Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 186 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For the Jimmy Truthers out there (you know who you are)

Originally posted by NYniner85:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Brock will lead us to 6. He will need to bail Kyle out to get it done.

Where was Brock on that 3rd down miss read of a hot route? Explain all these horrible play calls that Kyle has made over & over?

you can't because you don't know what the f**k your whining about

Feliciano at center and Puni at guard (if that happens) will make this the biggest OLine that Kyle has had during his tenure. Those 3rd down misfires should be reduced due to a much more beefy middle and a cleaner pocket for Purdy. I hope.

I'm praying for that to work out as well. If so and McKivitz takes a step up, we should win another one.

I don't know if Puni is ready for the NFL yet which is why it's a prayer.

Preseason is going to be interesting. I am particularly interested in that Raider castoff they got in the offseason. He has the same measureables like Trent Williams. It's a long shot, but if he's a diamond in the rough, this OLine will be deep and talented.

maybe Jimmy can do one us one last solid and get Adams here from being so disgruntled lol
Originally posted by tankle104:

Without the two injuries, would Brock be playing or still watching?

This is why the best player should always get the nod.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Without the two injuries, would Brock be playing or still watching?

This is why the best player should always get the nod.

Well if the story is true that Kyle realized early on that Brock was the best of the three - I imagine he would of eventually played after his rookie year.

it would of probably been a qb competition in camp the following year (depending on how Trey looked if he stayed healthy the rest of that year).

there are way too many variables to concretely say what would of happened but I personally think Lance would of severely struggled if he stayed healthy that year and we would of potentially missed the playoffs.

but to be fair to Kyle - just cause someone looks good in practice, doesn't mean it's going to translate to a live game. I think that was Kyle's biggest concern when it came to actually knowing if Brock was the best of the three. He needed to figure out what he had in Lance and Jimmy was a known commodity.

Thank god we have Brock. He's the man. Going to be a hell of a 12+ year ride left with him. Many chips to come.

Jimmy getting X amount of $ confirms on how good Jimmy is ......

those people finally STFU

maybe Jimmy can do one us one last solid and get Adams here from being so disgruntled lol

Davante should come here, he can be around a real qb lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 13, 2024 at 1:46 PM ]
Not that we didn't know it around here but another good chart for the "Purdy had the avengers" crowd out there

it's great to have the weapons we had/have but OL and pass pro is so key to QB success it's funny how it gets overlooked by opposing fans here just cuz of the numbers Brock put up.

Like I said I pray we can get our OL fixed so it can be a top 10 pass pro and we'll really see Brock shine.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Not that we didn't know it around here but another good chart for the "Purdy had the avengers" crowd out there

it's great to have the weapons we had/have but OL and pass pro is so key to QB success it's funny how it gets overlooked by opposing fans here just cuz of the numbers Brock put up.

Like I said I pray we can get our OL fixed so it can be a top 10 pass pro and we'll really see Brock shine.

I wish we had the Eagles OLine in the Superbowl.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by genus49:

I wish we had the Eagles OLine in the Superbowl.

Same…why it's so dumb the Eagles fans bring up Hurts' numbers vs a clearly weaker KC defense the year prior and on the field they cried about hurting their pass rush that Hurts didn't have a much easier go of it.

Weaker KC D
Field making their pass rush less impactful
Better OL protecting him

hmmm…

this would mean the 1 seed - I'll take it.

this would mean the 1 seed - I'll take it.

Oh cool. We don't even need to watch the regular season now.
This is a huge season for Purdy. He will be looking to cash in on a big contract. It's his first season as the starter where he's had a healthy off season. He's coming off a SB loss that he would like to avenge. He still has doubters out there so it's a chance to make them eat their words.
Share 49ersWebzone