being confident about going forward with it after one game either. I want Purdy to be that guy as much as anyone but I have been fooled many times with small sample sizes on a QB.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A week to realize he's the 49ers QB, Purdy will collapse under the pressure. He's small and does not appear to have a strong arm.

can i get the lotto numbers too Nostraudumbass?
Originally posted by redrathman:
Mixed feelings. On one hand Purdy played great today. So I am hopeful he somehow is that guy we have been looking for. On the other hand, he is a rookie who was drafted with the last pick. Can he really get us there? History is not on our side with this. The high from the win is starting to wear off and worry is starting to set in.

Brady was drafted with pick 199 in round 6.

Do you think draft position matters?

But you are talking about the exception, not the rule. I hope we got the exception in Purdy. Not saying he isn't, just that I am not going to delude myself into being confident about going forward with it after one game either. I want Purdy to be that guy as much as anyone but I have been fooled many times with small sample sizes on a QB.

ill settle for competitive football. We all know he was the last pick in the draft. He's a rookie being thrown into the fray during the final playoff push. yeah, the pressure may get to him but HES A ROOKIE! I was just tired of seeing those same mistakes from our veteran.
  • dj43
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Good point. And honestly, Purdy's one game of tape is way better than any Lance has had with the Niners yet. But then I think of all the Qbs we have had to look good for one game only to turn out terrible. A 7th round rookie is hard to have a ton of faith in but he did look like the moment wasn't too big for him.

Im a huge trey fan but i was surprised at how much better purdy looked. Then my buddy reminded me that purdy actually played a ton of games in college.

He played about 30 more college games than Lance.
This thread hits the 100 page mark by the weekend?
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Good point. And honestly, Purdy's one game of tape is way better than any Lance has had with the Niners yet. But then I think of all the Qbs we have had to look good for one game only to turn out terrible. A 7th round rookie is hard to have a ton of faith in but he did look like the moment wasn't too big for him.

Im a huge trey fan but i was surprised at how much better purdy looked. Then my buddy reminded me that purdy actually played a ton of games in college.

Good points by both. The nearly 50 college games he played showed up today with enough experience to not mess things up and take what the defense gave him. That's really all we need.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
if the 2000 Ravens can win a SB with Dilfer, the 2022 49ers can win a SB with Purdy.

The thing is defenses were allowed to play defense back then
There goes the season. Although he played well. You can't expect that every week. What a shame. We have a great team this year.
Offense could open up more and look much better now with Purdy at QB1, excited to see what KS dials up for Purdy going forward for the rest of the season 👍 😀 👏

GUNSLINGER READY TO ROLL 👏 👏 👏 👏
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 4, 2022 at 5:26 PM ]

Originally posted by q0c0p:
Originally posted by boast:
if the 2000 Ravens can win a SB with Dilfer, the 2022 49ers can win a SB with Purdy.

The thing is defenses were allowed to play defense back then

I'll just say, with the offensive skill talent and the defense we have.... I don't think it'd be impossible to with with Purdy.
But I do feel it's very improbable.

What's interesting to me though is that they did choose Purdy over Sudfield as the QB3, even though they gave Sudfield guaranteed money to be our backup QB. I think they have a degree of confidence with Purdy.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Facts!
If he plays well against the Bucs, I might believe.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There goes the season. Although he played well. You can't expect that every week. What a shame. We have a great team this year.

He looked better out there than Jimmy, time to move on buddy.
Share 49ersWebzone