Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 147 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah, we need another Jerry:(
Last year was THE YEAR.

Oh why couldnt you just hit the correct hot route on that 3rd down????
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Last year was THE YEAR.

If this is the play I am thinking of, it's because he had a defender in his face. I've heard it can be a little distracting.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Last year was THE YEAR.

If this is the play I am thinking of, it's because he had a defender in his face. I've heard it can be a little distracting.
only if you don't know where you're going with the ball
Last year was THE YEAR.

you guys have said this ever since '19. life goes on, more seasons to be played
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Last year was THE YEAR.

you guys have said this ever since '19. life goes on, more seasons to be played

And we basically have the same squad.
Last year was THE YEAR.

Last year was likely the easiest path in the NFC on paper but not sure it was true in reality. Both GB and Detroit were arguably the better teams than say Dallas or Eagles who were the favorites going into the season. Everyone assumes GB and Detroit will improve from last year and logic checks out.

But playing with high expectations vs being the underdog is another situation. The 49ers have proven that regardless of who is there as long as they're not destroyed with key injuries they can win football games and go far in the playoffs.

But while our path to the SB was "easy" last year can anyone here legit say the team played their best football in the playoffs?

If we avoid key injuries I think we can beat any team, yes even KC. Just have to get over that mental block but the biggest thing is playing our brand of football and eliminating our own mistakes from the picture.

We have some questions on the roster at OL and on defense but overall I think there is a lot of stuff to be excited about with our own young players.

Brock is the right guy for Kyle and vice versa. They can do this together and if Sorensen/Staley defense gets it together I believe we have a chance to get right back to it and win it this time.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Brock will lead us to 6. He will need to bail Kyle out to get it done.

I think Brock has a great shot this year to win a 🏆. One reason is he's more experienced and more confident in Kyle's offense. Also there are some promising young talent on defense. It feels a little bit like the 10-6 team in 1989 that went on to do great things. We shall see.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think Brock has a great shot this year to win a 🏆. One reason is he's more experienced and more confident in Kyle's offense. Also there are some promising young talent on defense. It feels a little bit like the 10-6 team in 1989 that went on to do great things. We shall see.

We need to see how the o line and d line play this year. Aside that remain healthy which is always a challenge.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Where was Brock on that 3rd down miss read of a hot route? Explain all these horrible play calls that Kyle has made over & over?

you can't because you don't know what the f**k your whining about

Feliciano at center and Puni at guard (if that happens) will make this the biggest OLine that Kyle has had during his tenure. Those 3rd down misfires should be reduced due to a much more beefy middle and a cleaner pocket for Purdy. I hope.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

We need to see how the o line and d line play this year. Aside that remain healthy which is always a challenge.

49ers (I think) just lost their strength and conditioning coach. It will be interesting to see who they hire/promote to that positon. It's a critical positon due to the long season, and with the NFL possibly going to a 18 game schedule, it can make or break a possible Superbowl season.

Where was Brock on that 3rd down miss read of a hot route? Explain all these horrible play calls that Kyle has made over & over?

Feliciano at center and Puni at guard (if that happens) will make this the biggest OLine that Kyle has had during his tenure. Those 3rd down misfires should be reduced due to a much more beefy middle and a cleaner pocket for Purdy. I hope.

I like that line the best as well.

49ers (I think) just lost their strength and conditioning coach. It will be interesting to see who they hire/promote to that positon. It's a critical positon due to the long season, and with the NFL possibly going to a 18 game schedule, it can make or break a possible Superbowl season.

That is interesting and important. Kyle turned the staff over a few years ago if I recall correctly.
I wonder what Brock thinks about jalapeños in corn bread.
Originally posted by Montana:
I wonder what Brock thinks about jalapeños in corn bread.

Pfft.. That's nothing compared to jalapenos in Alex Smith's corn dogs

I'm praying for that to work out as well. If so and McKivitz takes a step up, we should win another one.

I don't know if Puni is ready for the NFL yet which is why it's a prayer.
Share 49ersWebzone